Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But what do you recommend if I want to start with dermarolling 1.5mm even if its ''not safe''? What are the steps I need to take to stay hygenic and protect my health? ..................I want to start with dermarolling 1.5mm because @Kitedude reversed his hairloss ONLY dermarolling from 2013 to now
Just sanitize the roller with hydrogen peroxide, isopropyl alcohol or whatever - just something to kill the bacteria. Then let it run under hot water for a minute to get any debris or leftover bacteria. This is what I do and never have had a problem at all. It’s safe as long as you take the proper steps to sanitize.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
poured alcohol on the same needles for about a month doing 1.25 every time twice a week, no disaster yet

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But what do you recommend if I want to start with dermarolling 1.5mm even if its ''not safe''? What are the steps I need to take to stay hygenic and protect my health? ..................I want to start with dermarolling 1.5mm because @Kitedude reversed his hairloss ONLY dermarolling from 2013 to now
And scalp exercises. Not sure how big of a part they played in the final results, but they're there too.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just sanitize the roller with hydrogen peroxide, isopropyl alcohol or whatever - just something to kill the bacteria. Then let it run under hot water for a minute to get any debris or leftover bacteria. This is what I do and never have had a problem at all. It’s safe as long as you take the proper steps to sanitize.

and you just wash your hair with shampoo before wounding? do you also add alcohol on your scalp? how many session should a dermaroller last?

newguy7

My Regimen
Reaction score
did my 4th session and it was hard as f*** to get some sensation towards the back because its still hard going through all the hair. unfortunately i think im gonna have to get it cut real short to get my crown area good and i want to do this right. my hairline/temples im getting real good so we'll see how that goes.

here are some photos with hair styled. as youll see if this is successful i will first see results on the temples and hairline as they are the first victims for me. crown is gonna be hard to see a lot of improvement but we'll see. got a haircut appointment on tuesday so hopefully ill be able to get it real good after that.

https://imgur.com/a/7RWfUkY

newguy7

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have enough hair to make oriental rugs mate. o_O I don't see what you are trying to grow. You seem to have a mature hairline, but that's all. Not necessarily a bad thing if you adopt a shorter hair cut.

Hide yourself bro, some people on here would kill to have the same hair. :confused:
thanks but believe it or not i had a ton more. just look at that wispy *** hairline and temples man. i wish i had taken pics of how it was before to see the progression of this sh*t but i swear it wasnt that wispy before. fortunately i think i got it early (or my male pattern baldness is slow) and have a chance to slow it down.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The more I read and the more success we seem to be having....the more I think that the real reason behind male pattern baldness is not that DHT miniaturizes the hair follicle directly, rather it makes the scalp where DHT levels are high, uninhabitable for hair to grow, by restricting blood flow and causing fibrosis, hence why bald men have such shiny heads.....Micro needling reverses this process and allows the scalp to be revitalised as it were and thus the hair follicles begin the process of growing hair again.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it supposed to be done according to the studies? How many times do you need to repeat the same line for both horizontal and vertical moves? Do you start from the back to the front or the other way around? What was the speed for the pen and how fast does your hand move? thanks

5696.jpg

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But how does that combine with the fact that transplanted hair survives in previously bald areas?

Not sure.....maybe the extreme wounding that allows them to implant the Hair follicles in the first place creates all new vascular system combined with the fact that you have to be and stay on Finasteride stops that process form continuing.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting to think that way too.

Also wasn't their a study that showed bald men had much more fibrosis than none bald men?
Yup. Bald men are more prone to developing heart issues due to calcification than none bald men.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
(I think scalp massage is somehow related to needling, sorry if it's off topic)

Who is doing a scalp massage?
What is your regimen?
What are you based on? any proof (before/after pics) that it helps?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
(I think scalp massage is somehow related to needling, sorry if it's off topic)

Who is doing a scalp massage?
What is your regimen?
What are you based on? any proof (before/after pics) that it helps?
I am.
My current regimen is the one presented by Rob from https://perfecthairhealth.com; consisting of 2 sessions of 20 minutes each, 3 minutes of warming up, 6 minutes of pinching, 6 minutes of pressing and 5 minutes of stretching.
You wait around 12 hours between sessions and each session focus solely on a region (frontal, vertex and sides), that way you leave 36 hours of recovery for each area.
The before and after pics are in the website.
I did not get the book, by the way. These instructions were given to me by @lenuam, who got it for free.

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I be taking weekly pictures?

I think I should only take monthly pictures but in just 3 and a half weeks of once a day minoxidil and 2 dermarolling sessions, I'm seeing thin small very much pigmented hair grow on my old hairline.

What frequency are you guys using?
I'll be taking 'em every 6 months.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Did my 4th session and tbh it gets no easier pain wise.
Straight after I applied a bit of kirkland minoxidil foam to temples and crown, stings a bit but no other sides.
In b4 dead in an hour

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am.
My current regimen is the one presented by Rob from https://perfecthairhealth.com; consisting of 2 sessions of 20 minutes each, 3 minutes of warming up, 6 minutes of pinching, 6 minutes of pressing and 5 minutes of stretching.
You wait around 12 hours between sessions and each session focus solely on a region (frontal, vertex and sides), that way you leave 36 hours of recovery for each area.
The before and after pics are in the website.
I did not get the book, by the way. These instructions were given to me by @lenuam, who got it for free.

@Bill_Russo
Thanks for the explanation!
Is that what's called "Detumescence Therapy"?
Any idea of the success rate of this method?
Do you know if you get results and stop, will the hair gained from this be lost again?
How long have you been doing this?
Can you tell if this massage helped you so far?

@lenuam,
How long have you been doing this?
Can you tell if this massage helped you so far?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks again :)