Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, I hate to compromise the experiment. But I think I'm going to get back on small doses of Finasteride. I have a feeling I well get full regrowth tbh, with blocking DHT and wounding + minoxidil. I ran out of of nizoral a few weeks back, I don't really feel like buying anymore though lol

Also, unrelated question, but does anyone here use Retin-A on their face? I tried some the other night, just a pea sized amount of .05 to cover my whole face and I woke up in the middle of the night with slight feverish symptoms and my heart racing... I think I got vit A toxicity from it, but I haven't found another story online similar to my experience.

Have any of you gone through this? I really want to start applying Retin-A like 2 times a week.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think oral Vit d was more useful than just sunlight.
Do the Protocol I listed from evolutionary.org as when I first used it I know it stopped my scalp itch, and it’s being used to reverse aortic calcification ( don’t have link I’m on my phone)
It may be helpful to see an endocrinologist to control those hormones. If they don’t offer help you can google “estrogen herbs” for example for supplements to have an influence.
Boron helps you use mangesnium and Vitamin D while possibly lowering estrogen, for example.

It may be worth your money to get the perfect hair health.com ebook as he has video of his whole scalp massage regime
Yea I will add all those stuff but now I am kinda low on money:(

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello classmates, I wanted to cast a doubt in case you could solve it. 2 years ago I had a graft (frontal) and coincidentally the part of the crown I saw an evident improvement at about 3 months. the next year I got another graft (front and middle) and again I saw another slight improvement in the part of my crown this time on the left side again at about 3 months. It is true that I took dutas 3 times a day, but when doing the grafts I was 1 month without taking anything. Could it be the improvement thanks to the puncture?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello classmates
Ooooo, school on Sundays?
Could it be the improvement thanks to the puncture?
With the evidence we have now on the effects of wounding the scalp, we can say that this is very possible and the fact that you weren't taking anything is further proof of it.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1351889/

bmjcred00266-0059.gif

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great to see people working together - really hope this works out!

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hairloss_user If you don't mind, I will keep your photos + a negative picture with your regimen in Google Drive. I'll try to do so for the other members so we will have a place where everyone can see all the results we got. If you want me to destroy your pictures, you can always tell me in private. I will do it without any question.

It looks like this:

View attachment 106918

Sure no prob. Even though they're probably not the best images to use, but I'll get something better for next time.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guy. I recommend this website to send photos: http://www.framapic.org (the photos are not compressed so we can zoom in and see more details / the website is in French, but you can easily drag and drop your photos, then you get a link to share your photos).

I also recommend to take photos with the same haircut (brush your hair in the same direction if it's possible), so that nobody will find that the results are dubious.

Anyway, I looked at your photos in details. It seems that you are growing little hair between and around your little tufts (not sure I'm using the right english word). That's why those tufts look bigger and stronger and that's maybe why @Francesco17 couldn't believe the authenticity of your two photos. I don't doubt a single second that your two photos are authentic. Those new little hair are also filling the gaps between the tufts. For me, it's already an impressive result. I wish you good luck for the weeks to come.

Keep up the good work mate !

Will look into that. Thanks man.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, quick update on my regime. I am 6 weeks in, using the 12 pin Dr. Pen every 3-4 days working my way up from 0.25mm to 1.5mm. I am on 1.0mm now. it is now starting to hurt a bit but not enough to put me off. it's hurts most on the bald temples. I don't know if that's because there's less hair there to get in the way. Instead of gliding the pen across the scalp in an uninterrupted motion I am pressing gently, removing, then pressing again, and working my way across scalp. I am applying Regaine foam twice daily apart from microneedling days, and also a mix of castor oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, and peppermint oil. Will update here every couple of weeks.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
...Also, unrelated question, but does anyone here use Retin-A on their face? I tried some the other night, just a pea sized amount of .05 to cover my whole face and I woke up in the middle of the night with slight feverish symptoms and my heart racing... I think I got vit A toxicity from it, but I haven't found another story online similar to my experience.

Have any of you gone through this? I really want to start applying Retin-A like 2 times a week.

Why are you using Retin A on your face? I use .025 on face and neck frequently, get a mild erythema which disappears after a few days when use is discontinued. No other symptoms.

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to finally hop on board as well after reading this topic off and on for the last few weeks. However, I'm still unsure what exactly I need to order.

I want to get a Derminator here: (removed owndoc link). Now the question is: do I need the 9-needles or 12-needles? Also, it doesn't say anything about length, I've seen people mention 1.5 and 2mm. Or is that a setting on the device itself? (by pushing the needles out further for example)

I apologize if this has been answered before but it seems like most people get a pen or a roller, and since I'm terrified to start sticking needles into my skull I wanna at least be sure I have the right product.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you using Retin A on your face? I use .025 on face and neck frequently, get a mild erythema which disappears after a few days when use is discontinued. No other symptoms.

I use it every other day at 0.05% and I have no issue.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it worth using retin-a if you're already microneedling your face every 3-4 weeks and also using retinol serum?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to finally hop on board as well after reading this topic off and on for the last few weeks. However, I'm still unsure what exactly I need to order.

I want to get a Derminator here: (removed owndoc link). Now the question is: do I need the 9-needles or 12-needles? Also, it doesn't say anything about length, I've seen people mention 1.5 and 2mm. Or is that a setting on the device itself? (by pushing the needles out further for example)

I apologize if this has been answered before but it seems like most people get a pen or a roller, and since I'm terrified to start sticking needles into my skull I wanna at least be sure I have the right product.
You got the best out there.
Most people here went for the 12-needle. The length is set on the device, from 0.25 to 3 mm I believe (I'm waiting for a stamp).
Don't be afraid to ask.
Hope that helps!
after reading this thread bought myself a derma pen and started micro needling yesterday. Lets see how thing are in 6 months time :)
Best of luck, man.

Last edited:

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say that it might have to do with the fact that, along with the hair follicle, they are also taking some surrounding tissue. Maybe this brings the ecosystem with it, and it is not as affected by the surrounding environment?
Thanks guy. I recommend this website to send photos: http://www.framapic.org (the photos are not compressed so we can zoom in and see more details / the website is in French, but you can easily drag and drop your photos, then you get a link to share them).

I also recommend to take photos with the same haircut (brush your hair in the same direction if it's possible), so that nobody will find that the results are dubious.

Anyway, I looked at your photos in detail. It seems that you are growing little hair between and around your little tufts (not sure I'm using the right english word). That's why those tufts look bigger and stronger and that's maybe why @Francesco17 couldn't believe the authenticity of your two photos. I don't doubt a single second that your two photos are authentic. Those new little hair are also filling the gaps between the tufts. For me, it's already an impressive result. I wish you good luck for the weeks to come.

Keep up the good work mate !

Well I thought it was some random guy from the internet and I have never seen visible regrowth in two weeks with any treatment, let alone oils that rank very low on the efficacy spectrum. The picture is probably authentic, the regrowth, I don't know. If it is, great news. But I really doubt it is possible. Since my entrance in the wonderful world of alopecialand, I had several days when I feared I had lost hair, like, overnight. And other days, I sort of believed I experienced some sort of miraculous regrowth, practically overnight as well... All in the space of less than three months. Reality is much more boring. I'm saying this so I don't sound like an annoying know-it-all. We all go through similar experiences.

However

I hope there is real regrowth there. I'm using oils myself

newguy7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, I hate to compromise the experiment. But I think I'm going to get back on small doses of Finasteride. I have a feeling I well get full regrowth tbh, with blocking DHT and wounding + minoxidil. I ran out of of nizoral a few weeks back, I don't really feel like buying anymore though lol

Also, unrelated question, but does anyone here use Retin-A on their face? I tried some the other night, just a pea sized amount of .05 to cover my whole face and I woke up in the middle of the night with slight feverish symptoms and my heart racing... I think I got vit A toxicity from it, but I haven't found another story online similar to my experience.

Started using it a few months ago for acne and it’s worked wonders on that end. Used it pretty much every day. Started at .009 and now I’m at .06. Been doing it irregularly now because it’s worked well but I should really keep doing it everyday. Don’t have any sides but dryness which I easily solve with moisturizer

newguy7

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are 23, bro. It's quite normal to lose some hair at your age or before. Nobody stays with the same hair as a teenager. It doesn't mean that you are balding, far from that. You seem to have a mature hairline, which is quite normal for your age. You have to take a look at what occured in your family (father's and mother's family) and if someone is balding, you have to know at which age it happened. Then you will be able to project what could happen to you (or not).

But you look fine. Mate, go out, take it easy, live your life. Forget about your hair. Leave us behind. You look good ! Enjoy every bit of your life and come back in 10 years (or not).
I don’t stress much about it I just think sucks huge *** lol. In the end if it goes then it goes but if there’s stuff that I can do to slow or stop it then I’ll try. Except for finasteride. It only really takes a few minutes to catch up on the two threads I follow here so it’s good.