Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more thing.

I'm turning into a gorilla again. Loads of hair on my face as high as the lower eyelid. I will have to learn self-threading again.

flyingsock

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I've been ghosting this thread for a while. What are your routines on needling + minoxidil?

I'm trying the one I read on the chinese study, needling every 2 weeks, applying minoxidil right after needling and not washing the head for 24 hours. 1 session so far.

Is that right?

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I've been ghosting this thread for a while. What are your routines on needling + minoxidil?

I'm trying the one I read on the chinese study, needling every 2 weeks, applying minoxidil right after needling and not washing the head for 24 hours. 1 session so far.

Is that right?

Twice a week but I think most people are splitting the difference at once a week. Does applying minoxidil right afterwards burn?

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone got pimples in the scalp? They’re not the ones that hurt, they’re small and flat(ish) with a bit of yellow thing. I have 3 (derminator last Friday). Not concerned at all but just curious if others got them.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

irongymmer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Checking in as well as this has been looking promising for me.

I started using a dermapen 2.0mm on 25.10.2018, so creeping up on 2 months now.

I feel like my hair has gotten a lot thicker (though it's obviously longer as well), and today I could swear I saw some vellus growing in my left temple.
Overall, the last month I have not been that bothered by my hair loss anymore and even if it maintains as it is now I would be pretty happy.

Note that I'm also on dutasteride since a few months, and finasteride for a year before that.
Minoxidil with 1ml sandalore per 60ml bottle once a day in the evening.
2.0mm dermapen once a week for about 15 minutes, redness lasts for 2 days with some mild blood spots sometimes.
I use local numbing cream to make pressing harder a bit easier.

I've been taking monthly pictures since 1.9.2018 so when I get more results I can make an album

Attachments

• leftTemple_30.08.2018.jpg
    leftTemple_30.08.2018.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 944
  • lefttemple_17.12.2018.jpg
    lefttemple_17.12.2018.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,089

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I feel like my hair has gotten a lot thicker (though it's obviously longer as well), and today I could swear I saw some vellus growing in my left temple.
Overall, the last month I have not been that bothered by my hair loss anymore and even if it maintains as it is now I would be pretty happy.

Note that I'm also on dutasteride since a few months, and finasteride for a year before that.
2.0mm dermapen once a week for about 15 minutes, redness lasts for 2 days with some mild blood spots sometimes.

I've been taking monthly pictures since 1.9.2018 so when I get more results I can make an album
There are definitely vellus hair popping in the second pic. However, it's hard to compare them since the first one is blurry.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone use Kirkland liquid?I just switched over to Kirkland and it almost doesnt hurt at all when I apply it after rolling.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Arrade , seeing that you asked another guy whether the itch comes from minoxidil or not, I can tell you that I also have experienced strong itch episode since needling. I have been using minoxidil for 2.5 years without any itching sensation (only in the first month maybe). Now I have several days with itching battles against my scalp, so I think needling is the most likely cause of that.

I do hope that scratching my scalp is also an accidentally good thing for hair regrowth, given that the mechanical stimulation it applies to the scalp might theoretically trigger more circulation and can be seen as "mild wounding". I hope I'm not mistaken here and that it's not actually the opposite.
Does anyone there know of some case in which scratching the scalp actually worsened their haisloss? Any studies regarding this issues?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Arrade , seeing that you asked another guy whether the itch comes from minoxidil or not, I can tell you that I also have experienced strong itch episode since needling. I have been using minoxidil for 2.5 years without any itching sensation (only in the first month maybe). Now I have several days with itching battles against my scalp, so I think needling is the most likely cause of that.

I do hope that scratching my scalp is also an accidentally good thing for hair regrowth, given that the mechanical stimulation it applies to the scalp might theoretically trigger more circulation and can be seen as "mild wounding". I hope I'm not mistaken here and that it's not actually the opposite.
Does anyone there know of some case in which scratching the scalp actually worsened their haisloss? Any studies regarding this issues?
All I could gather from a relatively quick search was that it does worsen it in a case of scalp psoriasis. Nothing conclusive regarding regular loss.

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

With all you're on right now I would be surprised if you didn't maintain your hair.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@FrenchMoustache forgot what site you said to upload to mate, lost in all the pages

I use my front camera it’s just an old iphone 6 so not the best, the small hairs seem to be getting longer now and everything seems thicker, my hair also looks a lot darker

Edit - i use my back camera not front facing one

Attachments

• 3B73394A-BE10-4375-9EE9-73495B6DD39A.jpeg
    3B73394A-BE10-4375-9EE9-73495B6DD39A.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 711
  • 1BECCD4A-3A3F-4799-9B84-659DAE3164C1.jpeg
    1BECCD4A-3A3F-4799-9B84-659DAE3164C1.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody know if it will be an issue needling over moles on your scalp ?
According to RealSelf, "it won't encourage mole growth, but it's best to avoid the area".

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What pen is everyone using? I think I will start a Google Docs survey to try to find this out. It seems to a split between the Derminator 2 and several Chinese brands.

I don't even know what brand my pen is but it's from China and costs £55 on Amazon UK. Not sure how easy it will be if a dermapen is considered a medical device, but should I set up a website that tells you everything we know so far about microneedling (studies, before & after pics etc), and sells the exact pen I use?

I am quite excited about what's going on here! I could work out some sort of incentive programme if people allowed me to use their before and after photos on the site but I do think we've got something here that is genuine and could help rather a lot of people.

I know any attempt to make money from something like this quite often sees it dismissed as a con, but what do you guys think?

The thing is, I don't know you. I don't really think you are a genuine shill, but since you are trying to make money out of it (which is legitimate in itself) I consider that as a possibility. But in any case, I give you credit for popularising this technique.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I very much respect what you guy did for us all (sharing your results and your methods was very kind). But, as you already know, people here are distrustful because of past scams. If you do this, it will kill the motivation of lots a people.

Look, we already know how it should be done. We also gather and share informations between us, so it can be done properly and with less pain. Some also try to understand why this treatment works. A website from you would only create doubts amongst us. We don't need a website, nor an e-book. We know it all.

Should you do something like this, please wait before we get some noticeable results (maybe 9 months from now). Then no one will be bothered by the fact that you can take some profits from this technique (it's fair after all). But for now, please leave this thread living its own life. We already are very motivated and know what we have to buy (each one has a different budget, so a single pen will not do it).

I wish you don't find my message too rude, but I had to say it.
I agree, except on one thing - numberman is not responsible for people undertaking or not undertaking the needling treatment. He has no duty of care whatsoever. My motivation comes, chiefly, from the indian and chinese studies, and, secondarily, from a body of anecdotal evidence of which he may or may not be part (since he is making profit, no matter how small).

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you absolutely should be making money through affiliate links, it’s literally the same price not like it adds money on for you, you just take a cut off amazon

Without you and OP this thread probably wouldnt have started, you have literally saved me, my hair was getting so bad it was depressing, you have been really helpful and took the time to document your progress, just my opinion

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My main aim would be to get some of this anecdotal evidence monitored in a proper study. I and other people on here have shown enough before/after photos to know that we're on to a possible solution but if you found all of our before/after pics on a random website then for sure you'd think it's a scam.

If you are giving value to people, then why not make moeny from it? As long as it’s legitimate what’s the issue