Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you all have short hair, or are trying to keep it as short as possible?
I do. I cut it every month.
Baseline pic was taken 4 days after a haircut under very intense lighting with unwashed hair and the year mark picture will be taken the same for consistency.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a biologist and also since I'm losing hair I'm pretty familiar with the biological background regarding hair cycles and androgenetic alopecia, so I didn't Google a thing this time for addressing your issue. Also, what you quoted has nothing to do with what you are saying, u might want to check that out .
And no, you cannot "see" or "feel" objectively that your hair is thicker and stronger after just one month of needing. That is why people measure hairs with appropriate tools to address changes in hair diameter in scientific studies. You don't address that by kinda feeling and seeing. Sorry, but it's almost biologically impossible. Do not worry though, I do think and hope your hair will eventually get better, but your already grown and existing hair must be shed first. It's how it works, we don't invent how hair cycles work, like it or not.

What you might feel as a better overall hair is that NEWLY growing vellus hairs are adding mass to your scalp, but again, this doesn't mean your already grown long hairs are getting thicker. You just might have increased the number of active folicles
And please, you might want to re-read everyone of your posts here. Every single time someone tries to correct you politely, you respond with this kind of childish emotional arguments. Do not get too fanatical about this man. It's a dangerous path, stay away from it.
Cheers and best of luck with your ongoing treatment.

It’s like people just want and argument for the sake of it haha

Its like you want some sort of authority in the group and everyone needs to listen to your wisdom.. who cares?

The reason Im here is to get my hair back... this is the only thing I have done thats working, my once limp dry hair is coming back to life... I couldnt give a sh*t about anything your saying, I can see it with my own eyes? I don’t care how it’s hapoening but it is, i’m not gunna let some guy on here tell me its not when i can see it?? Your just so badly after authority on this thread about why you should be listened to... please understand, I couldnt give a sh*t, I’ll post what I want, when I want and I’m not letting you tell me if my existing hair is improving or not thanks haha

Now lets just ignore each other

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, haha. Gotta be careful with that.
You plan on doing your nose or under the eyes? I wanna do those 2 but not sure how I should approach them.

good stopping point is visible redness. By average it's 0.2 - 0.5 on most of the area. 0.2 where skin is very thin like under eyes or nose and even up to 1.5mm on cheeks.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
good stopping point is visible redness. By average it's 0.2 - 0.5 on most of the area. 0.2 where skin is very thin like under eyes or nose and even up to 1.5mm on cheeks.
Thank you so much, man.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is this a hype again? This whole dermarolling thing is sooo old and never gave any one results apart from this study. On stopaga several people tried it for month.

Honestly I was also wondering - if this treatment was "discovered" years ago, why the sudden new hype?
Probably because of @789456123 's success story.
I think @FCKW36 has a point that it's not a new treatment and people already tried it in the last several years.
When I discovered this thread, I looked up some posts about it and found some users who didn't get any results.
I did roll my scalp once already and don't mean to discourage anyone from doing so,
But apart from like 2 studies (at least one from 2013) and a few users who shared their experience and alleged success,
It's not so obvious\clear that this method works that well, if at all.

For example, I found @Rocknroutlaw who was needling for since start of 2018 and didn't get results in terms of hair growth. He was using 1.5mm Derminator.
(Hopefully he reads this and willing to share his story in a few sentences).
Btw, I think he still believes in needling for some reason, even though it didn't work for him.
From what I've read, others in the same thread he participated didn't get such good results either.

Again, I don't mean to discourage anyone from continuing their regimen as there are still some alleged evidence for success. I plain to roll again in 2-3 weeks. But if it was truly such a miraculous treatment I think it would have been more popular by now.

Last edited:

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I was also wondering - if this treatment was "discovered" years ago, why the sudden new hype?
I think @FCKW36 has a point that it's not a new treatment and people already tried it in the last several years.
When I discovered this thread, I looked up some posts about it and found some users who didn't get any results.
I did roll my scalp once already and don't mean to discourage anyone from doing so,
But apart from like 2 studies (at least one from 2013) and a few users who shared their experience and alleged success,

For example, I found @Rocknroutlaw who was needling for 1.5 years and didn't get results in terms of hair growth.
Btw, I think he still believes in needling for some reason, even though it didn't work for him.
From what I've read, others in the same thread he participated didn't get such good results either.

Again, I don't mean to discourage anyone from continuing their regimen as there are still some alleged evidence for success. I plain to roll again in 2-3 weeks. But if it was truly such a miraculous treatment I think it would have been more popular by now.
Wish I taken needling more serious few years back but stopped because of the pain rolling caused,going to keep this up for the long term see what happens

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s like people just want and argument for the sake of it haha

Its like you want some sort of authority in the group and everyone needs to listen to your wisdom.. who cares?

The reason Im here is to get my hair back... this is the only thing I have done thats working, my once limp dry hair is coming back to life... I couldnt give a sh*t about anything your saying, I can see it with my own eyes? I don’t care how it’s hapoening but it is, i’m not gunna let some guy on here tell me its not when i can see it?? Your just so badly after authority on this thread about why you should be listened to... please understand, I couldnt give a sh*t, I’ll post what I want, when I want and I’m not letting you tell me if my existing hair is improving or not thanks haha

Now lets just ignore each other

A lot of people here knows the basics of hair cycles, and not because of that they are an "authority“, or possess a lot of " "wisdom". What I have just explained to you about hair growth basics have been done again and again by other members to other users, and most of them just accept this new facts and move one with their regimes... But you, you always have to respond with your own childish behavior. I've always tried, in all of my responses, to be polite and to emphatize I'm not telling you the treatment is not working, but you just don't give a sh*t and throw a baseless tantrum.
Yes, you can post and claim whatever you want as you just said, but if what you claim is logically flawed, you can be damn sure other users (including me) will be there to prevent misinformation to be spread. No matter how many times you tell me "I'm not letting you tell me blah blah blah".... well, bro, you just can't stop me, that's how forums are. Unless someone's breaking forum rules, there's nothing you can do.

Sorry if I sound harsh in my response, but I'm tired of the way you always react and I can't always remain 100% polite, though I try. Please, please, calm the f*** down and don't be so emotional.

See you around, hopefully next time we will be agreeing on something, or commenting on the good results and hairier scalps of either of us.

Cheers

Last edited:

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

For example, I found @Rocknroutlaw who was needling for 1.5 years and didn't get results in terms of hair growth.

Thanks for sharing this. The fact that there can be non-responders is something very important we have to consider,and the user you mentioned is hinting that. Hopefully he can tell us his story so we can know exactly what he did.
Honestly I wasn't aware of users who didn't respond to long term needling. This is sad, but it is a reality and a possibility that we all must be prepared for. As I said once in another thread, there will always be non-responders to every single treatment, even if they are a small percentage, so I think it's reasonable to think that they also exist for microneedling. Given the relatively small quantity of available evidence, though, we should expect that non responders are a small minority, because in the published studies almost all (if not the totality of them) of the subjects got better.

And of course, don't get discouraged. I still think that we should do this for a year at least to assess whether we are responding or not, so the only way to know is to adhere and wait VERY patiently.
I hope, if this doesn't give me regrowth even in the long term, that at least it could provide decent maintenance.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just corrected the post a bit.
He was needling for since start of 2018 and didn't get results in terms of hair growth. He was using 1.5mm Derminator.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is to be expected. Not even finasteride and min works for everyone so why should this, but hopefully most will benefit from this. If not regrowth, at least stronger hair and maintenance.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
He was needling for since start of 2018 and didn't get results in terms of hair growth. He was using 1.5mm Derminator.

Was he using minoxidil along with it? i just stamped again, my hand was a bit shaky and it was getting caught in my skin more, harder to just glide over your scalp with a shaky hand so there was more blood than last time. Still not that uncomfortable though.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And, of course, we can't forget that it might help in combination with other treatments. Just look at @74775446; didn't have results with Minoxidil until he started needling.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, then it's been less than a year of rolling, hmm.
I did a shallow revision of Rocknrotlaw's posts to get a bit more informed of his progress, and it's actually not that bad as I imagined. Last time he reported something on his needling regime, it was on August, so he was probably on his 7th or 8th month of wounding. He did mention that he got a lot of new vellus hairs covering his scalp, it's just that they never went terminal so they were not yet cosmetically significant. That, however, is a result and is a sign of response. Now, combine this with the stories of a couple of other users (can't remember their names, one of them is Furrydome or something like that), in which at the same time frame as ROCKNROUTLAW also reported vellus hair, and that they kept doing it for longer and the vellus hair slowly and gradually became terminal after a year. So perhaps that guy's hair growth wasn't stalled at all, he just needed.more time and wasn't comfortable with his results at that particular moment. Checking his most recent posts, apparently he's getting a transplant, so sadly we will lost track of his progression with microneedling, which is a shame because that was another one of the few long term wounders that could be insightful. Best of luck to him with his surgery.

On the other hand, I could be being overly optimistic and wishfully thinking, and he's just a non-responder. Yeah, still possible. I'm just trying to take all the anecdotal accounts and stories I'm aware of and connect them in a logical way, and combining this with the formally published studies, the scenario I described above is, to me, the most likely one.

Let's keep strong and wound, people.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Longway886, I also forgot to add to my explanation something that @byebyehair also mentioned. A hair is not composed of cells, they are not living matter, so that is why an already grown hair cannot get thicker by any means. It can only get longer, but it's because the follicle below is making new "dead matter" (mostly keratin) that is continuously added to the base of the already existing hair. So, there is no biologically possible mechanism in which a grown hair increases its thickness. Thickness is something that is predetermined since it's production.

So for that hair to be fatter it must be dropped for its future generation to come out with a bigger fattening?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So for that hair to be fatter it must be dropped for its future generation to come out with a bigger fattening?
Yes, precisely. All hair loss treatments don't actually make the hair stronger, they rather make the follicle stronger, so they can produce thicker hairs.

Imagine it like a factory. If you tell a company to improve the quality of their products, they won't improve the stuff that they already sold, or that they already produced. They will just improve the machinery in their factory so that the NEXT BATCH of products are better.

blighte

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the results I've gotten with microneedling with dermapen and head massage with a massage tool.
https://imgur.com/a/zjA49r9
Since the 'after' pic I've also started using minoxidil twice a day to hopefully improve it further (I had used it previously earlier in the year for a very brief period, I stopped after reading wesconsi/khalilyousifs experimentation with seti and was planning on doing that, but never followed through)