Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The dr.pen ultima a6 pens are really crap quality, first one i bought wasn't working now the second ones power button/speed button has stopped working. I have only used the thing twice sigh, im not spending another £60 on one. If i screw the battery in it starts but i can't turn it off or adjust the speed with the button, guess i will have to make do with the lowest speed setting.
Ouch!

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the results I've gotten with microneedling with dermapen and head massage with a massage tool.
https://imgur.com/a/zjA49r9
Since the 'after' pic I've also started using minoxidil twice a day to hopefully improve it further (I had used it previously earlier in the year for a very brief period, I stopped after reading wesconsi/khalilyousifs experimentation with seti and was planning on doing that, but never followed through)

Wow man, you went from devastated crown to initial crown balding stage in ~1 month, and personally I consider that a cosmetic difference. Pretty sure most of the people can’t achieve this in such short period but very very happy for you and very grateful for sharing your pics.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the results I've gotten with microneedling with dermapen and head massage with a massage tool.
https://imgur.com/a/zjA49r9
Since the 'after' pic I've also started using minoxidil twice a day to hopefully improve it further (I had used it previously earlier in the year for a very brief period, I stopped after reading wesconsi/khalilyousifs experimentation with seti and was planning on doing that, but never followed through)
This is very encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

A side note for everyone:
This result was achived in 3 month! like @blighte stated.
Yes the pictures are one month apart but the invisible process of improving scalp condition maybe generating some new blood vessles etc took place two month before the first picture. (@blighte Is my assumption right that you haven t got any improvement in the first two month.)

This is still unbelivable fast and i would also considere it a cosmetic change but it also prooves what @Bill_Russo @FrenchMoustache and @74775446 are repetadly saying: The key with this treatment is consistency even if no results are showing at first!

May I ask why you start minoxidil if you get such results in such short period of time without minoxidil?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just took a shower and noticed something. I am mostly shedding these really small dark hair. Been like this for the past few days. Miniaturized hair coming back stronger perhaps??

blighte

My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced loads of shedding when using the massage tool early on, but now I only see dead skin/oil buildup on the massage tool. My scalp flaked like crazy a day or so after needling as well. Regarding the ultima a6 pen, I agree its pretty much cheap Chinese crap, but its what I've got.
Starting minoxidil because I bought 8 months worth of it back in May, and from the research I have read, the combination of miconeedling and minoxidil is better than either on its own.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced loads of shedding when using the massage tool early on, but now I only see dead skin/oil buildup on the massage tool. My scalp flaked like crazy a day or so after needling as well. Regarding the ultima a6 pen, I agree its pretty much cheap Chinese crap, but its what I've got.
Starting minoxidil because I bought 8 months worth of it back in May, and from the research I have read, the combination of miconeedling and minoxidil is better than either on its own.

Are you still flaking? After my 3rd dermapen session I didn't get much flaking at all.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone take Vitamin E tocotrienols ? It seems that it can help a lot.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/vitamin-e-tocotrienols-and-hair-los.118420/

Also, I don't know what I should take with this. A lot of people are speaking about different kinds of suplementation. I don't want to take 10 pills a day because I know that I will be fed up taking them on the long run. What are the most important to take so I can have a straight and simple routine ?
I tried p5p B6 vitamin orally. Had hair fall out mildly all over my body. After that I didn't bother with vitamins. You need real potent chemicals.

mry

My Regimen
Reaction score
@blighte Do you use the soft or hard brush head for the massage device? I find the hard brush head to be quite harsh and knocks out more hairs. Also, how long do you use the device for?

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone take Vitamin E tocotrienols ? It seems that it can help a lot.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/vitamin-e-tocotrienols-and-hair-los.118420/

Also, I don't know what I should take with this. A lot of people are speaking about different kinds of suplementation. I don't want to take 10 pills a day because I know that I will be fed up taking them on the long run. What are the most important to take so I can have a straight and simple routine ?

I've mentioned it before, most people don't need to take many supplements. Check with calculator like Cronomoter for a couple of days and see what is missing from your diet. Most important are Zinc, Copper and Biotin. And of course enough protein intake.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
what's the alternative to the a6 ultima? they are bad quality, mine is already broken and i hate using the lowest speed which is all it will do now.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
12 pins mate. In one of the two studies they are doing it with 12 needles and the scientists state that it is harmless (it's an important statement as you don't want to create more fibrosis on your scalp and impede the success of a future FUE). Why would you try 36 pins when 12 pins works fine and is safe for your scalp ?

Woops i was using the 36pin cartridge the last couple of time i used it, i will switch to 12.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what's the alternative to the a6 ultima? they are bad quality, mine is already broken and i hate using the lowest speed which is all it will do now.
I'd like to know this as well. What'd be the second best option if we can't afford a Derminator? Any recommendations?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the A6 ultima and it really looks quality. I didn't test it though. Will do it tonight. If you have the money and if it's avalaible in your country, you could try to buy a derminator.

Be careful with the power button, mine stopped working after only two uses. Now all i can do is turn it on by inserting the battery, can't change speeds or turn it off again with the button so im stuck with the lowest speed which is harder to use imo. Maybe i just got really unlucky.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be careful with the power button, mine stopped working after only two uses. Now all i can do is turn it on by inserting the battery, can't change speeds or turn it off again with the button so im stuck with the lowest speed which is harder to use imo. Maybe i just got really unlucky.
See, this is why I'd rather invest on a Derminator. Now you spent 120 and will probably spend more on another pen when you could've just spent 200 on the Derminator and get the best out there.
No chance to return it?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Yeah the button looks crap. I'm looking at it right now and all I can say is that it's the only part that doesn't look good.

Did you buy it on Amazon ? Maybe put a 1 star comment and add a video of your failed device. They will hopefully send another one.

No, i bought it on ebay, i will just make do with inserting the battery and operating it at the lowest speed for now. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Icecream

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been doing this for over 2 months now.

2mm once a week using a dermapen, minoxidil (lipogaine) twice a day.

My hair has never been worst. I'm shedding a ton (have always been in the past 6 months tbh) and I can't see any improvement.

I have been using minoxidil since May, never done anything positive.

I'm starting to lose hope