Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think inflammation and itching is part of the process of balding for a lot of people

I am with you

https://patents.google.com/patent/US4836192A/en
interesting read. Maybe i can use my vacuum cleaner for that :)
In the patent
a device which allow an increase in the blood circulation and the lymph in the scalp and the nourishment of the hair bulbs.

A bit off-topic question but I think I remember my scalp got less “shiny” when I wounded in the past (dermaroller) but I’m not totally sure as this was rather secondary. Would someone say here that scalp looks less shiny i.e. healthier somehow after wounds heal?
Massage and microneedling can mobilize sebum

This is definitely the case. Several people have reported less greasy skin after needling.
Probably you are right

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First session today with Derminator (1.5mm, fast mode). Front hurted a whole lot but definitely less than dermaroller, and crown was very tolerable as other poster said. As a reminder I’m not using Minoxidil but I’m shaven and have dark-ish hair with clear bald areas so should be easy to see progress. Also I decided to only use needle cartridges once because they’re rather cheap and it’s a pain in the *** to desinfect every time, let it dry etc

stillwaters

Reaction score
First session today with Derminator (1.5mm, fast mode). Front hurted a whole lot but definitely less than dermaroller, and crown was very tolerable as other poster said. As a reminder I’m not using Minoxidil but I’m shaven and have dark-ish hair with clear bald areas so should be easy to see progress. Also I decided to only use needle cartridges once because they’re rather cheap and it’s a pain in the *** to desinfect every time, let it dry etc

Same here, I have darkish red hair but using a dermaroller for now, which hurts quite a bit. Is anyone using any topical or oral painkillers for this? I've read red-haired people are especially susceptible to this type of pain and it's nearly unbearable. I may try something with lidocaine next.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve done two sessions with derminator so far. It’s too early for hair growth , but my hair just looks ...better.

It seems to make my existing hair look healthy. The strands look thicker and shinier. Perhaps the existing hair are benefiting from the blood flow and other healing processes.

Sometimes I look in the mirror after a piss or whatever - and not thinking about my hair or dermintor - and I’m struck by thinking something looks different/better. A good hair day. Then I remember my dermanator work and attribute it to that.

I have some diffuse thinning up top and pre-needling in certain lighting, I can see my scalp. But now, I can’t see my scalp. I don’t think I grew new hair yet, I think the existing hair strands are thicker.

This

I was exactly the same, within a couple of weeks my existing hair seemed much more healthier and even darker, I have quite a few greys at an early age and while I still have a lot of greys I’d needling is definitely helping making my hair look darker

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been microneedling for the last 3 weeks with 4 sessions in total. I am microneedling with Dr Pen 1.5mm once a week, applying minoxidil a couple of times a week at most. Thinking about stopping minoxidil completely, since it has been doing nothing for me for the last couple of years. I started balding about 5 years ago (actually my temple areas became bald even earlier) and at the early stages minoxidil helped a lot, but since about 3 years ago it stopped working.

Today I decided to shine a flashlight through my hair to see the details better and this is what my hair looks like now:

dec_01_2018.jpg

There are lots of small blondish hairs, but I do not know if this is a result of microneedling or they have always been there. Do you guys have those?

My starting point looks like this:

nov_10_2018.jpg

Where would you say I am on the Norwood Scale?

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just doing 2 mm derma pen weekly no topicals my theory is my hair lacks blood flow not minoxidil or zinc thymulin spray ,though the minoxidil may have anti fungal benefits with its high alcohol content.3 weeks in hair is darker nothing else I think we need at least 3 months to see progress .

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let’s please all have something present. Most of us if not all have been balding for a bunch of years. We shouldn’t be counting wounding in weeks but in months. Weeks do nothing, months do. It took a while to get to the current status (argueably went very fast for some people like me but you get the point). It won’t get fixed overnight. Not in 1, 2 or even 8 weeks. Wait several months. There’s science and already people who has proven it works to some degree. This just requires two things from your side: wounding and consistency. If you fail the latter you are FUCKED and sorry for my words but never forget that without consistency you’re gaining absolutely nothing and you’ll get depressed for setting high expectations in short time.

This is a reminder for everyone. This takes time. Just do it, rewards will come later. Take pictures once per month, not every week. It’ll really help if changes happen or is it just ourselves trying to see something.

Good luck everyone.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Im gonna try this. A roller works just fine, but it hurts more compared to a pen, is that right? Also, what length would you guys recommend to a novice user? Thanks in advance! Oh btw my scalp is sensitive right now, prob due to propylene glycol in minoxidil (itchy and flaky), is it still ok to start rolling, or should I wait till I get a pg free minoxidil?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im gonna try this. A roller works just fine, but it hurts more compared to a pen, is that right? Also, what length would you guys recommend to a novice user? Thanks in advance! Oh btw my scalp is sensitive right now, prob due to propylene glycol in minoxidil (itchy and flaky), is it still ok to start rolling, or should I wait till I get a pg free minoxidil?

Nah it's just much better with a pen. Quicker, more consistent, less chance of microtearing. Plus those dermarollers need to be changed from time to time. Better if you just buy a pen. Cartridges are quite cheap.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah it's just much better with a pen. Quicker, more consistent, less chance of microtearing. Plus those dermarollers need to be changed from time to time. Better if you just buy a pen. Cartridges are quite cheap.

Cartridges?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
They're kinda expensive and I'm a broke student, who just ordered a bunch of other anti-hairloss products so I'm gonna start with the roller for now I think, maybe a pen for Christmas? lol

1,5mm is good right?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some cheap pens available, but I understand if you can't afford it. Yeah 1.5mm and 2 mm is what they used in the studies. But most are going with 1.5 mm once a week.

Also get a roller with 192 needles

realself

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can afford it, a more disciplined, regular, safer approach might be available through a local micro-needling clinic. Even throw some PRP in there. They are everywhere - primarily for women skin issues.
good maintenance overall and I dont use any anti androgen. l also dropped minoxidil months ago and did not see any shedding. tbf I have a diffuse pattern It s not as aggressive as receiding can be , I don't know if my hairloss would have stagnated or not without treatment. that said I added dermastamp like 2 months ago and I think it’s a better alternative. I see some terminal. You can really press hard all the way through and it’s quite painless unlike dermaroller you cry using it. I think dermastamp leaves really “better” wounds than dermaroller. So I don’t know why guys using device such as derminator shouldnt see positive results. I wish I could buy one but I will have to save money first.^^

when I started dermarolling I had all kinds of skin issues, excess sebum, burning scalp,etc... I had dandruffs in the glass where I was rinsing dermaroller. after few months I realised the water was almost "clean" when I was rinsing. Can't be sure it's directly linked but I mean dermaroller did not make my situation worse...

Any particular dermastamp you would recommend? I see one on Amazon "Koi Beauty" https://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Facial-Devices-Derma-Rejuvenation/dp/B074M2KZPZ but this one is .25, I'm assuming you need something deeper like 1.5?

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve done two sessions with derminator so far. It’s too early for hair growth , but my hair just looks ...better.

It seems to make my existing hair look healthy. The strands look thicker and shinier. Perhaps the existing hair are benefiting from the blood flow and other healing processes.

Sometimes I look in the mirror after a piss or whatever - and not thinking about my hair or dermintor - and I’m struck by thinking something looks different/better. A good hair day. Then I remember my dermanator work and attribute it to that.

I have some diffuse thinning up top and pre-needling in certain lighting, I can see my scalp. But now, I can’t see my scalp. I don’t think I grew new hair yet, I think the existing hair strands are thicker.
Posts like this really annoy me. You may be hyped and see everything through rosa glasses now. But you are setting expections for others way to high with your claim of improvement after just 2 needle sessions.

2 sessions equals 2 weeks?
That means your hair grow like half a centimeter. Only this new grown half centimeter could benefit from the microneedling since the allready grown hair is dead matter which cant be improved by your body. That makes it impossible for you to get what you claimed.

So please lets all be patient and stop reporting miracles after two weeks.

"But now, I can’t see my scalp" come on after 2 sessions...

Don t get me wrong i will try nededling myself and will report my results. But lets try to keep some objectivity and not be to subjectiv which could dissapoint others who do not see great results after 2 f*****g weeks!

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You must have problems with reading comprehension because I said twice in the post you quoted that I do not have new hair growth.

I said my existing hair looks better. I’m having good hair days. It could be due to my shampoo or the weather or heck, because I’m doing something drastically new to my scalp.
I did understand what you wrote.
That is why I explained allready grown hair can not be affected by dermarolling!

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did understand what you wrote.
That is why I explained allready grown hair can not be affected by dermarolling!

My already grown hair has definitely got stronger and thicker since micro needling..

How about we let people just share what they want, people are explaining how long between the photos etc, what is the issue, we are just discussing what’s happening with the treatment, not like we are posting saying omg this isn’t working, it’s not all just about regrowth, it’s about our scalps getting healthier, itch, strenght of hair, maintaining, we are reporting what needling is doing for us, if it’s putting people off trying it because we have posted pics 2 weeks apart and they think it doesn’t work based on that when all expalined in the post that’s their problem

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally don't have anything against it. It's good to see people noticing positive changes, albeit small ones.
However, I do think the best way to keep the motivation high is by taking pictures every few months. You'll likely see better progress and will be more encouraged to keep going. This is a slow process, I don't think it's healthy when people look for it every month.
But by all means; if you have anything worth reporting or something, do so.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally don't have anything against it. It's good to see people noticing positive changes, albeit small ones.
However, I do think the best way to keep the motivation high is by taking pictures every few months. You'll likely see better progress and will be more encouraged to keep going. This is a slow process, I don't think it's healthy when people look for it every month.
But by all means; if you have anything worth reporting or something, do so.

I think we should be grateful people are sharing their experience in the first place, lets people reading the thread keep up to date with how this is effecting us, people don’t have to share anything.. probably the reason why this is only being tried on a bigger scale now, let’s not put people off by telling them not to post pictures, if we all just make sure we are dating the pictures there is no problem..

Test subject X

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any particular dermastamp you would recommend? I see one on Amazon "Koi Beauty" https://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Facial-Devices-Derma-Rejuvenation/dp/B074M2KZPZ but this one is .25, I'm assuming you need something deeper like 1.5?
I purchased two of these. One at .25 and another at 1.5mm. Shipping took 2 weeks because they came from China.
Although better than rollers ..... i dont like them. I left the 1.5 mm open to air dry after use and some how managed to bend some of the pins. I suggest buying a derma pen for consistency.