Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My already grown hair has definitely got stronger and thicker since micro needling.

I'm sorry, but what you just claimed is simply scientifically impossible, I'll explain why. For a hair to get "stronger" or "thicker", it has to be produced like that since the root by the follicle. An already grown or existing hair CANNOT increase its thickness. It has to be shed first, and then replaced by a newly thicker and stronger hair by the follicle. That's why it's highly unlikely to see positive results two weeks apart, no matter how a good responder you are. The only way we can observe progress in such a short time, is by spotting newly growing vellus hairs, but not by feeling already grown hair getting thicker. That may only be imagination, and as @byebyehair said, it's not an objective assertion, but rather a subjective and optimist claim. Optimism is good, and it's good to keep motivation up, but only if we keep a reasonable amount of objectivity and stay on ground.
Does this mean it isn't working? No. It probably is, but it's too early to see results. I believe, however, that needling may improve scalp health overall, so your feeling about a fresher scalp might be objectively true.
Anyway, this by no means should take away motivation. Just keep doing it, it will probably work and you'll get results, just expect it to be really slow, as some long term users have told us.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why is this a hype again? This whole dermarolling thing is sooo old and never gave any one results apart from this study. On stopaga several people tried it for month.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is this a hype again? This whole dermarolling thing is sooo old and never gave any one results apart from this study. On stopaga several people tried it for month.
For a month? No wonder why nobody got results. If someone does it for a year without any small improvement, then I'll believe it. Below the year mark, I think nobody should be able to make STRONG inferences about the bad performance of microneedling

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, for something that "never gave anyone results", we have several people here claiming regrowth and maintenance from it; the person posted in the beginning of this very thread being one of them.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but what you just claimed is simply scientifically impossible, I'll explain why. For a hair to get "stronger" or "thicker", it has to be produced like that since the root by the follicle. An already grown or existing hair CANNOT increase its thickness. It has to be shed first, and then replaced by a newly thicker and stronger hair by the follicle. That's why it's highly unlikely to see positive results two weeks apart, no matter how a good responder you are. The only way we can observe progress in such a short time, is by spotting newly growing vellus hairs, but not by feeling already grown hair getting thicker. That may only be imagination, and as @byebyehair said, it's not an objective assertion, but rather a subjective and optimist claim. Optimism is good, and it's good to keep motivation up, but only if we keep a reasonable amount of objectivity and stay on ground.
Does this mean it isn't working? No. It probably is, but it's too early to see results. I believe, however, that needling may improve scalp health overall, so your feeling about a fresher scalp might be objectively true.
Anyway, this by no means should take away motivation. Just keep doing it, it will probably work and you'll get results, just expect it to be really slow, as some long term users have told us.
@Longway886, I also forgot to add to my explanation something that @byebyehair also mentioned. A hair is not composed of cells, they are not living matter, so that is why an already grown hair cannot get thicker by any means. It can only get longer, but it's because the follicle below is making new "dead matter" (mostly keratin) that is continuously added to the base of the already existing hair. So, there is no biologically possible mechanism in which a grown hair increases its thickness. Thickness is something that is predetermined since it's production.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For a month? No wonder why nobody got results. If someone does it for a year without any small improvement, then I'll believe it. Below the year mark, I think nobody should be able to make STRONG inferences about the bad performance of microneedling

"moths"

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I agree with most you say,however science tells us that hair is dead matter once it grows above the skin I somewhat disagree with this ..so anything that increases life to the hair root the hair strand will also show signs of vitality too..yes shedding and stronger thicker hair regrowth is the best sign

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I agree with most you say,however science tells us that hair is dead matter once it grows above the skin I somewhat disagree with this ..so anything that increases life to the hair root the hair strand will also show signs of vitality too..yes shedding and stronger thicker hair regrowth is the best sign
Yes, but that stronger hair strand will be a new one, and won't be added to the thinner, already grown hair, which is what other dudes were claiming.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Months.. How many? By only saying "months", it could be anything between 2 and 10.000.000. If you are going to make a huge claim about needling not working, specifying numbers is important.
For how many months did the people of stopaga adhere to microneedling?
Also, could you please provide a link so I can see that thread by myself?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g hell. Just did my face and realized the depth was set to 2.25 mm at full speed. Was going to go with 1 mm. Thought it hurt quite much, lol. Then I realized. Face is red as f***. Hell, probably won't be able to go out for 2 days.
Damn, haha. Gotta be careful with that.
You plan on doing your nose or under the eyes? I wanna do those 2 but not sure how I should approach them.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, if you set it over 2 mm like I did by accident it hurts a lot. The face is not like the scalp. It hurts more. When I switched to 1 mm it was totally fine and not painful at all.

It was my first time with the pen at a deep depth, so I am hoping for some nice results. Before this, I used a 0.5mm roller a few times.

Hope I won't get tons of flaking.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progress update :
I’m near the end of week 5
First pic is from 2 weeks ago
Second pic is now

Looks and feels to me my hair is gradually getting thicker, still, with having long hair it is really hard to keep progress and get my hair exactly the same as previous picture, I’m still contident there is regrowth, crown seems to be slacking but I’ve started concentrating on needling most in the crown now see if something happens, I also noticed as I left it 10 days to needle now that my itch starts to come back the lomger I leave it before I start to needle again
I’ve dropped sandalor now and only needle + minoxidil, so my regime is:

Needle 2mm every 7 days 2mm with pen
minoxidil twice a day ( apart from needling days)

Going to add trivon when it is released

To me it definitely looks better, congrats.

How is your shedding? If you run your fingers through your hair, how much comes out in your hands?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, for something that "never gave anyone results", we have several people here claiming regrowth and maintenance from it; the person posted in the beginning of this very thread being one of them.
This.

Sigh. There are some real muppets out there eh. And even with photos - which never happens!

f*** that guy. f*** him in his hairy bung hole. We should transplant his rim hairs to his stoopid face.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Months.. How many? By only saying "months", it could be anything between 2 and 10.000.000. If you are going to make a huge claim about needling not working, specifying numbers is important.
For how many months did the people of stopaga adhere to microneedling?
Also, could you please provide a link so I can see that thread by myself?

My hair is stronger and thicker?? I can see it.. you can go on with yourself all you want about stuff you google, I’m actually doing it and can see it?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is stronger and thicker?? I can see it.. you can go on with yourself all you want about stuff you google, I’m actually doing it and can see it?

I'm a biologist and also since I'm losing hair I'm pretty familiar with the biological background regarding hair cycles and androgenetic alopecia, so I didn't Google a thing this time for addressing your issue. Also, what you quoted has nothing to do with what you are saying, u might want to check that out .
And no, you cannot "see" or "feel" objectively that your hair is thicker and stronger after just one month of needing. That is why people measure hairs with appropriate tools to address changes in hair diameter in scientific studies. You don't address that by kinda feeling and seeing. Sorry, but it's almost biologically impossible. Do not worry though, I do think and hope your hair will eventually get better, but your already grown and existing hair must be shed first. It's how it works, we don't invent how hair cycles work, like it or not.

What you might feel as a better overall hair is that NEWLY growing vellus hairs are adding mass to your scalp, but again, this doesn't mean your already grown long hairs are getting thicker. You just might have increased the number of active folicles
And please, you might want to re-read everyone of your posts here. Every single time someone tries to correct you politely, you respond with this kind of childish emotional arguments. Do not get too fanatical about this man. It's a dangerous path, stay away from it.
Cheers and best of luck with your ongoing treatment.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g hell. Just did my face and realized the depth was set to 2.25 mm at full speed. Was going to go with 1 mm. Thought it hurt quite much, lol. Then I realized. Face is red as f***. Hell, probably won't be able to go out for 2 days.
Yes, I done the same and had to call in sick to work the next day due to having red horizontal lines across my forehead!!

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you all have short hair, or are trying to keep it as short as possible?