Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stupid question; is regrow or thickening obtained by dermarolling dependent on continued dermarolling? It’s a continual process I guess is it?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stupid question; is regrow or thickening obtained by dermarolling dependent on continued dermarolling? It’s a continual process I guess is it?
For the moment, we can only assume that (if it works) we will have to do it every single week to keep our hair.
This is mostly correct, but I must add that doing it weekly is necessary only if you do it at 1.5 mm.
A Chinese study done in 2017 used 2 mm needles every 2 weeks with something similar to a dermapen. I myself will be copying this study.
Here it is if anyone wants to take a look: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29028377

It's also worth mentioning that the results you get from needling can stay for 18 months after you stop needling. Someone posted it a few pages back.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I put max screen light and zoomed in and could see there're vellus hair coming. But yeah, the higher the quality of the pics, the better for everyone.
By the way; I'd advise against getting too obsessed with pictures. It's good to take 'em, of course, but every month might be a bit much. Do it at least every 3 months, gotta take it easy here.
Exactly! Just what I thought. It' d be better for ourselves to evaluate pics in longer time intervals. Keep strong, patient, and obsession free. Results will come

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ironic indeed, but not unreasonable. You won't do yourself any favors by looking for improvement every month.

Precisely. I'd even bet a lot of guys are actually looking at their scalp every single day.... That's not psychologically healthy, and also won't boost motivation. I'm trying my best not to look at my scalp until February, and even then Im trying to avoid expecting results that soon.
It's hard, but doable.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow guys, just look at the photos... guy is rolling with that ! Some people are desperate, sadly !

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Derma-roller-treatment-for-hair-growth
Damn...
It's not the craziest, however. Someone mentioned a dude pressing a bottle cap against his head. Best part is; he saw significant regrowth.
Precisely. I'd even bet a lot of guys are actually looking at their scalp every single day.... That's not psychologically healthy, and also won't boost motivation. I'm trying my best not to look at my scalp until February, and even then Im trying to avoid expecting results that soon.
It's hard, but doable.
That's right. You have to think, most of us are trying to undo YEARS worth of damage. If you are a top responder you'll notice without obsessing over it. Otherwise, wait a few months to look for improvement.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progress update :
I’m near the end of week 5
First pic is from 2 weeks ago
Second pic is now

Looks and feels to me my hair is gradually getting thicker, still, with having long hair it is really hard to keep progress and get my hair exactly the same as previous picture, I’m still contident there is regrowth, crown seems to be slacking but I’ve started concentrating on needling most in the crown now see if something happens, I also noticed as I left it 10 days to needle now that my itch starts to come back the lomger I leave it before I start to needle again
I’ve dropped sandalor now and only needle + minoxidil, so my regime is:

Needle 2mm every 7 days 2mm with pen
minoxidil twice a day ( apart from needling days)

Going to add trivon when it is released

Attachments

• 89264CFA-4B17-40FB-8AD5-52AC0237A08B.png
    89264CFA-4B17-40FB-8AD5-52AC0237A08B.png
    468.8 KB · Views: 631
  • 767601D9-B811-49D7-8257-4ED9AF15C77F.jpeg
    767601D9-B811-49D7-8257-4ED9AF15C77F.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 587
  • 24BDD316-716A-4E02-BFDB-CB01502E4F9B.jpeg
    24BDD316-716A-4E02-BFDB-CB01502E4F9B.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

keephoping

Reaction score
Does anyone do betadine and saline to clean the scalp prior to needling? Just noticed that it was on one of the procedures in the study. I didn't do anything to prep my scalp lol but I did use sterile needles.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone do betadine and saline to clean the scalp prior to needling? Just noticed that it was on one of the procedures in the study. I didn't do anything to prep my scalp lol but I did use sterile needles.

I don't use any of that stuff. Just nizoral and keratin shampoo. I think whatever you use will do, but sure those are probably better to use if you can.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
“The obtained results were sustained post procedure during 18 months follow-up period” R Dhurat Study

Am I reading this correctly? After 18 months the results were sustained? Has anyone stopped dermarolling without losing ground?

Also, with regards to minoxidil, anyone considered taking it orally at low dose. I recently saw a well known dermatologist who believes that the results of minoxidil exists only because they go systemically when administered topically on the scalp. Basically he almost exclusively prescribes oral minoxidil at 1/40 of normal dosage. I am mentioning this on this thread because it might help to avoid topical application whilst needling

A lot of people lack sufficient quantities of the minoxidil enzyme sulfotransferase; which is why topical doesn’t help some people.

Did he put you on oral minoxidil? Seems to be getting used quite a bit more recently.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure many are even trying.
That's disappointing!
Hopefully someone with stabilized hairloss could try dermastamping every 1-2 weeks and give us updates at the 3 and 6 month mark, without the use of minoxidil. Or perhaps an actual study! (Though I believe this may have been done with decent results in India already)

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's disappointing!
Hopefully someone with stabilized hairloss could try dermastamping every 1-2 weeks and give us updates at the 3 and 6 month mark, without the use of minoxidil. Or perhaps an actual study! (Though I believe this may have been done with decent results in India already)
It's been shown that needling works without minoxidil as well. There's the Chinese study published last year in which needling alone was marginally better than minoxidil alone. Of course, needling + minoxidil outperformed either of then alone by far.