Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
If minoxidil is applied right after dermarolling, then it isn't impressive at all.

I did minoxidil and dermarolling for more than 6 months and had 0 gains. I never used minoxidil faster than 24 hours before demarolling.

If you use it soon after injury minoxidil will go systemic. Will it promote more hair growth? Yes, probably, but so will drinking or injecting it. That is to be expected, that is how they found it.

But the problem is - side effects, mainly like blood pressure changes, water retention and possible heart attack.

The results needling + minoxidil in my opinion cant be explained by the minoxidil going systemic; it has a half life of say 12 hours so giving you at best one full day of effective systemic exposure. Then applying right after needling would give someone needling at a once per 2 week frequency (per the studies) too little exposure for very good results. My guess is that some synergy is in fact occuring.

That being said, I have needled without minoxidl for about 4 months without obvious result or deteriation (even with all my pictures I find it hard to judge if anything has changed), I dont know if I have maintained I think one would need a trichogram for that. I now added nanoxidil for one month + needling (supposed to resemble molecular structure of minoxidil but I have my doubts still).

sinusoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Photos showing new growth on my right temple after 1 month dermastamping at 0.25 and applying minoxidil daily. I'm also doing a weekly 1.5mm session and using minoxidil that day, but waiting until the evening.

I've already been on minoxidil for 2+ years and my regrowth had peaked around 1 year in. I've never been on anti-androgens. All the small hairs in the bald areas were not there 1-2 months ago and the perimeter of the hairline area that still has hair but was thinning has now thickened to the point where people have noticed.

No noticeable side effects.

rtc.png rtp.png

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are only using dutasteride and derma stamping?

Also, are you saying that you are one of those people who got the dreaded dutasteride shed, but afterwards regrowth started. You should confirm this for people taking dutasteride because I read reports of very few who weathered the shed. It will help a lot of people on this entire forum. Maybe make a "Tell your story" thread too.

What was you mental game like during the shed?
Did you just said f*** it and let the shed happened, or did someone else's experience gave you hope during the shed?

EDIT : For example, I was inspired by Nickypoos's story

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...full-temple-regrowth-dutasteride.48633/page-8

He came back years after to tell everybody that he was fine and still had his hair. After that I thought it was time for me to try dutasteride once and for all.
Yes dutasteride and needling only.
Am i saying? You can see it in the pictures yourself. I shedded hair all over my head. Everywhere, the back, sides and even my crown where i have no hairloss whatsoever. All these areas including my thinning scalp have visible improvement.
Im pretty strong mentally so it didnt bother me much. I actually enjoyed watching my hair fall out everyday because i told myself the more hair i shed, the better. Yes, basically it was "f*** it, ill just go with it".
I dont know if im ready for a "tell your story" post. I mean my hair still looks awful

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get even better result in the future please create a post and bluntly state that you weathered a bad dutasteride shed and then got regrowth. So many just quit because they get a shed.

That's the problem, most stories of dutasteride are with people that shed for years on it non stop... Rarely i saw some success stories on it compared to finasteride where they shed at start and after regrow a lot... At least this is what i saw

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get even better result in the future please create a post and bluntly state that you weathered a bad dutasteride shed and then got regrowth. So many just quit because they get a shed.
Sure. I do plan to make a progress thread one day, i just feel like its too early on.
Honestly i can understand those people. The shed i experienced was horrific. I was watching myself go bald in mere months. My hair density getting worse every few weeks. Seeing 150 hairs in the shower just from washing my hair. I can understand how people can go nuts during that time, exspecially when you go 5-6 months without seeing any improvements.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the problem, most stories of dutasteride are with people that shed for years on it non stop... Rarely i saw some success stories on it compared to finasteride where they shed at start and after regrow a lot... At least this is what i saw
Who knows, maybe i only got regrowth because of the needling. I mean look at my timeline. Doesnt seem like a coincidence to me.
I should also note that i had a period where i got regrowth while shedding lots of hair. One doesnt automatically exclude the other

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows, maybe i only got regrowth because of the needling. I mean look at my timeline. Doesnt seem like a coincidence to me.
I should also note that i had a period where i got regrowth while shedding lots of hair. One doesnt automatically exclude the other

You got some nice regrowth i have to admit, maybe the damn follicles are clogged and dermarolling helps with this things who the f*** knows, but good it worked let's hope it keeps coming and no sides from the damn pills !

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bummer man. I’m in the same boat.

I agree that it is the minoxidil being enhanced by rolling that is working for people seeing results.

My take on existing and public Replicel literature is that they are creating a new topical that will be enhanced by needling.

I don’t think anybody here has the stripes to say needling doesn’t help at all when people are investing that much money in the tech. Hopefully whatever they make won’t have side effects!!!

I’m actually looking at another transplant myself. I’m thinking about Rasman as I find him to be ethical.

Have you had a transplant before?
Kiwi, did you try the everyday mild needling regime?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have been rolling for over 2 years nothing has worked. Until i added minoxidil with tretinoin and daily 1mm roller. The weekly 2.5mm was doing nothing.
It has resuscitated my transplanted hair ! Damn cost me a lot and where dying again :p
How old are you?

Some people believe min is less effective on old people past 40.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the first study got published in 2013, we are almost 2020, we need the conclusion on derma rolling time pattern. Don't we?
More personal evidence that needling after needling keeps blood flow "active". How many of you noticed that there was no blood the first times of needling?
even after 4 weeks of needling blood draws with needling again. I am really curious about how much time is needed before scalp gets like a cement again after needling.
Also, I needled once the scalp of non Androgenetic Alopecia friend of mine and guess what. Blood drew easily.

I suppose rolling once a week up to three months and then once every 20 days would be the best?

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
the first study got published in 2013, we are almost 2020, we need the conclusion on derma rolling time pattern. Don't we?
More personal evidence that needling after needling keeps blood flow "active". How many of you noticed that there was no blood the first times of needling?
even after 4 weeks of needling blood draws with needling again. I am really curious about how much time is needed before scalp gets like a cement again after needling.
Also, I needled once the scalp of non Androgenetic Alopecia friend of mine and guess what. Blood drew easily.

I suppose rolling once a week up to three months and then once every 20 days would be the best?

The first times I did not draw blood, I did not change the needling depth (1.5mm) every since then but the last few times I bled quite a bit. I dont know if this is simply because I pressed harder because I was a bit scared for the first few sessions or not. Atleast the fact that this has been noticed by more people is interesting.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nice observation.
Yes, a conclusive study would be really helpful, but remember why studies are funded in the first place.
Not sure circulation is the only answer to AA, but its certainly part of the equation

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, besides the fact that in almost 2 months of needling and minoxidil my hairline receded even more than it was, what i noticed is that since the day i started needling my oily scalp is gone, my skin is much looser, no more pimples anymore and not even one more itch, not a single f*****g one... But i have to admit that i'm an idiot and i have been doing daily 0.75mm needling session that lately i have been doing even those wrong without drawing any blood... I will trow it away and start with the 1.5 before my hairline goes on the back of my head... Shedding from minoxidil almost stopped but besides some minor hairs popping there and there, nothing happened, and i did shed a lot in this almost 2 months... Not hundred hairs per day but still..

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pen, 2mm every 1.5 weeks. Maybe 6 months is not enough or I'm not going hard enough, I'm not sure.

One thing's sure, it really minoxidil/needling combo really seems to work for many people with crazy results.

I suppose rolling once a week up to three months and then once every 20 days would be the best?[/QUOTE]

I've found that dermarolling (1.5mm) very hard every 3 weeks works best for me.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noticed a small hair growing on my hairline (transplanted Norwood 1.5) , then looked closer saw quite a few. Looks like rolling/minoxidil has awoken some of the grafts that didn't make it first time round. Pleasing

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my anecdotal experience i can say for sure that doing under 1.5mm it's useless... At first i started pressing real hard until i started to see blood and i started seeing new hairs on my bald temples but after a while i just casually rolled 0.75mm before minoxidil and the scalp started being hard again and the hair lost it's "healthyness" if i can say it this way... Since when i started doing 1.5mm and pressing a little harder and filling my scalp with blood, the scalp started to be more loose and getting blood real fast after only casually rolling with 1.5mm... I trowed away the 0.75 and i'm gonna do only 1.5mm at least from now even if it really hurts if you start pressing hard, but at least that's what the studies say and my experience under 1.5mm was real poor especially if i did not press hard enough with the 0.75mm one...
I think you need to roll a lot of time to try to reverse that fibrosis and calcification that seems to be real stubborn and you have to maintain it because if you stop it seems it comes back real fast...