IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering, how deep is skin punctured for tattoo purposes and could 1.5mm be deep enough to trap colors? Coz I am using aloe vera instead of minoxidil and it has a green tint to it. Not sure haha but sometimes I feel my scalp looks a bit green'ishish :)
...and also generally skin heals a tad darker than regular skin color (at least in the begining) which makes the thinning less obvious, so I am wondering if that might be affecting proper assessment in people's photos?

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering, how deep is skin punctured for tattoo purposes and could 1.5mm be deep enough to trap colors? Coz I am using aloe vera instead of minoxidil and it has a green tint to it. Not sure haha but sometimes I feel my scalp looks a bit green'ishish :)
...and also generally skin heals a tad darker than regular skin color (at least in the begining) which makes the thinning less obvious, so I am wondering if that might be affecting proper assessment in people's photos?

If I remember correctly tattoo is less than 1.5mm. so you are technically tattooing yourself if you apply aloe right after. Lol

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m close to a year of solely needling weekly or every 1.5 weeks. Or maybe longer than a year. I stopped keeping track and don’t care as much lol. No regrowth or maintenance. I believe you truly need a growth stimulant like minoxidil with needling.
Is @Pigeon 's case, your case, and the +10 other cases who tried needling on its own and got absolutely no gains from it enough to DOUBT the results of the Chinese study in 2017 claiming that needling alone is better than minoxidil along? I said that a couple of months ago and was bashed by fanatics.
There are 0 instances here in this forum induced by needling ALONE. Please let me know if I am wrong, and if so and post a successful case.

Its been 3 weeks since I am needling daily, while still keeping the intense weekly needling at 2mm every Saturday I've been doing for 9 months. I will let you know in 2 months whether this daily thing improved my hair density or not. I remind you all that it worked for my right temple in my 2 month experiment, I really hope it is also the case for my whole scalp (crown), otherwise I'll be forced to shave my head very soon because I running out of options.

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg thats scary lol!

Nothing to worry about that will make your hair look fuller. With the add density I got from this regimen I am also going to do SMP in 6 months so my hair will look darker. Then finally my hair will be the way I like it.

As a matter of fact I'm glad that you post about aloe staining your head. Because I'm wonder if there is something thats BLACK that I can apply that grows back hair and also stain my scalp? Especially applying right after needling it's like tattooing. 6 months ago I was researching like crazy for something that would darken my scalp without harming it but all I can come up with was scalp dye. I apply my oil-mix right after I needle. Anyone reading this and know of something hair regrowth thats black in color please let me know.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about that will make your hair look fuller. With the add density I got from this regimen I am also going to do SMP in 6 months so my hair will look darker. Then finally my hair will be the way I like it.

As a matter of fact I'm glad that you post about aloe staining your head. Because I'm wonder if there is something thats BLACK that I can apply that grows back hair and also stain my scalp? Especially applying right after needling it's like tattooing. 6 months ago I was researching like crazy for something that would darken my scalp without harming it but all I can come up with was scalp dye. I apply my oil-mix right after I needle. Anyone reading this and know of something hair regrowth thats black in color please let me know.

This please.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you want to do micropigmentation? I have heard so many stories of it fading and blurring over time you will end up looking like that p**rn star François Sagat (not his body just his head;))

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
I’m using minoxidil for 3.5 years but it lost effectiveness and i loose over 150 hair in a day, i’m taking finastride for100 day but it doesn’t effect till now.
And for 1 month i use derma roller and it increase blood in my head but doesn’t have effect,
Now i’m thinking to buy a dr.pen microneedling, as for dermaroller(1.5)doesn’t have a good effect is it logical to buy a dr.pen microneedling!???

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you want to do micropigmentation? I have heard so many stories of it fading and blurring over time you will end up looking like that p*rn star François Sagat (not his body just his head;))

I am sure because I am going to the world renowned best SMP practician ZANG in LA. I've had hair transplant so I'm a nw0 but my hair is sparce and flate ,those who got a transplant knows what I'm talking about. So I just need to get density, doesn't matter if it blurring in 10 years or even 3. I'm trying to buy time until a hair loss break through comes along like Dr. Tsuji hair cloning. Then I can get off finastaride. But right now this regimen has gotten my hair fuller so thanks god for online community and appreciate your information

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyways, here my update. I dont want to say anything about the protocol itself. Just look at the timeline and decide for yourself wether needling or duasteride helped me.
Protocol:
Since january 1st: Dutasteride 0.5 mg every 2 days
Since May 1st: derma stamping with 1.5mm every saturday with heavy bleeding.

Timeline:
Month 1: Massive shedding (300-400 hairs daily), no improvements
Month 2: Massive shedding, no improvements
Month 3: Massive shedding, no improvements
Month 4: Massive shedding, no improvements
Month 5: Massive shedding, no improvements (started needling here at the begining of the month)
Month 6: Massive shedding, hairs on the hairline are thicker. Tiny, almost invisible hairs are sprouting on bald temples. Overall no cosmetic improvement.
Month 7: Shedding reduced abruptly, probably by 80%, entire scalp is several shades darker as seen in the pictures. Very visible improvement of hairline and overall density.
Month 8: -

Epic dutasteride regrowth. I wonder how different it would have been without the dermarolling.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For those of you that use dermarollers with long nails.. how do you calculate how much milimeters are you penetrating?

For instance Somebody uses a 1.5mm if I remember correctly daily but he says he doesn't go deep.. so how deep can you know how you are going? seems random as f***.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone will be along shortly to tell you that you were doing it wrong because apparently needling is the holy grail for hair loss.

I'm in the same boat as you btw, started needling in January this year, and 8 months later have seen no cosmetic difference to my hair. I dont use minoxidil, which is the driver behind anyone getting results it seems.

I’m skeptical about everything when it comes to hair loss treatments. I’ve been dermarolling for 2 months, I had been using finasteride, dutasteride, and minoxidil already, for 2 years. It just stopped my hairloss, no regrowth. Now with dermarolling, I see a lot of little hairs popping up on my hairline and temples. They’re getting darker and longer, but still tiny and not cosmetically significant. I take pics of the progress and will not get my hopes up and start posting. If the tint hairs keeping getting longer and thicker and become a real hairline changer, I will post before and after pics. I dermaroll 3x a week, I admit not hard, just to enough to cause redness. My point is I think dermarolling, along with the big 2-3, actually works very well. It could very well be the Big 4 as we learn more about it and what the sweet spot is.

I feel dermarolling, as “old” as it is, is the best thing the hair loss community in HairLossTalk.com is trying right now. I think it can be a game changer. Not think, i’m sure it is a game changer.