Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice !
when you pass your finger throught your temple, did your hair feel spiky ?

Thanks.

Yes, it does, as I can see and feel the better difference in density from just a couple months ago, I decided to microneedle my bald/receded temple since it’s easier to see and note progress and it’s cool to see good progress and be able to feel the spiky new hairs there as well as in my crown and elsewhere.

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think i've heard a couple of people claiming that their eyes got some sh*t on it doing this, as well as inflammed lymph nodes. Why the f*** are those people continuing? dermarolling is clearly not for them.
Well I got diagnosed with shingles. The doctor didn't seem to think there was a link between microneedling but he said he'd never even heard of microneedling either. I'm not doing it again because I can't deal with this a second time.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im doing it mildly but im starting off with a pretty inflamed scalp that is sore to touch, so even doing it lightly pisses it off. Am on finasteride, topical cetrizine, and various anti inflammatory supplements, and nothing has gotten rid of my scalp itch and soreness. It f*****g sucks.

Use zix. Cured my itch after trying a million things.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if I’m allowed to post a link to Reddit on here but I suggest those looking for a solid before and after photo results like Jamesdunn posts to go over to the Tressless thread on Reddit and check out the amazing results a dude that goes by ‘skupelshanks’ posted of his microneedling + minoxidil + finasteride progress earlier today.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you supposed to do this so as to cause mild redness/soreness, or actually draw blood? What did the studies do? Thanks.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To those that are needling every day is your scalp permanently sore? I've just started lightly needling every day and damn it is sore. Think my scalp needs a 2 day break to calm down.
I needle my right temples mildly, and while it doesnt look sore the next day, it definetely FEELS sore when i move it around.
Hence i mild needle every 2 days instead

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I posted here that I was starting microneedling without Min: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-505#post-1810264

Not a big update, I still shed like a lot. Its only 2 months so its expected but I've been shedding since the start of the year but my hair looks good still? Like the hairline seems thicker now. z

Going to add min next month, I decided. I should have gone all nuke with my hairloss since the start probably. But I wanted to know what each thing did.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using the peppermint oil mixed with coconut oil after my sessions for over a month now, to aide in better scalp circulation and healing, seems to be helping.

i'm trying right now my own mixture fo about a week and half:
- peppermint essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil (normally it's close to peppermint in term of cirulation effect on the scalps + it smells good)
- sesame oil
- Aloe Vera

i'm using that on daily basis + massage. + microneedling twice week.

and do you think it's better to add coconut oil ? is it a better carrier ? for info i have an oily scalps.

Leto

Reaction score
I don't know if you've seen it, but this is some guy's result from reddit. Whole thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/cjcer4/been_on_finmindermaroller_since_january_just/
1nhmbbu1c9d31.jpg

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm trying right now my own mixture fo about a week and half:
- peppermint essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil (normally it's close to peppermint in term of cirulation effect on the scalps + it smells good)
- sesame oil
- Aloe Vera

i'm using that on daily basis + massage. + microneedling twice week.

and do you think it's better to add coconut oil ? is it a better carrier ? for info i have an oily scalps.

This looks like a good mixture and routine you have here, I may add rosemary myself as I’ve read it also helps.

I’m not sure about the sesame oil and aloe Vera as good penetrating carriers for the essential oils compared to say coconut but that’s not to say they may not help, I’m just not too familiar using sesame and only familiar with aloe to heal sunburns and skin redness and I’m not fond of using it on my scalp as I think it may clog pores and follicles but not completely sure.

Since you say your scalp is naturally oily it might not help using coconut oil as a carrier but give it a try I say, if it’s too oily then quit using it.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
^Excellent results. Hmm can finasteride really rebuild a hairline like that? I'm going with the minoxidil/rolling that did it :D

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^Excellent results. Hmm can finasteride really rebuild a hairline like that? I'm going with the minoxidil/rolling that did it :D
There are hairline responders to finasteride and minoxidil. They are a minority compared to vertex/crown responders, but they are there.
Again, let's not draw bold conclusions on people that are nuking baldness with every strong proven treatment there is and then claim it's because of needling.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are hairline responders to finasteride and minoxidil. They are a minority compared to vertex/crown responders, but they are there.
Again, let's not draw bold conclusions on people that are nuking baldness with every strong proven treatment there is and then claim it's because of needling.

I think “synergy” is a good way to describe his methods success.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This looks like a good mixture and routine you have here, I may add rosemary myself as I’ve read it also helps.

I’m not sure about the sesame oil and aloe Vera as good penetrating carriers for the essential oils compared to say coconut but that’s not to say they may not help, I’m just not too familiar using sesame and only familiar with aloe to heal sunburns and skin redness and I’m not fond of using it on my scalp as I think it may clog pores and follicles but not completely sure.

Since you say your scalp is naturally oily it might not help using coconut oil as a carrier but give it a try I say, if it’s too oily then quit using it.
yeah try to add rosemary,

but which is the best carrier for an oily scalps ? do you have any idea ?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding like crazy coming up 4 weeks now after starting minoxidil/rolling about 8 weeks ago. So demoralizing looking at my comb seeing so much hair. Not throwing in the towel yet. Maybe need to roll harder & more frequently (currently once a week)
"4 weeks"
Oh man, you are up for a ride if you are already losing your mind after 4 weeks.
My shedding didnt slow down before 7 months

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah try to add rosemary,

but which is the best carrier for an oily scalps ? do you have any idea ?

Jojoba oil. Is good Carrier
Castor oil
Peppermint
Rosemary
Oil-olive
Olive leafs
DMSOd
Dimethyl
Valproic acid
Stemyoxide
Tumeric
Menthyl