Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

j4r0d

Reaction score
A lot of people are on dutasteride whitout sides....Differences is they won't be bald !

I have been diffusing for the last 5 years and on duta for the past 4 years. I am definitely balding, duta is far from being a cure, I can tell you that...
Luckily I have never experienced sexual side effects so far.

j4r0d

Reaction score
for how long did you do the minoxidil+rolling treatment?
- 3.5 months

Are you always 100% consistent everyday?
- i dot it every single day

How long the rolling session last?
- 3-5min, no more, moderate pressure

You mentioned about trying minoxidil alone before. How long did you use it before quitting?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been diffusing for the last 5 years and on duta for the past 4 years. I am definitely balding, duta is far from being a cure, I can tell you that...
Luckily I have never experienced sexual side effects so far.
Can we see your hair?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had a haircut today and asked for it to be graded really short on my crown to compare to old buzz cut photos

Attachments

• 20190729_200027.jpg
    20190729_200027.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 559
  • 20190729_195420.jpg
    20190729_195420.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 565

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
89435A8F-5E7F-409A-9B86-F65399DF20FD.jpeg
Progress in this photo is just a little over 2 months microneedling with a pen and 1.5 months on Minoxidil on my temple area, lots of new strong dark hairs growing in long ago (5-7 years ago) receded areas(went grey at an early age). I am microneedling all over my scalp so definitely seeing improvement in other areas too at less than 3 months now.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Slightly more effective than minoxidil alone but nowhere near as effective as combining the two.
This claim is based on the Chinese study published in 2017.
It should be added, though, that every single balding soul who have tried needling alone in this thread since its conception almost 1 year ago has not been able to achieve results, which is a shame. Every user here who has reported success (and supported that claim with pics) is combining needling with minoxidil or finasteride (or both, though min is the more frequent one).

Nexusv6

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 125274
Progress in this photo is just a little over 2 months microneedling with a pen and 1.5 months on Minoxidil on my temple area, lots of new strong dark hairs growing in long ago (5-7 years ago) receded areas(went grey at an early age). I am microneedling all over my scalp so definitely seeing improvement in other areas too at less than 3 months now.

That’s cool!
And you are not needling where those new hairs are appearing?

Are you applying Minoxidil right after needling? And do you take any supplements?

kirklandism

Reaction score
View attachment 125274
That looks like solid regrowth. Wish my hair would respond like that but after 6 months of 2-3 times a week of needling, twice daily of minoxidil and daily dose of 0.5 mg finasteride, I have seen no cosmetic difference. I thought I did but doesn't seem like I am a responder.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 125274
Nice !
when you pass your finger throught your temple, did your hair feel spiky ?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To those that are needling every day is your scalp permanently sore? I've just started lightly needling every day and damn it is sore. Think my scalp needs a 2 day break to calm down.
The ones that are doing it everyday as doing it mildly, instead of the bloody, intense sessions that are usually done weekly. As such, I don't feel it sore in my daily sessions. Just do it softly.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
The ones that are doing it everyday as doing it mildly, instead of the bloody, intense sessions that are usually done weekly. As such, I don't feel it sore in my daily sessions. Just do it softly.

Im doing it mildly but im starting off with a pretty inflamed scalp that is sore to touch, so even doing it lightly pisses it off. Am on finasteride, topical cetrizine, and various anti inflammatory supplements, and nothing has gotten rid of my scalp itch and soreness. It f*****g sucks.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s cool!
And you are not needling where those new hairs are appearing?

Are you applying Minoxidil right after needling? And do you take any supplements?

Thanks!

If you are referring to those fine hairs that are slight further away from my temples, I’m not microneedling my forehead or brow but the vellus growth you see is are probably from the fact I use coconut oil with a few drops of peppermint oil after and it gets all over then I apply minoxidil foam which also drips down my forehead. It could also be the growth factors spread to those areas as well and Minoxidil is also working there too, I usually apply before bed so not 100% sure.

I basically microneedle, mist spray scalp with cold water after to remove any skin flakes/blood droplet, wait about 30 minutes then apply a little coconut oil/a few drops of peppermint, wait another 30 minuets then liberally apply minoxidil foam.

I take MSM/Biotin/Multi-vitamin/Vitamin D/Nettle Root extract supplements daily, eat as much a high protein diet as I can as well and use a SLS-free and Paraben-free biotin shampoo a few days a week and Nizoral 2x a week.

I will add my routine and supplements to my regimen here soon.

The areas circled in green is the area I’m microneedling in the photo.

Attachments

• 63DDDD24-16FD-46EB-91ED-5EB233C56425.jpeg
    63DDDD24-16FD-46EB-91ED-5EB233C56425.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks like solid regrowth. Wish my hair would respond like that but after 6 months of 2-3 times a week of needling, twice daily of minoxidil and daily dose of 0.5 mg finasteride, I have seen no cosmetic difference. I thought I did but doesn't seem like I am a responder.

Thanks.

That’s a bummer that your not seeing results with your routine, you may need more time but yeah there are some that might not be positive responders.