Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys help!!!!! How does one get rid of onion smell from their hair/scalp???!!! It's been more than 2 weeks and the smell is like stuck on me it's embarrassing! I had to explain to my barber that I was trying out this new remedy for hairloss haha. It's like the cells absorbed the onion into their DNA or something! I am not using minoxidil and I didn't want to just microneedle without adding at least some sort of serum so thought ok I will use onion juice. But I don't think I will be able to go on with the treatment if I need more than a month before the smell dissipates that's just crazy! I have washed with all sorts of shampoos and nizoral, and tried herbal leave ins nothing seems to work. The smell is especially strong when the hair/scalp gets wet or under the sun I am guessing from the sweat so again humidity seems to trigger it.
I just cut my hair real short hoping it would help.

This gave me a good chuckle. Sorry for being no help.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is a daunting indictment against modern science's ignorance about male pattern baldness. In any other forum dedicated to any other medical condition, you would get universally mocked for suggesting onion and garlic as cures. Here it's split with some users saying, "Go for it, bro. Why not?"

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is a daunting indictment against modern science's ignorance about male pattern baldness. In any other forum dedicated to any other medical condition, you would get universally mocked for suggesting onion and garlic as cures. Here it's split with some users saying, "Go for it, bro. Why not?"
Nobody thought something like dermarolling would work so well until numberguy tried it and posted his remarkable results. Nobody thought daily mild rolling could grow back hair on a completely bald scalp until chen tried it and posted his results.
What's the harm in trying something? We are doing wild crazy things to our scalps. Applying garlic/onion juice would be least craziest of them.

Reactions: tzt

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody thought something like dermarolling would work so well until numberguy tried it and posted his remarkable results. Nobody thought daily mild rolling could grow back hair on a completely bald scalp until chen tried it and posted his results.
What's the harm in trying something? We are doing wild crazy things to our scalps. Applying garlic/onion juice would be least craziest of them.
Yes just more evidence of how the science is lagging behind.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok.... Today I am at my 9 month mark of weekly dermarolling at 2mm (intense sessions going for blood).
As I suspected, today I took a picture of my worst hit area, the crown, and there is evidently no progress. Here you will se the before (left) and after (right) pics. They're 9 months apart and as you can see... Zero effect. In those pics, I styled my hair in the worst possible way so my bald sport is as exposed as possible, against natural sunlight.
Note: I've been in min and finasteride for 3.5 years, way before I started needling.

On the other hand, I HAVE been getting positive results with a little experiment in my right temple, which involved mild needling sessions with a roller (rather than the heavy sessions with a pen). Apparently, rolling daily in my right temple has given me results in as little as three months, whereas the typical intense and weekly sessions recommended in the studies and here in this thread has given me nothing in my crown and in my left temple.
So.... I wanted to let you guys know that since today, I am going to extend my daily routine to my whole scalp, in hopes that the progress of my right temple can be reproduced elsewhere (especially the crown). I will keep my fingers crossed hoping that it can work,and of course, I will report results to you guys in 3 months.
I know there a re a couple of dudes who recently started the daily needling approach, so wish them the best luck as well. Let's see if eventually that is the best way to get better results.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190801-163520.png
    Screenshot_20190801-163520.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 666

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok.... Today I am at my 9 month mark of weekly dermarolling at 2mm (intense sessions going for blood).
As I suspected, today I took a picture of my worst hit area, the crown, and there is evidently no progress. Here you will se the before (left) and after (right) pics. They're 9 months apart and as you can see... Zero effect. In those pics, I styled my hair in the worst possible way so my bald sport is as exposed as possible, against natural sunlight.
Note: I've been in min and finasteride for 3.5 years, way before I started needling.

On the other hand, I HAVE been getting positive results with a little experiment in my right temple, which involved mild needling sessions with a roller (rather than the heavy sessions with a pen). Apparently, rolling daily in my right temple has given me results in as little as three months, whereas the typical intense and weekly sessions recommended in the studies and here in this thread has given me nothing in my crown and in my left temple.
So.... I wanted to let you guys know that since today, I am going to extend my daily routine to my whole scalp, in hopes that the progress of my right temple can be reproduced elsewhere (especially the crown). I will keep my fingers crossed hoping that it can work,and of course, I will report results to you guys in 3 months.
I know there a re a couple of dudes who recently started the daily needling approach, so wish them the best luck as well. Let's see if eventually that is the best way to get better results.

In 9 months you haven't lost anymore hair. That alone is pretty good!

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys help!!!!! How does one get rid of onion smell from their hair/scalp???!!! It's been more than 2 weeks and the smell is like stuck on me it's embarrassing! I had to explain to my barber that I was trying out this new remedy for hairloss haha. It's like the cells absorbed the onion into their DNA or something! I am not using minoxidil and I didn't want to just microneedle without adding at least some sort of serum so thought ok I will use onion juice. But I don't think I will be able to go on with the treatment if I need more than a month before the smell dissipates that's just crazy! I have washed with all sorts of shampoos and nizoral, and tried herbal leave ins nothing seems to work. The smell is especially strong when the hair/scalp gets wet or under the sun I am guessing from the sweat so again humidity seems to trigger it.
I just cut my hair real short hoping it would help.

Try using nizoral.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been wounding at least once every other week for over 6 months with minoxidil, no results and I'm not sure why but I barely bleed when I wound even with a 2mm derma pen. I'm not a bloodthirsty maniac but the lack of blood flow can't be good surely, could this be down to fibrosis and does anybody else experience the same?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In 9 months you haven't lost anymore hair. That alone is pretty good!
I am on minoxidil and finasteride. They've virtually stopped my hairloss for 3 years. It would be shameful to give the credit to needling when there was already that trend

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol i love the desperation ans straw clutching by people in this thread. Now apparently maintenance is good enough (even though there's 0 evidence needling has done anything in this scenario).

Look how the tide has turned now to mild daily rolling as opposed to everything that people have tried before. Literally no one knows what they are doing or what works. The thread dies down with people saying they're not getting results and then BAM! someone posts a full recovery picture from tressless and the hype train starts chugging along again.

It's all guesswork, and then we have people talking about getting the stink of onion off their scalps lol

But sure nEeDLiNg iS THe saVioUr.

Put a sock in it you big cry baby douche bag.

Tolguy who was a major disbeliever IS REPORTING results using a different tactic.

And YES maintenance is awesome for lots of people here. (I’m well aware that tolguy was maintaining on finasteride + min).

AND it’s literally fine that people don’t know what the f*** is going on.

BECAUSE tolguy is maintaining in the crown and growing hair in his temples.

YOU are loosing hair by doing nothing. And nobody here has anything to loose by trying.

YOU are my new punk *** b**ch.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

I actually think the hair on the right photo looks darker and less diffuse.

Massive congrats on your temples bro. I’m grateful that you (unlike some other members here) have the tenacity and guts to experiment!

I can’t wait to hear how it goes.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I looked at the picture first and was very surprised to read your post after that because for me there is very clear improvement, exspecially for the right halph of your crown. And im neglecting the darker hair colour here.
I dont know if lighting alone can cause such a difference in hair density but if i only consider these 2 pictures, you have made very clear progress in these 9 months in my eyes. Again, i could be wrong.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @kiwi666 and @Moosey for the thumbs up. About the 9month photos, although I struggle to see a positive difference, it's nice to know others do see something going on. I really hope my daily approach works for the crown in a cosmetically significant way on the long run. You'll be the first ones to know in three months when I provide my next status update.
Best of luck with your needling journeys as well.
See ya

DiffuseSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on minoxidil and finasteride. They've virtually stopped my hairloss for 3 years. It would be shameful to give the credit to needling when there was already that trend

If you know about the user "Somebody" He started derma rolling daily with .25mm or .50mm (don't remember which) and he applied min right after. He has thick hair now and no bald spots. Daily derma might be better in combination with min. Also, don't aim for blood when rolling, just roll till your scalp is red. If you notice any discomfort skip min for that day.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you know about the user "Somebody" He started derma rolling daily with .25mm or .50mm (don't remember which) and he applied min right after. He has thick hair now and no bald spots. Daily derma might be better in combination with min. Also, don't aim for blood when rolling, just roll till your scalp is red. If you notice any discomfort skip min for that day.
Yeah, I know who Somebody is and I was aware of his story. However, because of the timing he did his things, there was no good way of determining which element was the most successful one for his progress, but yeah, his daily regime also gave me the idea experimenting daily needling. And yeah, of course I don't draw blood daily. I only roll mildly in my daily sessions. The intense sessions in which I go for blood is done only weekly.
Thanks for your comment though, pal. Regards

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if it's the dermarolling or the minoxidil or the finasteride, but I swear to god I have more individual hairs than most people. My head is diffused as f***, sure, but there are so many hairs. They are mostly unpigmented. I wonder if there is a way to thicken them up. I have never had this many individual hairs. They are all on top of each other. It's mad.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked at the picture first and was very surprised to read your post after that because for me there is very clear improvement, exspecially for the right halph of your crown. And im neglecting the darker hair colour here.
I dont know if lighting alone can cause such a difference in hair density but if i only consider these 2 pictures, you have made very clear progress in these 9 months in my eyes. Again, i could be wrong.

I thought the same thing, @ToLGuy.