Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s reassuring my man! I’ve been needling consistently (once or twice a week at 1.5-1.75 fast on the D2) and i noticed some shedding and thinness in my hairline and temples. It really freaks me out.

The thing is, I tend to bleed easily even when backing off the pressure a lot. Here’s a pic of my typical wounding level right after needling https://imgur.com/a/PoFqfGy

Do you experience similar wounding ?

Yup I get similar wounding when I use the derminator 2, a bit less when I use dermaroller. Your guess is as good as mine as to what is the optimal level of wounding needed...

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On week 18 now. Last month I've seen the best results weirdly enough and only been applying minoxidil 1x a day instead of 2x

Attachments

• 20190618_160454.jpg
    20190618_160454.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 799
  • 20190618_160640.jpg
    20190618_160640.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 790

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On week 18 now. Last month I've seen the best results weirdly enough and only been applying minoxidil 1x a day instead of 2x

Wow! Great progress, congrats!

I just started Kirkland minoxidil 5% 1x a day a couple weeks ago and will stick with 1x a day.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm from Romania... I tried to buy the original foam from Rogaine, i know that there are a lot of Minoxidil products out there but i always thought that the brand names like Rogaine instead of generic unknown brands or Propecia instead of finasteride unknown generics also are the best, but this is just me it might be just paranoia in thinking that other manufacturers don't respect the formula as well as the firsts who ever brought it on the market...

As for the hair transplant, i got kind of the same prices from Turkey as from my country, we have here a very reputable clinic with some very good doctors, they are well trained at FUE London and the whole procedure is done only by accredited transplant surgeons, it's the best clinic in the country, it's called Dr. Felix as the doctors that founded it is called, Dr. Felix Popescu, he is a reputable member of the ISHRS and from what i saw he has some great results, he is kind of the only in our country that people go to, even "famous" people bla bla... We had a tragic fire event at a club a couple of years ago and he offered to make free transplants to the victims of the fire, i know that he made some publicity from this but he was famous before anyways and he helped them for free and he had some great results also on them. He is the first doctor in our country who made hair transplant on really bad burned skin and he was awarded some star or prize at Hollywood or something like that...

The prices that i got for transplants vary between 4500 and 6000 euros, in Turkey more cheaper but the difference is that at this doctors clinic in my country, all stages of hair transplantation, namely, anesthesia, extraction and implantation of hair grafts, are very carefully done EXCLUSIVELY BY HIGHLY TRAINED DOCTORS, not by simple technicians, as in the case of other clinics and that's a big plus...

Here is his ISHRS member page : https://ishrs.org/doctor/felix.popescu@clinicaimplantpar./

If i would have had more money i would have gone in the US or somewhere else or waited on waiting lists for years for Lorenzo or what his name is, but unfortunately i don't, 6000 euros is a lot of money for me anyways but i think it's worth it and you get rid of most of the treatments and so on, if you are lucky of course and it ends up all well... But i'm not decided yet, it's annoying as f*** and i have days when i think of just shaving it and that's that, it's well accepted here in Romania, you don't make 2 steps and don't see a baldy, it's full of them... And i had my share, i'm 33, i had a full head of hair until 30 since it started falling more aggressively, i'm loosing it since 22 or something like that but it was real slow until now and i think that it started to stop now if i take a look at my family history, it's kind of the same pattern, i think and hope at least....

I think i will give minoxidil and Needling a chance for now and see what happens later, i really hope it won't mess my hair more than it is anyways, last time i fucked it up and accelerated my hair loss with it and panicked at the first shed, stopped it and never grew back what i had lost, hair that would eventually would have fallen anyways, but maybe slower than minoxidil made it to fall...

Im sure you can get it cheaper in Turkey and from very reputable clinics. It doesn't really matter if a clinician does the grafts as long as they are well trained and from a reputable clinic as they would likely be there for years.

In terms of minoxidil, rogaine isn't any different to kirkland. Same ingredients. You are paying a premium for the brand name like people pay for hugo boss. The hugo boss t shirt costs £100 whereas you can buy an Adidas t short for £20. The hugo boss doesn't have anything more to it other than its name.

Save your money with a cheaper minoxidil and put the rest towards the hair transplant.

But definitely give the needling and minoxidil a proper chance for a good 6 months.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup I get similar wounding when I use the derminator 2, a bit less when I use dermaroller. Your guess is as good as mine as to what is the optimal level of wounding needed...

Thanks for the reassurance. How long did it take for you to recover from that shock shedding?

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance. How long did it take for you to recover from that shock shedding?
I would say it took about 2 months for my shedding to get down below what I normally shed, which is where I am at now. That being said, I expect the shedding to return. As long as I am still at base line or better after the next shed cycle, to me that indicates I am headed towards growth. I like to think of it like stock prices. If you zoom in to a month, you might see that there is a downward trend, but if you zoom out to the whole year, it's an overall upward trend. But the opposite could be true as well, I might be seeing growth right now, because it's in the growth stage, but the overall trend maybe downwards. Hence why I am cautiously optimistic. Cant know for sure until I have gone through a few shed cycles to assess properly

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just used my Dr Pen Ultima N W-2 that I got off ebay for $32 shipped for the first time and I liked it a lot. Way easier to do it when I'm not the one applying the pressure. 2mm hurts like a b**ch but, if it thickens up this hairline... worth it.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My result (2 months daily minoxidil 5% + dermaroll 1mm + garlic juice ) (sry for my eng. translated via google)
A lot of new hairs on my left temple
https://imgur.com/a/mfBkvbP
On the right temple
https://imgur.com/a/8BdncxY
BUT...... i stil have Norwood 6, 0 results on my scalp, ZERO
https://imgur.com/a/mMtoR3j
https://imgur.com/a/Ok3dIf9

I know minoxidil is working for you, but your hair loss pattern doesn't look like typical male pattern baldness to me.

The temples in particular, that patch of loss is just unusual; and the top is a bit unusual too.

I would suggest getting your thyroid levels checked and considering the potential that the hair loss is auto immune related, or something.

minoxidil would work regardless if you have auto immune/ thyroid hair loss as it still functions to increase blood flow, so don't write it off as male pattern baldness just because something branded as a male pattern baldness treatment is treating your hair condition.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A thyroid issue seems unlikely if your hairloss follows a male pattern baldness right ?
Hypothyroidism, and hyperthyroidism too I believe, cause accelerated DHT production. In fact I read somewhere that it increases it up to eight-fold.

All people losing hair should get thyroid levels checked just to make sure they don't either have hair loss directly attributed to a pathological thyroid, or increased DHT production as a result of a condition stemming from it.

A TSH result over 3.5 is regarded in many circles as worthy of pause especially if you are young and male, despite the range usually offered being '.5-5.0'.

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know minoxidil is working for you, but your hair loss pattern doesn't look like typical male pattern baldness to me.

The temples in particular, that patch of loss is just unusual; and the top is a bit unusual too.

I would suggest getting your thyroid levels checked and considering the potential that the hair loss is auto immune related, or something.

minoxidil would work regardless if you have auto immune/ thyroid hair loss as it still functions to increase blood flow, so don't write it off as male pattern baldness just because something branded as a male pattern baldness treatment is treating your hair condition.

I did 5 years ago thyroid ultrasound investigation, in conclusion it is written **gland is increased in size Right 1,7 x 2,2cm left 1,7 x 2,2cm** I do not know what it means

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's definitely male pattern baldness. Maybe a thyroid issue can accelerate it, but it's still male pattern baldness. He is a diffuse thinner, just like me and many others on here.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 5 years ago thyroid ultrasound investigation, in conclusion it is written **gland is increased in size Right 1,7 x 2,2cm left 1,7 x 2,2cm** I do not know what it means

Ok, just looked at my ultrasound result but can't marry that up with the way your report has been presented.

I'm sure you had a GP go over those results with you or some practitioner and they indicated they were fine?

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely male pattern baldness. Maybe a thyroid issue can accelerate it, but it's still male pattern baldness. He is a diffuse thinner, just like me and many others on here.

There was a guy who posted very similar looking hair loss on a thread that I was looking at a few months ago and a couple of posters said "it looks thyroid or something" and he went and had himself checked and came back and confirmed the hair loss was thyroid related and that was it.

Just when I saw those pics it looked oddly similar.

The sides are not like anything I have seen on a male pattern baldness sufferer so far.

Yes, it's diffuse thinning on top, but clearly those hairs react differently to stimuli than the Dr Phill horseshoe resistant hairs, so not a stretch to think that a different type of health condition could affect them too in isolation.

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, just looked at my ultrasound result but can't marry that up with the way your report has been presented.

I'm sure you had a GP go over those results with you or some practitioner and they indicated they were fine?

So what tests do I have to take? T3 T4 and TSH ?
But I want to say, before losing most of my hair, i had very strong seborrhea, it was so strong that I could take pieces of fat with my nails, 80% of the hair i lost during the year (2015-2016), everything happened pretty quickly (sry for my eng. im from Moldova :D )

Last edited:

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I want to say, before losing most of my hair, i had very strong seborrhea, it was so strong that I could take pieces of fat with my nails, 80% of the hair i lost during the year (2015-2016), everything happened pretty quickly (sry for my eng. im from Moldova :D )

Yeah, TSH, T4 & T3 and the main ones which should give you a good enough idea.

Better to be sure than wondering I would say.

You can get them done privately in my country independent of a GP in the event that the GP doesn't authorise the tests.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You can also get blood tests for autoimmune disorders

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a guy who posted very similar looking hair loss on a thread that I was looking at a few months ago and a couple of posters said "it looks thyroid or something" and he went and had himself checked and came back and confirmed the hair loss was thyroid related and that was it.

Just when I saw those pics it looked oddly similar.

The sides are not like anything I have seen on a male pattern baldness sufferer so far.

Yes, it's diffuse thinning on top, but clearly those hairs react differently to stimuli than the Dr Phill horseshoe resistant hairs, so not a stretch to think that a different type of health condition could affect them too in isolation.
My hairloss pattern is very similar to @arromanus . I've done several thyroid tests and they all came out normal. So, I guess this type of pattern is also possible. male pattern baldness is some weird sh*t.