Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my almost 6 month pics. I tried my best to keep the pictures consistent, but as I am going through the pics now, I realized angle plays a huge role on how your hair looks, so take it for what it is...

I think in the last month, I have had the most gains. All the pics are of wet hair. I do not have a pic of my baseline, the earliest pic I have is 1 month into needling.

I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for close to two years prior to needling, and I was getting progressively worse with just them. I am continuing min and finasteride as I needle once every two weeks, alternating between 1.5 dermaroller and 1.5 D2 (personally I prefer dermaroller). I also .5 dermaroll every other day for absorption, but I just received a .75 dermaroller that I will use now.

Order of pics from top down: June 11,may 5, apr 12, March 23, Feb 2nd, Jan 22( one month in)

Attachments

• 20190611_090231.jpg
    20190611_090231.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 917
  • 20190505_151333.jpg
    20190505_151333.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 786
  • 20190412_091116.jpg
    20190412_091116.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 750
  • 20190323_125550.jpg
    20190323_125550.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 737
  • 20190202_165435.jpg
    20190202_165435.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 769
  • 20190122_083957.jpg
    20190122_083957.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 842
  • 20190618_151525.jpg
    20190618_151525.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not bad, not bad at all... So this is the whole point of this microneedling it's better for minoxidil absorption and it really woks well... It seems that that's why minoxidil fails to deliver without needling to so many people because it's not well absorbed and it does not arrive where it should arrive, more precisely where the follicle is... I tried a couple of needling sessions without it and i started shedding and i'm sure that it's not that useful without some kind of regrowth solution, or maybe it takes way longer to see some results after a couple of sheds that could be very discouraging...

Do you apply the solution right after the needling session or are you waiting a day after it ? And also, are you using foam or liquid ? Thanks and congrats, let's hope you keep regrowing...

Thanks! Yea I'm hoping this trend will continue. Your hair growth goes through shedding and regrowth cycles, even while actively losing hair. In order for regrowth, you have to go through shedding cycles. So as long as you come out thicker after a shed and regrowth, it indicates your no longer thinning. It's still too early for me to say if that is the case as it's been only 6 months but I hope so.

I apply right after needling session. I use both foam and liquid. The days I needle , I use liquid, and the off days I use foam. I'd use liquid everyday but since I have diffuse hair loss, I would go through too many bottles too quickly...

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my almost 6 month pics. I tried my best to keep the pictures consistent, but as I am going through the pics now, I realized angle plays a huge role on how your hair looks, so take it for what it is...

I think in the last month, I have had the most gains. All the pics are of wet hair. I do not have a pic of my baseline, the earliest pic I have is 1 month into needling.

I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for close to two years prior to needling, and I was getting progressively worse with just them. I am continuing min and finasteride as I needle once every two weeks, alternating between 1.5 dermaroller and 1.5 D2 (personally I prefer dermaroller). I also .5 dermaroll every other day for absorption, but I just received a .75 dermaroller that I will use now.

Order of pics from top down: June 11,may 5, apr 12, March 23, Feb 2nd, Jan 22( one month in)
the order of the pictures are fucked up, but if the picture number 20190611_090231.jpg is the last one , then congrat it's obvious there is a progress.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My only worry is that the hair starts to be minoxidil dependent and i am afraid to lose more because of this.. I mean you guys spread the minoxidil on the whole head even on the zones where your not loosing it ? If you stop sometimes the whole hair will fall or what is the deal with this dependency, anybody knows ?

I don't believe hair becomes minoxidil dependent.

All what minoxidil does is increase the flow to hair follicles. If you are already balding, chances are even you non balding areas are soon to take a hit. So some that get on minoxidil for a few years and then stop may notice that the previously non balding area is now balding and they panic. However you were probably already balding anyway from that area.

I would say get on minoxidil as early as possible and apply to the full top of the head. If you don't want use minoxidil, your next best option will be an fue transplant.

I don't think there is any scientific evidence that says minoxidil can make hairless worse over 6 months. Some won't respond to it however those that do may well have a shed and recover all and more hair than before. Just have to stick with it for 6 months.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Good to see some nice results continuing in this thread.

Reason i'm commenting specifically on this one is cause you have a similar patter of loss to me. I'm also almost at 6 months and hair is growing in exactly like yours. Month to month i keep noticing subtle changes in thickness.

I still think the million dollar question is can we keep compounding on results indefinitely. In that case (sort of like chen's) hopefully we can continue to improve as long as we keep up with rolling. Excited to see myself as i get to December (that would be a full year)

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still think the million dollar question is can we keep compounding on results indefinitely. In that case (sort of like chen's) hopefully we can continue to improve as long as we keep up with rolling. Excited to see myself as i get to December (that would be a full year)

My thoughts exactly. I am optimistic but yet still cautious...

dark souls

My Regimen
Reaction score

Looks like your hair got worse until the last month, were you finally got regrowth. How are your temples? I am 2 months in and I feel like I have better density over all but my temples look a bit worse. I will update next week with pictures when I got a haircut for better comparison.

kirklandism

Reaction score
I am seeing new regrowth!!!!!
51 years old, NW6. Since the end of February, I have been consistently dermastamping with a 1.5 mm stamp every 3 days and twice daily applications of minoxidil. I just recently added finasteride and nizoral. While I am reluctant to post my pics because the regrowth is minimal and is hard to fully capture on camera, there is no question that my hair is growing back in again, starting from the most recently lost. The existing terminal hairs (of which there were a few) in the balding area started to grow thicker. That was followed by the presence of thin but clearly evident terminal hairs that were starting to show up where I haven't seen them for years. The feel of my hair is also evidence to me, at least, that regrowth is happening. There is no question that this treatment works! I would just say to those who are not yet responding, a more frequent wounding session might be necessary and patience!

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This thread moves very fast so I’m not sure if my previous comment got buried in the conversation. Does anyone know of people who recovered from possible shedding from the needling?

I say possible shedding because I’m not sure wether I’m just being paranoid or I shed a decent amount at my hairline. I tend to bleed easily, especially at my hairline area and temples so I’m kind of worried I’m doing some damage.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like your hair got worse until the last month, were you finally got regrowth. How are your temples? I am 2 months in and I feel like I have better density over all but my temples look a bit worse. I will update next week with pictures when I got a haircut for better comparison.

There was a time period in between where I was shedding ALOT for about 2 months, much more than i normally do. And then as if out of no where, it seemed like my hair regrow back thicker. Interestingly, this is exactly what happened the first time I went on minoxidil 5 years ago.

I've never had too much issue with my temples, but there is clear growth there as well.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
592A84CA-F17A-45BA-B35E-1DA0763829A0.jpeg
D5D0883A-3E47-494D-AFA1-06E03E63F0B9.jpeg
90A7E037-60C5-4846-8DBE-BE628A4ED4C6.jpeg
So, I recently purchased a usb microscope to see microneedling is actually doing anything and growing any new hairs ... and after 5 sessions 1x a week I checked today and noticed new baby follicles in what looks to be holes created from the needling.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 121503 View attachment 121504 View attachment 121505 So, I recently purchased a usb microscope to see microneedling is actually doing anything and growing any new hairs ... and after 5 sessions 1x a week I checked today and noticed new baby follicles in what looks to be holes created from the needling.
Buddy, please don't take this personal as I will tell you this as a friendly advice. Whenever you provide pictures as "evidence" for backing your claims of progress, you must have a before and after pic, otherwise, posting several pics of only your current state doesn't tell anything. Not even super-magnified pictures like those ones are informative, on the contraire, in the absence of a "before" pic for comparison, they can be quite deceitful, because they show very thin hair coming out of the skin which might actually been there miniaturizing for a long time, but as you never saw it, you might think they are actually new.

I'd tell you to save this pics, and then take more in 3-6 months to compare, cause with the ones you got, nothing can be said.

Cheers and I really hope you get some nice results

CapiLarry

Reaction score
View attachment 121503 View attachment 121504 View attachment 121505 So, I recently purchased a usb microscope to see microneedling is actually doing anything and growing any new hairs ... and after 5 sessions 1x a week I checked today and noticed new baby follicles in what looks to be holes created from the needling.

your pics will be more helpful if you find a mole or marking to use as a reference point. While your pics are cool - they could be more informative for sure. Since your one of the few posting magnified pics -- it'll be cool to track your progress. good luck.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buddy, please don't take this personal as I will tell you this as a friendly advice. Whenever you provide pictures as "evidence" for backing your claims of progress, you must have a before and after pic, otherwise, posting several pics of only your current state doesn't tell anything. Not even super-magnified pictures like those ones are informative, on the contraire, in the absence of a "before" pic for comparison, they can be quite deceitful, because they show very thin hair coming out of the skin which might actually been there miniaturizing for a long time, but as you never saw it, you might think they are actually new.

I'd tell you to save this pics, and then take more in 3-6 months to compare, cause with the ones you got, nothing can be said.

Cheers and I really hope you get some nice results

Valid and fair points you make. Noted.

I also considered that the hairs may be native hairs growing or miniaturized but this was in an area on my temples that had long ago lost hair and I compared how the skin surrounding native follicles looked compared to these and I concluded that the follicles were formed and growing from circular punch from the needles. This 1st photo may not show it but the photos after the hairs are emerging from created protrusions, in my opinion.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your pics will be more helpful if you find a mole or marking to use as a reference point. While your pics are cool - they could be more informative for sure. Since your one of the few posting magnified pics -- it'll be cool to track your progress. good luck.

Also valid and fair points. Also noted.

Thanks, will try and document better with reference points if I can. I am just excited that this seems to be new hair in areas on my temples that lost hair long ago and they seem to be emerging from the circular punch of the needles, but will continue tracking.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, you are right. I got some Rogaine foam cos i remember i did not like the liquid last time. I wanted to buy more from start but they only had 1 tube left on stock, i will buy some more soon... I'm trying to avoid as much as i can a hair transplant because they are not 100% natural, especially the frontal line, you must find a very, very, very good doctor who has some skill in it, you must spend some good money and you must have some luck also like in everything in this f*****g life... I am very documented about it and hair loss in general, i am very impressed about Chen's results but not only and of some guys that are using Propecia also, but i'm not willing to use Finasteride, it's too much of a risk, and it would be useful in a transplant also, at least some months or maybe a year after you do it, or even some months before to stabilize the loss...

It's fucked up but i'l try to do 0.75 daily light dermarolling with minoxidil, i will stick with it religiously and see what happens, if it works maybe in some time CB will be on the market and we will have something at least to maintain without any noticeable or dangerous risks or sides... If not we will see, my opinion that a hair transplant is the closest thing we have now and even if it's expensive you get rid of a part of treatments, you can easily maintain it with some good anti DHT shampoos and some minoxidil at least for a couple of years if you are lucky... I saw some great hair transplants around here and on the hair restoration forum and i have a great hair transplant surgeon in my country also but i'm gonna keep this as a last measure, i'l give this a try, Chen and that other guy that went from Norwood 7 to Norwood 2 impressed me too much to not try it at least...

Thank you guys and good luck, i will keep you posted about my progress also but i'm not gonna start the shedding paranoia i will leave it be and see you in a couple of months at least...

What country are you from? As you can buy kirkland minoxidil foam online and it's cheaper than rogaine.

Also a lot of hair transplant surgeons now give a very good hairline especially if they do micro fue which gives much better results.

If you can afford a hair transplant, I would say go for it. Get the main areas fixed and the rest you can maintain and improve with minoxidil.

If you are not going to use finasteride long term, then there's no point taking it for the short term before or after a hair transplant. As anything you gained from it will go after some time anyway.

minoxidil however is generally side effect free you can use it long term.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks for posting your results... unfortunately Im not sure if this is working for you, your last picture the lighting is very different to the before image, so its difficult to tell but from the picture second to the last the lighting is a little more similar to the before picture and really they look very much the same if not the before image looking infact slightly better. I hope it all changes for you though, you never know it could be a delayed effect and you'll see results soon so its worth keeping it up. I always advise to try adding keto cream also.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a time period in between where I was shedding ALOT for about 2 months, much more than i normally do. And then as if out of no where, it seemed like my hair regrow back thicker. Interestingly, this is exactly what happened the first time I went on minoxidil 5 years ago.

I've never had too much issue with my temples, but there is clear growth there as well.

That’s reassuring my man! I’ve been needling consistently (once or twice a week at 1.5-1.75 fast on the D2) and i noticed some shedding and thinness in my hairline and temples. It really freaks me out.

The thing is, I tend to bleed easily even when backing off the pressure a lot. Here’s a pic of my typical wounding level right after needling https://imgur.com/a/PoFqfGy

Do you experience similar wounding ?

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your results... unfortunately Im not sure if this is working for you, your last picture the lighting is very different to the before image, so its difficult to tell but from the picture second to the last the lighting is a little more similar to the before picture and really they look very much the same if not the before image looking infact slightly better. I hope it all changes for you though, you never know it could be a delayed effect and you'll see results soon so its worth keeping it up. I always advise to try adding keto cream also.

It's actually not a change in lighting, its moreso a change in angle giving that effect, hence my comment. I also think, that my hair has gotten thicker, which means less light reflection from the scalp and therefore its perceived as more dark. The settings were exactly the same in all pics, taken at the same time of day, in the same room with the same light, with the exception of the first one which was taken in a different room.

Last edited:

meolsac

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was gonna say, normally people do Before / After as in Left Before Right After. But to me it seemed obvious that the left had more hair sprouting up in your photos.

Stick with it, if finasteride doesnt give you any sides, maybe consider bumping to 1mg or at least doing minoxidil twice a day.

How hard are you rolling? How much blood draw if any?

Btw, when I started I was similar to you. Attached photo of 1 month into treatment "grown out" and a photo from a few days ago, 1 year into treatment. There were many long months in the beginning where I saw some progress but when you are living it every day it just seems like it doesn't change or gets worse. Photos help. Luck helps. But it looks like you are responding even with 0.5mg finasteride and 1x / day minoxidil, so keep it up!! Good luck to you. Reversing norwoods is possible even at the worst norwood.

View attachment 121224 View attachment 121223

What is your plan to maintain your results? Do you plan to keep your actual regime for life ?