Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still here. Still growing. Going through a bit of a shed from the smaller hairs right now but the long ones have not fallen out at all. I think this is a good thing. Hope those little dudes come back terminal.

My actual hair length is longer than I could ever have thought was possible. I am diffused a bit on the front and crown but not in the middle.

The interesting thing to me is: When I started balding, I never diffused but my hair itself was noticeably growing slower and maxed out shorter on the front and crown than on the sides and top-middle. Now that I am growing it back, it is the same thing but in reverse. The top-middle is growing out longer and faster than the front and crown. (Sides obviously never had any trouble growing).

male pattern baldness is progressive and apparently regressive in the same pattern. If this keeps up I think eventually my front and crown will start growing at a normal rate. Not sure about the diffusing though. Hoping this shed comes back denser in a few months.

I will update again at the 18 month mark. Am only a few days removed from my true 1 year mark even though I posted 1 year pics like 3 weeks ago.
Did you also start finasteride and min a year ago?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mi

minoxidil will give you a shed. That I think is a sign of a responder. Keep using it daily and things will improve. It starts a new cycle of the hair follicle and you should see results. Same happened to me.

I use minoxidil once a day and cover all of my head.
Yes this is true I shed loads first few weeks but kept at it. First pic is when i had the big shed about 4 weeks in I think

Attachments

• 20190615_190828.jpg
    20190615_190828.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 739
  • 20190615_190234.jpg
    20190615_190234.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 705

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not sure wether I’m just being paranoid, if this is normal hairloss (even though I’m on the big 3), or if the needling is making me lose more hair. I’m noticing my hairline looks a little thinned out lately

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, guys. Why are you trying to beat baldness? It's impossible...
How is it impossible ya flute!
I’m not sure wether I’m just being paranoid, if this is normal hairloss (even though I’m on the big 3), or if the needling is making me lose more hair. I’m noticing my hairline looks a little thinned out lately
It has happened a few users. Not sure if it’s a good thing.

sticksman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought the same way having tried scalp massage, minoxidil (on its own) onion juice, inversion, supplements etc but not only do I think its beatable I think huge numbers of people are seeing these results and having success; just not documenting it.
The stigma attached to hairloss means many successes wont be broadcast on youtube or forums. Its why people dont use real names and selfies.
Thats why this thread is so important.

meolsac

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was gonna say, normally people do Before / After as in Left Before Right After. But to me it seemed obvious that the left had more hair sprouting up in your photos.

Stick with it, if finasteride doesnt give you any sides, maybe consider bumping to 1mg or at least doing minoxidil twice a day.

How hard are you rolling? How much blood draw if any?

Btw, when I started I was similar to you. Attached photo of 1 month into treatment "grown out" and a photo from a few days ago, 1 year into treatment. There were many long months in the beginning where I saw some progress but when you are living it every day it just seems like it doesn't change or gets worse. Photos help. Luck helps. But it looks like you are responding even with 0.5mg finasteride and 1x / day minoxidil, so keep it up!! Good luck to you. Reversing norwoods is possible even at the worst norwood.

View attachment 121224 View attachment 121223

First, you have to know that your results was one of my main inspiration, so, thank you.

For the preview, you are right lol, I dunno what's happened.

I planned to pass to 1mg of finasteride soon, I just wanted to know what's happen with a lower dose. Same reason for min

About the blood, some pin points of blood, not that much. Mainly reddish.

Last edited:

CapiLarry

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud -- does anybody have any thoughts on whether microneedling actually extends the time that minoxidil is effective.

if it usually reaches peak effectiveness around 12 months and is less effective at 24 months. Does anybody think that the mechanism is sufficiently improved with microneedling to extend or prolong its effective timeline?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mi

minoxidil will give you a shed. That I think is a sign of a responder. Keep using it daily and things will improve. It starts a new cycle of the hair follicle and you should see results. Same happened to me.

I use minoxidil once a day and cover all of my head.
I had no shed yet responded well

INT

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud -- does anybody have any thoughts on whether microneedling actually extends the time that minoxidil is effective.

if it usually reaches peak effectiveness around 12 months and is less effective at 24 months. Does anybody think that the mechanism is sufficiently improved with microneedling to extend or prolong its effective timeline?

That is the millon dollar question.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m curious to hear from people who had shedding from needling. Did you eventually recover?

I’m thinking of stopping for a while, or toning it down a lot, to like 1 mm or so

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am at that point at where i think that only a hair transplant would save me but after i saw that Cehn's guy results it makes me wonder what if ?

Should i buy Rogaine and start using it ? I have a 0.75 dermaroller i would want to use it like him, 2 times a day rolling but softly cos it hurts anyways and 2 time a day rogaine foam cos i don't like the liquid one, what do you guys think ?

I tried it a year ago without rolling, the liquid minoxidil 5% and in 2 weeks it filled my crown but started shedding hard in the front, i panicked and stopped it and i lost a lot of ground until now....

What do you guys think i need some advice and i think you guys are the ones who can give it...
Do it. Out of 3 people who have tried the everyday frequency that we are aware of, 2 have had success. I am trying it but I started very recently so I still can't tell if this is working. Definitely give this a try for a year before deciding whether a transplant is the way to go or not.

sticksman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do it. Out of 3 people who have tried the everyday frequency that we are aware of, 2 have had success. I am trying it but I started very recently so I still can't tell if this is working. Definitely give this a try for a year before deciding whether a transplant is the way to go or not.
I've had success gently rolling everyday. 1mm although might try a couple of days rest soon as regeneration of follicles must need some time to heal. I would also say that possibly buy liquid not foam as it is absorbed better apparently.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My only worry is that the hair starts to be minoxidil dependent and i am afraid to lose more because of this.. I mean you guys spread the minoxidil on the whole head even on the zones where your not loosing it ? If you stop sometimes the whole hair will fall or what is the deal with this dependency, anybody knows ?
DHT insensitive hairs will probably grow thicker with minoxidil but that's it. the same as with beard. nobody losses their beard permanently if stops using minoxidil for beard lol.