Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m thinking about getting a dermalen. If Anyone has the time could you post a link to the dermalen you are using? Thanks!

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
How come the recommended period for the face treatment is 3-4 weeks for +1mm? Is the skin on the scalp different? Thanks
Probably different sensitivity. But one thing's for sure, we had a lot of members like numberguy getting great results with a waiting period of 7-10 days.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZLulic - Most people are going off of the studies which ranged between 1 to 2 week intervals. You're right though - most reading about micro needling (on esthetician/spa sites for face/etc) seems to indicate 3 to 4 week downtime between sessions.

Last edited:

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZLulic - Most people are going off of the studies which ranged between 1 to 2 week intervals. You're right though - most reading about micro needling (on esthetician/spa sites for face/etc) seems to indicate 3/4 week downtime between sessions.

I am wondering what is the best time period? The studies were done with intervals between 1 and 2 weeks as you say. But we dont know if results would have been superior with time intervals as recommended by general esthetician sites.
An added problem is that each individual responds differently. Its frustrating....

coolio

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there was some optional needle size that was known to take 25% longer, but carried far less risk of scalp damage, wouldn't you take that deal? I would.

Err on the side of longer intervals if you're not sure. Keep your scalp safer. There is no critical need to nail the absolutely shortest possible window between sessions.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 week update- still trucking on. I think im beginning to see a crop of thin new hairs on my hairline. But in general i think ive maintained. Still waiting to properly figure out how im doing.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there was some optional needle size that was known to take 25% longer, but carried far less risk of scalp damage, wouldn't you take that deal? I would.

Err on the side of longer intervals if you're not sure. Keep your scalp safer. There is no critical need to nail the absolutely shortest possible window between sessions.

Yep...1mm a fortnight is enough for me!

Hairo

My Regimen
Reaction score
my 4 month update, really not sure if i have anything positive to report so far. In fact things could be worst, really struggling to get same position and lighting for photos. Also does anyone else sneeze when dermapening?!? Its getting a little overwhelming!

Attachments

• 4 month.jpg
    4 month.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 598

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my 4 month update, really not sure if i have anything positive to report so far. In fact things could be worst, really struggling to get same position and lighting for photos. Also does anyone else sneeze when dermapening?!? Its getting a little overwhelming!

Looks the same to me. Thought pic 4 is the worst at first but i realized it's because of the positon of your head. (head is a little bit more tilted which shows more of the crown)

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks the same to me. Thought pic 4 is the worst at first but i realized it's because of the positon of your head. (head is a little bit more tilted which shows more of the crown)
The front of his head looks most improved.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what other treatments do you take?
are you on minoxidil and finasteride as well?
If you cannot regrow with minoxidil/finasteride/derma then idk what to tell you.
fortunately your donor looks very thick, so why not go for a crown transplant?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my scalp feels WAY better after a dermaROLLER session than with the Derminator

Derminator does not take away the scalp itch...

but the dermaroller completely removes it.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Idk, looks like quite a bit of improvement to me... The edges of the bald spots are more filled, the center part is more filled, the bald parts are smaller in circumference.

And thats exactly how regrowth is to be expected...

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, seems there is no cosmetic progress in the crown yet. How is your frontal area doing? Are you seeing an improvement there? Seems like your crown has been gone for a long time, and that would partially explain the lack of early response.
Please keep needling for a year at least. Just remember PrettyFly.
Honestly, it is sad to see so many non-responders in this thread, but I have to be reminded that it is still early to have a definite conclusion given that most of us have sworn to stick to it for a full year.
What is somewhat disappointing for me is that at this point we don't seem to have replicated the first Indian study of Dhurat et alm (2013),in terms of proportion of responders. I mean, in that study, apparently EVERY subject improved at the 3 month mark. This doesn't seem to be the case here..... But we'll, that is what a trial is done for, to test or re-test stuff. Let's see what keeps happening for the rest of the year.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, seems there is no cosmetic progress in the crown yet. How is your frontal area doing? Are you seeing an improvement there? Seems like your crown has been gone for a long time, and that would partially explain the lack of early response.
Honestly, it is sad to see so many non-responders in this thread, but I have to be reminded that it is still early to have a definite conclusion given that most of us have sworn to stick to it for a full year.
What is somewhat disappointing for me is that at this point we don't seem to have replicated the first Indian study of Dhurat et alm (2013),in terms of proportion of responders. I mean, in that study, apparently EVERY subject improved at the 3 month mark. This doesn't seem to be the case here..... But we'll, that is what a trial is done for, to test or re-test stuff. Let's see what keeps happening for the rest of the year.

I mean, come on, man, how is that disheartening.. even PROVEN treatments Finasteride/Dutasteride/Cypro/minoxidil often yield very little results for slick bald areas. There are users on here who take full tranny regimens with cypro/dutasteride/estrogen/oral minoxidil and still do not see any improvement

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

more than half of non responders in this thread are not even using minoxidil

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, come on, man, how is that disheartening.. even PROVEN treatments Finasteride/Dutasteride/Cypro/minoxidil often yield very little results for slick bald areas. There are users on here who take full tranny regimens with cypro/dutasteride/estrogen/oral minoxidil and still do not see any improvement

Agreed here.

Been reading since the beggining of the thread and I’d def say you have more guys responding than not. Obviously we have our super responders.... but patience is what’s required.

Again it’s still early. Especially if people aren’t using minoxidil. And especially in slick bald areas. It’s going to take longer.

To me this needling thing needs to be done indefinitely. (even once per month long term). I think it’s power lies in being consistent. Compounding on results and maintaining them long term. Something other treatments don’t provide.