Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is that minoxidil will not mantain gains in the long term, whether its absorbtion is boosted or not. So, if needling everyday is just boosting minoxidil absorbtion, we should see greater regrowth in the first months of usage compared to the non-needling minoxidil users and eventually the loss of gains, but we certainly shouldn't expect the prolonged regrowth that is observed in Chen's case. He's been keeping his gains and he continues to see progress even after 3 years. No individual has displayed such a feat on minoxidil. No one.

461/5000

Look, I have to explain something to you.
the baldness and condition of your body so these new hairs will fall.
the question is that these new hairs enter the normal growth cycle so hopefully after 2 years of growth they will last their normal cycle 3 to 5 years and fall.
but as I am always stimulating the scalp, after the fall new wires will turn instead of nothing.
every hair that we have falls even when the person does not have the baldness.
so if the person wants to use minoxidil does not make any difference.
can stimulate by the method of 1.5 or 2.0 every 10 days. still these hairs will fall because they have fallen before.
You can not beat calvice.
What we can do is stimulate our hair to grow again

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is also a matter of practicality. I think it's a problem for most of us in our social lives if our head is visibly wounded everyday.
I can assure you that no one will be able to realize this.
but everyone will notice that their hair has grown.
I do not use dermaroller until bleeding, not bleeding, only use for 5 or a maximum of 10 minutes. if 1.0 is very strong use 0.75 or up to 0.5 to see which one fits you best.

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely. It would be a pain in the *** doing it everyday. However, I would say it is worth a try (if it is eventually proved that dsyly needling is more effective) if in the long run people don't respond at all to the weekly regimen.
What I would do is try the weekly regime for 1 to 1. 5 years, if results are poor, then I would try the daily regimen. If I achieve my goals, I would get to weekly sessions again for mantainance. Of course, assuming that gains are maintained when frequency is lowered once again.

Doing it daily for life is something that 99% of people wouldn't definitely do (including myself).
calvice is condition of your body
this method you can use for years. it takes 20 minutes a day, 10 in the morning and 10 at night to get your hair back
or you grow hair or become bald

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seventh or eighth session in. Hurt like a son of a b**ch at 1.75mm last night.

There’s got to be a better way to log. Okay google docs here I come.

I’m not sure whether I’m getting growth or not. Nothing cosmetic at the moment to report yet - but I’m not complaining.

However. Chen’s post made my day. And I plan on starting minoxidil in April after my holiday.

Hopefully just stamping by then has strengthened my hair and I’ve minimised the risks of a shed.

Oh and I’ve started taking anti-inflammatory pills right after and the following morning. If there is any chance that needling causes more inflammation hopefully that is a good counter measure.
I'm sure this should hurt a lot, but if you do it the way I do, you can use needles of 0.5, 0.75 or 1.0 and for a lot less time, I do for 5 to 10 minutes at the most.
and I can guarantee that it does not hurt so much and it's a bother
I do watching video on youtube
what do you think?

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think wounding for maitenance and wounding for growth are definitely going to be different.Considering I’m one of the studies the guys stopped for a couple months and maintained. As well as 2young maintaining I’d say this is a def possibility.

Wounding for regrowth - obviously More often

For maitenance - I think maybe once a month could suffice. Prevent cell death and fibrosis.

I also think it’s positive people are getting results using different timeframes between needling. A lot of variables still to consider.
I agree with you
when I recover all my hair I intend to slow down to 1 time a day or every 2 days but without taking the daily massages
What makes hair grow is the constant flow of blood if it stimulates once a month I have no doubt that all hair falls

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for being dim. Sooooooo needling and min cause growth yup... even if Minoxidil effects ware off the needling may retain that hair despite its effects waring off.

Anyway I felt strangely optimist after reading your last posts.
I believe that during the growth phase of the hair, maybe 1 to 2 years, the hair needs to be stimulated if it falls, then it may continue during the normal cycle of life and fall after 3 to 5 years
but always stimulating, the follicles can make them grow again.
all hair, even those who do not have baldness fall. the difference is that the follicles always make new wires born without us noticing

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
chen is on minoxidil + finasteride though
I use minoxidil always.
finasteride was only after the doctor's recommendation and only went to the doctor after 1 year
the hair has always grown without finasteride, I use finasteride to maintain the hair but to grow use the minoxidil and dermaroller

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results chen. Do you use any sort of disinfectant before/after like betadine ir something else?
I do not use anything but the correct and safe way to use it.
I do not do it until I bleed and use smaller needles and for a short time, 5 to 10 minutes and only I move and use, I have less concern about infections

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
staff this method works
the boring and do it every day but I will keep it until I regain all my hair so I will just stop in 2022 and then go on to use 1 time a day or every 2 days keeping the daily massages
without having a good flow of blood on the scalp will not grow hair and nor keep the ones I already have
still has a lot of hair to recover
who has baldness can not stop with the method because the baldness is permanent but your hair has a life cycle, it will fall one hour so it is always necessary to stimulate growth
or choose the easiest way, to get bald
There is no cure for baldness.

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
for all who care about doing this for the rest of their lives
understand one thing.
baldnes and a permanent condition of the body, there will not be any drug that ends with it.
What may arise is only constant use remedies equal to those who do hormone treatment, supplement or equal to finasteride but nothing will end with the baldness
even using lotions, shampoos, oils, you all know that they can not stop and sometimes it costs even more
and worse the drug that comes up will be so more expensive than the allowances that many will spend much more than they spend today because it will be of exclusive patent.
the hair surgery costs a fortune and does not put new hair, it removes hair from a place to put elsewhere
this method is a cheap, quick and practical method to take for years.
no brand, no sale of anything and only depends on you and will return the hair that you lost

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not know if I explained it right.
I pass dermaroller and minoxidil across the head to stimulate all hair and not just what I want to recover
I suggest cutting short hair from time to time, makes it easy to pass the dermaroller
As you can see I was a bald Norwood 4
good luck to all

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seventh or eighth session in. Hurt like a son of a b**ch at 1.75mm last night.

There’s got to be a better way to log. Okay google docs here I come.

I’m not sure whether I’m getting growth or not. Nothing cosmetic at the moment to report yet - but I’m not complaining.

However. Chen’s post made my day. And I plan on starting minoxidil in April after my holiday.

Hopefully just stamping by then has strengthened my hair and I’ve minimised the risks of a shed.

Oh and I’ve started taking anti-inflammatory pills right after and the following morning. If there is any chance that needling causes more inflammation hopefully that is a good counter measure.
What anti inflammatory pills are you using? Thanks

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So Chen is basically following a regimen very similar to Somebody (Alex), with the difference being that Chen added finasteride way after needling, and he was already getting regrowth before finasteride.

This can really give hope to the ones that do not respond at the 1 year mark. I hope we can all respond in the long term with our once a week regime, but if not, at least we have another method to try before losing the battle.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And this is the result after 2 years.
The line of head is most dificult to regrowth I guess I will take more 3 years to grow all my hair back
Fantastic results, man. They gotta be up there with the greatest; you regrew hair on a slick bald area.
This is great! We need more documented cases of long time needling.
Thank you for joining us. Your post gave us great insight and motivation.
I'd wish you good luck, but... Well, looks like it's working for ya, haha.

jh0nnyc4sh

Reaction score
I do not know if I explained it right.
I pass dermaroller and minoxidil across the head to stimulate all hair and not just what I want to recover
I suggest cutting short hair from time to time, makes it easy to pass the dermaroller
As you can see I was a bald Norwood 4
good luck to all

Chen do you use a dermaroller or a dermastamp? . What do You think is the best tool?

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’m getting ready to do another needle session, I’m brushing through my hair pretty aggressively and it’s snowing in my bathroom.. flakes all over the place. This is going to be my third session, is it normal for skin to flake like that when needling?

As a side note, I’ve never had dandruff a day in my life

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
staff this method works
the boring and do it every day but I will keep it until I regain all my hair so I will just stop in 2022 and then go on to use 1 time a day or every 2 days keeping the daily massages
without having a good flow of blood on the scalp will not grow hair and nor keep the ones I already have
still has a lot of hair to recover
who has baldness can not stop with the method because the baldness is permanent but your hair has a life cycle, it will fall one hour so it is always necessary to stimulate growth
or choose the easiest way, to get bald
There is no cure for baldness.

You used a bad wording. Not that baldness is permanent but is progressive if it's not being constantly adressed.

As for frequency. It might be too dangerous to dermaroll everyday twice a day. I have in mind studies from 2011 how they link wounding to form tumors originating from neighboring hair follicles. As microneedling is performed at clinics at 1-2 weeks to a month intervals and is considered perfectly safe increasing to 14 times a week might be just balancing on a thin line.

Link to articles:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21321199

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21321207