Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
This is actually my wet dream that all these struggles will be paid off.
What gives me hope is that nunbern guy also had a big shedding the first 2 months.

Guys, shedding is not a good, its a GREAT sign. Something is happening because of the needling, it means your body is gonna prepare for some serious regrowth. This is what pretty much always happens, from my experience. And I have been coming to hairloss message boards for over a decade. So don't worry and just keep needling!

I had a lot of success with finasteride, I was able to maintain for over 10 years (and its still doing a fine job) with the stuff and I shedded like CRAZY when I started with the stuff.

Last edited:

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
The disappointment of some after not seeing results in the Indian study 3-month time frame is understandable. Many good points have already been raised about it and there are some more - let's try a "Brief History of Time" and hopefully raise some motivation :)

THE GOOD
SCI PROVEN: unlike many treatments here, needling is supported by 2+ SCI papers;
HUGE GAINS POSSIBLE: few treatments (if any) have the potential to generate the regrowth documented by HairLossTalk.com / BTT anecdotes:

@74775446 (NON-responder to minoxidil alone)
View attachment 112693

@layabout (NON-responder to minoxidil alone)
View attachment 112694

@PrettyFly (NON-responder to needling for almost a year)
View attachment 112695

@Ludachris Batbak
View attachment 112696

THE BAD
HI-EFFORT: needling requires substantial effort / pain, motivated only by results - no early results = quitting;
MANY UNKNOWNS: there are many needling parameters we do not know the optimal value of:
Device? Depth? Duration? Frequency? minoxidil immediately or later?
REPEATABILITY:
Studies = needling by a PRO = repeatable every-time for everybody;
HairLossTalk.com Trial = needling by John Smith = random depth, duration, frequency, topicals, supplements etc. -
probably the main reason we are not achieving the "everybody improves in 3 months" study result;

THE WAY FORWARD
The studies / anecdotes have proven needling efficacy - what we need to address is THE BAD above:

@EFFORT: those who'd quit due to the lack of results, it makes sense doing it the @sportsguy97 way:
scrap most effort & keep 1 monthly wounding - you stay in the game (a proven one) and long term might have more gains than we currently expect from such regimen;

@UNKNOWNS: there are so many it's intimidating, but we do have some data:
the best early responders cannot be doing much wrong - or they wouldn't respond (!)

Yes, we are all different - but their regimens are a good place to start with, tweaking (as little as possible) to our needs - i.e.:
DEVICE = Pen / Derminator (@layabout & @74775446 & @Ludachris Batbak); rollers and stamps work(@2young2retire), but are too painful for many to reach depth & intensity);
DEPTH = 1.5mm (studies & @layabout & @Ludachris Batbak; @74775446 = 2mm, but said "might not have reached full depth");
DURATION = approx. 7-12 min w/pen (@layabout & @74775446 mentioned similar times);
INTENSITY = redness & few blood spots (@layabout & @74775446);
FREQUENCY = 7-10 days (indian study, @layabout, @Ludachris Batbak, @74775446); less frequently might do the trick, but might require more time = more quitters (remember - Indian weekly study results are @3 months, but Chinese bi-weekly needling results are @6 months = twice the time);
minoxidil = earlier / better results (studies, @layabout, @Ludachris Batbak, @74775446): consider using if anxious / prone to quitting;
better not immediately after needling to avoid sides (indian study & @74775446 (5% Kirkland liquid) = 24h, @layabout (5% LipoGaine RED) = 4 h);
RINSING = tap water only / NO disinfectant (@74775446) - wonder if disinfectants on fresh wounds could tamper with needling benefits?;
SUPPLEMENTS = none @74775446 ("junk food") but had initial shed; @layabout no shed - wonder if due to supplements / nutrients availability (Biotin, D3 & K2, Proteins, B12, Omega-3):
www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/very-impressive-dermarolling-and-minxodil-results-from-tressless.117746/page-334#post-1766972

@REPEATABILITY: hopefully by keeping the parameters as consistent as possible with the ones (above) that have given the best early results, we are on our way to improvement too;

(BTW: most of the above is documented in the excellent @Bill_Russo FAQ thread:
www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/)

QUESTIONS FOR RESPONDERS

(1) RINSING: @layabout, @Ludachris Batbak, @2young2retire
After needling you use tap water only or/and something else?

(2) ROLLING MID WEEK: @layabout:
You have mentioned light rolling (w/o redness) mid-week between derminations gets rid of itch which Derminator doesn't - have you tried derminating e.g @0.25mm for same effect?
Do you do it also for minoxidil absorption / do you apply it straight after?

SUMMARY
There is no warranty for needling to work for everyone, but given the available data it sure looks one of our best bets available: so let's attack & wound that bald scalp at least once monthly - and Good Luck to you all! :)
Wow , great summary ...great job;)

About your Question... I do nothing immediately after needling..

Only some push ups because I feel a nice blood flow to my head...but that's nothing I would say that it's make a difference;)

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IM sure i watched this vid from 2010 to 2013 and it was roller prp doctor who never updated and yes i think it this prp hence the blood

Thank you for the video. The video I had this picture from was from a asian guy who was shilling his own dermapen. The picture was in his intro and uncommented.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The more I read the more I feel that recovery time is often too short. Derminator info states that with 1.5 mm the break should be three to four weeks. 1mm should be two weeks. I had a look in the Brazilian study those guys were treated monthly...from memory..

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ludachris Batbak
Do you happen to have a before pic that is not wet and with longer hair?

First taken in October with sunlight....( maybe after 4-6 Weeks with dermaroll..but not 100 % sure)

Second picture is long ago..maybe 1 year.. cant get a better one..but you see how much my hair thinned out

Attachments

• IMG_20181009_104305.jpg
    IMG_20181009_104305.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG-20170628-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20170628-WA0008.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 628

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the video. The video I had this picture from was from a asian guy who was shilling his own dermapen. The picture was in his intro and uncommented.
Lol did it get it right i recognized a hair loss pattern on someone from one still image in the vastness of the internet i need to get out more . im pretty sure prp is what make this a blood fest the date is scary Nov 8, 2011 like i said there are lot of vids on this scattered throughout the years get the feeling frequency was not stuck to on most due to cost. this vid would cost 50 to 100k a year on our program we are all doing . hair cell are doing this twice a week in their trial depth unknown

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First taken in October with sunlight....( maybe after 4-6 Weeks with dermaroll..but not 100 % sure)

Second picture is long ago..maybe 1 year.. cant get a better one..but you see how much my hair thinned out
Thanks. Nice, so it's definitely not just longer hair?

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score

like i said before in my mind its a combination of both things... because of the dermaroller my looked healthier and so i can grow it longer..but if you look up the " 1 year before pic" you can see that i was wearing very long hair and so i can say this is a big improvement...

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The more I read the more I feel that recovery time is often too short. Derminator info states that with 1.5 mm the break should be three to four weeks. 1mm should be two weeks. I had a look in the Brazilian study those guys were treated monthly...from memory..

that is in general and established for the FACE, not your scalp. I imagine for most people they set this as the consservative time interval because they have sensitive skin... a lot of guys here say they bleed profusely at barely 1mm (lol)

personally I get zero bleeding at 1.5mm which is why I go more often, plus my scalp is only sore for like 2 hours after the needling

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

jesus christ.

how can you look at his befores and think his hair could grow out from that to look like his after... without any regrowth?

like, I understand the need for skepticism, but it's like you guys just decided to turn off your brains and stick your heads in the sand like aspie kids

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that is in general and established for the FACE, not your scalp. I imagine for most people they set this as the consservative time interval because they have sensitive skin... a lot of guys here say they bleed profusely at barely 1mm (lol)

personally I get zero bleeding at 1.5mm which is why I go more often, plus my scalp is only sore for like 2 hours after the needling

Certainly, everybody responds differently. I am quite happy with my regimen.
But others who have zero success despite already high frequency should perhaps consider reducing frequency at one stage instead of increasing it further and further.
The trouble is that it takes months to see results. :(

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I needle at 1.5mm length and never bleed, just minor redness, not really noticeable at all. Does this mean I’m not doing it properly?

My existing hair seems thicker since I began but that could just be placebo.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
jesus christ.

how can you look at his befores and think his hair could grow out from that to look like his after... without any regrowth?

like, I understand the need for skepticism, but it's like you guys just decided to turn off your brains and stick your heads in the sand like aspie kids
I wasn't talking to you.
Why do you feel the need to reply to every post on this thread?
Btw, you have 0 regrowth also... just longer hair.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The disappointment of some after not seeing results in the Indian study 3-month time frame is understandable. Many good points have already been raised about it and there are some more - let's try a "Brief History of Time" and hopefully raise some motivation :)

THE GOOD
SCI PROVEN: unlike many treatments here, needling is supported by 2+ SCI papers;
CHEAP & SAFE: pens / stamps + hygiene = cheaper & safer than FUE / CB / RU / Cypro etc.;
HUGE GAINS POSSIBLE: few treatments (if any) have the potential to generate the regrowth documented by the best HairLossTalk.com / BTT responders:

@PrettyFly (NON-responder to needling for almost a year)
View attachment 112695

Excellent summary, thanks mate!
So was @PrettyFly just needling or was he using minoxidil as well?