Using Topical Dht Cream While On Finasteride Greatly Reduces Risk Of Penile Shrinkage Or Atrophy

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
Estrogens affects dramatically sexual functions, its peacefully accepted.(and couldnt be otherwise since estrogens affects testosterone and sexual precursors)
https://www.intechopen.com/books/es...n-the-sex-hormone-milieu-on-erectile-function
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26908066/
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/andr.12195
Androgen receptors bindings cannot be explained in few words just saying dht is more powerful than testosterone, which is true.
Its a matter of neurosteroids transmission, allopregnanolone (and androstenedione) are inhibited by finasteride and this is crucial to sexual functions.
(Medical ) dopamine agonists restore this imbalance, but this Gaba glutamate balance is very delicate and dopamine is quite addictive, must be treated carefully.
Personally, picamilon did the job but everything that crosses the brain barrier is good as well.

Did you read your own study before you posted it? The study you posted here says: "In the mature penis, estradiol modulates testosterone with the overall effect being detrimental to erectile function." Estrogen contributes to libido not erectile function!!! It does this by binding to regions of the brain associated with arousal. So estrogen plays a key role in arousal, but it does not make your dick get hard. Hopefully re-reading your own references will make that clear to you.

However, you can also read my post above in this thread (#70) that links a very clear experiment in rats.
1) They castrate the rats. Rats go impotent.
2) They give the rats testosterone + a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. This increases testosterone and estrogen, but blocks formation of DHT. The rats stay impotent. So increased estrogen and increased testosterone did not individually or together improve erectile function.
3) They give supplemental DHT. Instant rat boner.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you read your own study before you posted it? The study you posted here says: "In the mature penis, estradiol modulates testosterone with the overall effect being detrimental to erectile function." Estrogen contributes to libido not erectile function!!! It does this by binding to regions of the brain associated with arousal. So estrogen plays a key role in arousal, but it does not make your dick get hard. Hopefully re-reading your own references will make that clear to you.

However, you can also read my post above in this thread (#70) that links a very clear experiment in rats.
1) They castrate the rats. Rats go impotent.
2) They give the rats testosterone + a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. This increases testosterone and estrogen, but blocks formation of DHT. The rats stay impotent. So increased estrogen and increased testosterone did not individually or together improve erectile function.
3) They give supplemental DHT. Instant rat boner.

I said affects dramatically sexual functions -of course- in negative terms!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854098/
"Low testosterone and elevated estrogen increase the incidence of erectile dysfunction independently of one another. In the testes, spermatogenesis is modulated at every level by estrogen, starting with the hypothalamus-pituitary-gonadal axis, followed by the Leydig, Sertoli, and germ cells, and finishing with the ductal epithelium, epididymis, and mature sperm."
hope its clear. Bye

Last edited:

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
I said affects dramatically sexual functions -of course- in negative terms!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854098/
"Low testosterone and elevated estrogen increase the incidence of erectile dysfunction independently of one another. In the testes, spermatogenesis is modulated at every level by estrogen, starting with the hypothalamus-pituitary-gonadal axis, followed by the Leydig, Sertoli, and germ cells, and finishing with the ductal epithelium, epididymis, and mature sperm."
hope its clear. Bye

Okay we are on the same page. And I would say if you had given those rats testosterone + 5AR inhibitor + aromatase inhibitor it would not have changed the outcome. Testosterone displacing DHT in the erect penis diminishes function rather than enhancing it.

But I am not sure if anyone has done that experiment or not. And it would be great if you had a study.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay we are on the same page. And I would say if you had given those rats testosterone + 5AR inhibitor + aromatase inhibitor it would not have changed the outcome. Testosterone displacing DHT in the erect penis diminishes function rather than enhancing it.

But I am not sure if anyone has done that experiment or not. And it would be great if you had a study.
No it would not !

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i meant that T +5ar+ arom inhibitors would not have changed the outcome !
It is not clear what you mean. If you mean that the experiment with testosterone but no estrogen and no DHT would have given a different result, you should find the study that proves the claim.