Using Topical Dht Cream While On Finasteride Greatly Reduces Risk Of Penile Shrinkage Or Atrophy

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as I've taken finasteride I've regularly applied a small amount of DHT cream to my penis in order to keep the tissues flooded with life-giving DHT. Clinical studies have shown that 5a-reductase is present in the corpus cavernoseum's tissues, which comprise a large section of the penis. Reducing the amount of DHT in these tissues for long periods of time can cause atrophy and fibrosis to occur, as well as change the tissues' androgen receptor expression on a molecular level. By applying DHT cream in a manner that prevents the DHT from absorbing systematically, I can reduce DHT in the rest of my body while keeping my penis strong:)

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as I've taken finasteride I've regularly applied a small amount of DHT cream to my penis in order to keep the tissues flooded with life-giving DHT. Clinical studies have shown that 5a-reductase is present in the corpus cavernoseum's tissues, which comprise a large section of the penis. Reducing the amount of DHT in these tissues for long periods of time can cause atrophy and fibrosis to occur, as well as change the tissues' androgen receptor expression on a molecular level. By applying DHT cream in a manner that prevents the DHT from absorbing systematically, I can reduce DHT in the rest of my body while keeping my penis strong:)

Cool man! Great idea in my opinion. How's your hair with this routine?

I had the same idea and posted about it with some research supporting that perhaps there is justification to be afraid of penis shrinkage occurring here:

Androgen Deprivation Can Cause Penis Shrinkage

I can't get DHT cream from anywhere I've looked or tried, but I can get testosterone gel, so I'm going to use that. I just haven't gotten around to it because I've been too busy, and I'm a little afraid of the androgens going systemic. I once injected steroids for a few months to see what would happen and it naturally made my hair shed like crazy. I've always been a bit nervous about adding any androgens since. But I do think it's not a bad idea to get just a bit on the dick.

If you're comfortable, please PM me where you got the DHT cream as I'd rather that. A lot of guys use DHT gel for enhancing their penis enlargement routines too. Thanks.

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score

I had the same idea and posted about it with some research supporting that perhaps there is justification to be afraid of penis shrinkage occurring here:

I can't get DHT cream from anywhere I've looked or tried, but I can get testosterone gel, so I'm going to use that. I just haven't gotten around to it because I've been too busy, and I'm a little afraid of the androgens going systemic. I once injected steroids for a few months to see what would happen and it naturally made my hair shed like crazy. I've always been a bit nervous about adding any androgens since. But I do think it's not a bad idea to get just a bit on the dick.

If you're comfortable, please PM me where you got the DHT cream as I'd rather that. A lot of guys use DHT gel for enhancing their penis enlargement routines too. Thanks.

At this point, it’s not even a question in my mind whether or not finasteride can cause penile atrophy. There is an entire class action lawsuit against Merck with hundreds of individuals suffering from Propecia induced Peyronie’s disease. I’ve also read enough anecdotal horror stories of men permanently losing girth and length after long term finasteride use. Regarding T gel, this will not work because finasteride depletes the 5ar enzyme in all tissues, including the penis tissues. Adding T gel to the tissue without 5ar present will not allow any of the T to convert into DHT, which is what sustains the tissues’ integrity. If a small dab of bioidentical DHT gel is applied to the corpus cavernoseum (with gloves on to prevent hand absorption), the DHT should remain in those local tissues and dock to the local androgen receptors without entering the bloodstream. Any remaining gel on the skin after 20-30 minutes should be wiped off. I’ll DM you with the details

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point, it’s not even a question in my mind whether or not finasteride can cause penile atrophy. There is an entire class action lawsuit against Merck with hundreds of individuals suffering from Propecia induced Peyronie’s disease. I’ve also read enough anecdotal horror stories of men permanently losing girth and length after long term finasteride use. Regarding T gel, this will not work because finasteride depletes the 5ar enzyme in all tissues, including the penis tissues. Adding T gel to the tissue without 5ar present will not allow any of the T to convert into DHT, which is what sustains the tissues’ integrity. If a small dab of bioidentical DHT gel is applied to the corpus cavernoseum (with gloves on to prevent hand absorption), the DHT should remain in those local tissues and dock to the local androgen receptors without entering the bloodstream. Any remaining gel on the skin after 20-30 minutes should be wiped off. I’ll DM you with the details

Both testosterone and DHT can bind to the androgen receptor. It's just DHT binds 3-5 x more strongly. So testosterone could still prevent some penile atrophy, even without converting to DHT, but it would be a much weaker approach. You think DHT is that much more critical to penis maintenance than test even if someone's not on a 5-AR inhibitor?

I'm not actually using finasteride. I'm using topical darolutamide on my scalp. Daro is an ultra-powerful androgen receptor antagonist. It doesn't change DHT levels. It just blocks all androgens (test & DHT) from the androgen receptors. Most of it goes to my scalp, but some goes into my blood from there too. I think there's definitely a risk of atrophy over time from the amount that is likely going systemic. It's not something I worry about day to day, but it's definitely something I need to get on top of.

I have figuredd any amount of topical androgen I can add to my dick would probably offer some benefits (whether test or DHT). Do you think it is that much more critical that it should be DHT? It's just harder for me to source the DHT where I am...

Thanks. Also, what happens if you don't wipe the DHT gel off after 30 minutes?

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both testosterone and DHT can bind to the androgen receptor. It's just DHT binds 3-5 x more strongly. So testosterone could still prevent some penile atrophy, even without converting to DHT, but it would be a much weaker approach. You think DHT is that much more critical to penis maintenance than test even if someone's not on a 5-AR inhibitor?

I'm not actually using finasteride. I'm using topical darolutamide on my scalp. Daro is an ultra-powerful androgen receptor antagonist. It doesn't change DHT levels. It just blocks all androgens (test & DHT) from the androgen receptors. Most of it goes to my scalp, but some goes into my blood from there too. I think there's definitely a risk of atrophy over time from the amount that is likely going systemic. It's not something I worry about day to day, but it's definitely something I need to get on top of.

I have figuredd any amount of topical androgen I can add to my dick would probably offer some benefits (whether test or DHT). Do you think it is that much more critical that it should be DHT? It's just harder for me to source the DHT where I am...

Thanks. Also, what happens if you don't wipe the DHT gel off after 30 minutes?

Testosterone is primarily responsible for the building of muscle tissues, while DHT is more responsible for secondary sex characteristics. Yes, DHT is more important in the maintenance of genital tissues than testosterone, several clinical studies I’ve read have shown this, I’ll try to locate them and post here. Males born with 5ar enzyme deficiency but perfect testosterone levels have severely underdeveloped penises, and DHT cream is actually the foremost treatment for them. Female-to-male transsexuals also apply DHT to their genitals to enlarge them. Any DHT gel applied to the penis should absorb immediately and dock to the local receptors, so gel remaining on the penis after 20 minutes will just be excess DHT leaking into the systemic bloodstream.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Testosterone is primarily responsible for the building of muscle tissues, while DHT is more responsible for secondary sex characteristics. Yes, DHT is more important in the maintenance of genital tissues than testosterone, several clinical studies I’ve read have shown this, I’ll try to locate them and post here. Males born with 5ar enzyme deficiency but perfect testosterone levels have severely underdeveloped penises, and DHT cream is actually the foremost treatment for them. Female-to-male transsexuals also apply DHT to their genitals to enlarge them. Any DHT gel applied to the penis should absorb immediately and dock to the local receptors, so gel remaining on the penis after 20 minutes will just be excess DHT leaking into the systemic bloodstream.

Awesome thanks. Good to know. Any DHT-dick studies you can find would be appreciated. :)

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will do. Btw, how did you end up choosing darolutamide? Are you having any negative sides?

Failed on finasteride for 1 year
Failed on dutasteride for 1 year
Failed (partially) on RU for 2 years
Tried spironolactone for a few weeks (couldn't handle it)
Tried cypro for a few weeks (couldn't handle it)

Looked for a powerful & clean androgen receptor antagonist, and found darolutamide which is new, cutting edge, ultrapotent, and doesn't cross the blood brain barrier. Been on it 6 months now and pretty happy. Only side effect is dry eyes if I use too much.

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Failed on finasteride for 1 year
Failed on dutasteride for 1 year
Failed (partially) on RU for 2 years
Tried spironolactone for a few weeks (couldn't handle it)
Tried cypro for a few weeks (couldn't handle it)

Looked for a powerful & clean androgen receptor antagonist, and found darolutamide which is new, cutting edge, ultrapotent, and doesn't cross the blood brain barrier. Been on it 6 months now and pretty happy. Only side effect is dry eyes if I use too much.
That’s awesome. I was actually planning to use bicalutamide a few months ago. I like the idea of simply blocking androgen receptors instead of nuking systemwide 5ar. I think Bica keeps DHT levels high as well as T levels. Have you looked into bicalutamide at all?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

How is DHT cream going to have an effect if you've blocked your androgen receptors?

How many free receptors do you have left?

Last edited:

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

0.25 mg of fina is enough for you ? that would be the max dose i would be willing to do

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.25 mg of fina is enough for you ? that would be the max dose i would be willing to do

The studies of finasteride dosage show that 0.20 mg/day is sufficient to reduce DHT levels in the serum and in the scalp.

It might be as low as 0.10 mg/day, but that dosage wasn't tested so we can't know.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The studies of finasteride dosage show that 0.20 mg/day is sufficient to reduce DHT levels in the serum and in the scalp.

It might be as low as 0.10 mg/day, but that dosage wasn't tested so we can't know.

interesting ! pretty good if it can help avoiding major sides too !

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
interesting ! pretty good if it can help avoiding major sides too !

We have no idea.

If the sides are due to DHT reduction, then reducing the dosage will do nothing. You're getting the same effects and the same side effects.

However, the side effects could be due to finasteride's actions in the brain or in other organs. If that is the case then the sides may be reduced, but we can't know as we don't know the dosage response curve of finasteride in the brain.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have no idea.

If the sides are due to DHT reduction, then reducing the dosage will do nothing. You're getting the same effects and the same side effects.

However, the side effects could be due to finasteride's actions in the brain or in other organs. If that is the case then the sides may be reduced, but we can't know as we don't know the dosage response curve of finasteride in the brain.

oh i see, but from your personnal experience with 0.25 mg a day versus sides.. how has it been ?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would one have to go to testosterone clinic in order to get DHT cream? If not, where is this being obtained?
Thanks

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would one have to go to testosterone clinic in order to get DHT cream? If not, where is this being obtained?
Thanks

The British pharmaceutical company that manufactured the only brand name DHT gel removed it from the market a few years ago.

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.25mg reduces the same amount of DHT in the blood as 1mg over time. The drug is so potent that even 0.1mg is now believed to have similar equipotency. The drug’s potency inclines on a steep curve from 0.01mg to 0.10mg. I am now using only 0.0625mg finasteride per day, but adding other treatments to my regime.