Using Topical Dht Cream While On Finasteride Greatly Reduces Risk Of Penile Shrinkage Or Atrophy

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started to show symptoms when I changed from generic 0.5mg dutasteride to 0.5mg avodart dutasteride. At first it seemed absurd but the urologist confirmed it to my face "with my patients, I recommend this rule, generic for hair, avodart for prostate". She was very well aware of how generics are inferior in concentration despite being labeled the same exact mg. No morning wood, balls very subtly shrinking, my penis started to bend, it was f*****g horrible. I started the following T boosters : Vitamin D 3000 iu/d, Zinc Gluconate 30mg/d, and Folic Acid 400 mcg/d. I also immediately returned to generic duta. As others pointed out, all symptoms are reversible, and now my penis is straight again after 6 weeks. This experience was absolutely terrifying and I myself wouldn't believe it if it would not had happened to me.

Murphyjenkins

My Regimen
Reaction score
So now finasteride shrinks your dick too ?

I've been on finasteride for the past 7+ years, never had erection problems or dick shrinkage during that time.

For the most of you guys it's all between your ears.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can obtain some of this stuff ? There is none available at allsaints clinic.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started to show symptoms when I changed from generic 0.5mg dutasteride to 0.5mg avodart dutasteride. At first it seemed absurd but the urologist confirmed it to my face "with my patients, I recommend this rule, generic for hair, avodart for prostate". She was very well aware of how generics are inferior in concentration despite being labeled the same exact mg. No morning wood, balls very subtly shrinking, my penis started to bend, it was f*****g horrible. I started the following T boosters : Vitamin D 3000 iu/d, Zinc Gluconate 30mg/d, and Folic Acid 400 mcg/d. I also immediately returned to generic duta. As others pointed out, all symptoms are reversible, and now my penis is straight again after 6 weeks. This experience was absolutely terrifying and I myself wouldn't believe it if it would not had happened to me.

Make sure that your Vitamin D is in liquid form. And if you want your T levels to really increase then take 5000 iu of D + 100 mg of Pycnogenol daily.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Make sure that your Vitamin D is in liquid form. And if you want your T levels to really increase then take 5000 iu of D + 100 mg of Pycnogenol daily.
hey man thanks for the info! I didn't know vitamin D existed in liquid form! I will research that. Pycnogenol looks good too.

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
Both testosterone and DHT can bind to the androgen receptor. It's just DHT binds 3-5 x more strongly. So testosterone could still prevent some penile atrophy, even without converting to DHT, but it would be a much weaker approach. You think DHT is that much more critical to penis maintenance than test even if someone's not on a 5-AR inhibitor?

In this study, they give testosterone + 5AR inhibitor to castrated rats, and erectile function is not restored. Giving DHT directly restores function.

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
The British pharmaceutical company that manufactured the only brand name DHT gel removed it from the market a few years ago.

In the US, can a compounding pharmacy make DHT gel with a prescription? Would any US doctor be willing to give such a prescription?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the US, can a compounding pharmacy make DHT gel with a prescription? Would any US doctor be willing to give such a prescription?

Compounding pharmacy can make it, but I doubt you will find a physician that will write the Rx.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In this study, they give testosterone + 5AR inhibitor to castrated rats, and erectile function is not restored. Giving DHT directly restores function.
of course it is not restored. testosterone + 5AR inhibitors cause a massive spyke in estrogens and increase side effects
there are not shortcuts in this matter
IF you suffer from dht and neurosteroids deprivation, you must restore the balance.

mvalley

Reaction score
So now finasteride shrinks your dick too ?

I've been on finasteride for the past 7+ years, never had erection problems or dick shrinkage during that time.

For the most of you guys it's all between your ears.

I think most of the finasteride side effects are imagined since men tend to lose hair around the time that they typically get ED or other sexual issues. That being said, DHT cream is used by F2M trans to grow their dicks. It's anecdotally less effective for older patients but it does lend some credibility to DHT being involved in penile size.

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
of course it is not restored. testosterone + 5AR inhibitors cause a massive spyke in estrogens and increase side effects

No, because there are multiple studies in PubMed showing estrogen level in men does not affect erectile function. The androgen receptors in the penis bind to DHT, which enables nitric oxide function. Testosterone will also bind, but it does not dramatically affect nitric oxide function through those receptors. You need the DHT for erectile function.

IF you suffer from dht and neurosteroids deprivation, you must restore the balance.

So what is your method to do that?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, because there are multiple studies in PubMed showing estrogen level in men does not affect erectile function. The androgen receptors in the penis bind to DHT, which enables nitric oxide function. Testosterone will also bind, but it does not dramatically affect nitric oxide function through those receptors. You need the DHT for erectile function.

So what is your method to do that?
Estrogens affects dramatically sexual functions, its peacefully accepted.(and couldnt be otherwise since estrogens affects testosterone and sexual precursors)
https://www.intechopen.com/books/es...n-the-sex-hormone-milieu-on-erectile-function
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26908066/
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/andr.12195
Androgen receptors bindings cannot be explained in few words just saying dht is more powerful than testosterone, which is true.
Its a matter of neurosteroids transmission, allopregnanolone (and androstenedione) are inhibited by finasteride and this is crucial to sexual functions.
(Medical ) dopamine agonists restore this imbalance, but this Gaba glutamate balance is very delicate and dopamine is quite addictive, must be treated carefully.
Personally, picamilon did the job but everything that crosses the brain barrier is good as well.

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Takes oral finasteride
Uses topical dht(that's going systemic anyway)

Please don't take the things said too seriously