Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate tsuji so much for delaying the haircloning with this funding BS . His holding a cure that can change our life :(

Totally bro.

He and the people around him have the opportunity to became filthy rich, become a hero to a large portion of the population, let their life's work come to fruition, create a scientific breakthrough and do something amazing for their country, but why do all that when you can also screw over some bald people! That is so much more fun!

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally bro.

He and the people around him have the opportunity to became filthy rich, become a hero to a large portion of the population, let their life's work come to fruition, create a scientific breakthrough and do something amazing for their country, but why do all that when you can also screw over some bald people! That is so much more fun!
The more likely situation is that they don't think the science will translate to humans as well as would be required and are using it to leverage other parts of their science platform at Riken with the hype around the pre-clinical work. That or Tsuji & co are egomaniacs that don't know how to do business.

It's the same thing that Samumed/Biosplice are doing with SM04554. Delaying results of the trial and rebranding/ shifting focus.

Last edited:

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The more likely situation is that they don't think the science will translate to humans as well as would be required and are using it to leverage other parts of their science platform at Riken with the hype around the pre-clinical work. That or Tsuji & co are egomaniacs that don't know how to do business.

It's the same thing that Samumed/Biosplice are doing with SM04554. Delaying results of the trial and rebranding/ shifting focus.

Forgive me for entering the speculation / amateur psychologist mode, but I suspect that Tsuji might not be money driven. People who excel in their profession are usually possess genuine passion, because Dollar / Yen signs in your eyes only get you that far. Add the honor driven culture of Japan, which I do not know enough about unfortunately, and I can imagine they would release the cure even if it would break even financially. Would your life feel complete if it would revolve around this research, while never being able to deliver the big promises? That is why I don't believe in scenario's where they need money and are totally unreasonable towards potential partners, thus resulting in no offers being made.

Also, they don't just look for one partner, but are open to a wide array of cooperations. You can explain that positively by suggesting that they have big plans and need a lot of assistance for those. Given that they haven't shown a PoC of it working in humans, I don't think they need partners for a mass rollout. I think they just, ehm, need a lot of assistance.

Again, hopefully, in time people will be able to laugh about this post given how wrong it was.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgive me for entering the speculation / amateur psychologist mode, but I suspect that Tsuji might not be money driven. People who excel in their profession are usually possess genuine passion, because Dollar / Yen signs in your eyes only get you that far. Add the honor driven culture of Japan, which I do not know enough about unfortunately, and I can imagine they would release the cure even if it would break even financially. Would your life feel complete if it would revolve around this research, while never being able to deliver the big promises? That is why I don't believe in scenario's where they need money and are totally unreasonable towards potential partners, thus resulting in no offers being made.

Also, they don't just look for one partner, but are open to a wide array of cooperations. You can explain that positively by suggesting that they have big plans and need a lot of assistance for those. Given that they haven't shown a PoC of it working in humans, I don't think they need partners for a mass rollout. I think they just, ehm, need a lot of assistance.

Again, hopefully, in time people will be able to laugh about this post given how wrong it was.
I didn't say he was money hungry. Scientific research is driven by hype and grants. People/governments/organizations are more likely to want to fund his other research initiatives while they are generating hype from a pre-clinical program.

If we want to talk about money though, how about the fact that he put this entire thing on hold while he launched 3 cosmetic hairloss topicals that don't outperform minoxidil?

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't say he was money hungry. Scientific research is driven by hype and grants. People/governments/organizations are more likely to want to fund his other research initiatives while they are generating hype from a pre-clinical program.

If we want to talk about money though, how about the fact that he put this entire thing on hold while he launched 3 cosmetic hairloss topicals that don't outperform minoxidil?
You're right.

Super sketchy and suspicious.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

He didn't put it on hold. He was getting the paper published. He started his fundraising campaign as soon as it was published.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
He didn't put it on hold. He was getting the paper published. He started his fundraising campaign as soon as it was published.
Sure not an official hold, but he's working on other endeavors at the same time. The posters I was responding to were implying that he's holding some life saving therapy to himself for selfish reasons. All I am saying is that there are many different reasons why this could be progressing slower then hoped, whether business oriented or problems with the actual science.

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 year anniversary of this thread incoming... shoutout to everyone on this site that called me a liar for making this thread lmao

for the first time i really feel like the functional cure is actually "5 years away" or sooner

have another sip of some copium brothers we are closer to salvation than ever before

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Often universities then cooperate with companies, issue licenses, or found start-ups with external managing directors. Tsuji did the same with Organ Technologies and Kyocera, but Organ Technologies didn’t do well.

so if you look at Tsuji's academic education, he has no experience of any kind of business.
He is a full time researcher, always has been.

I come to the opposite conclusion when I examine the founders of Samumed. None of them have a solid scientific education in the medical field. (Except for one) They are all business people who implement and market a minor scientific discovery very well.

Sounds like someone on this forum should introduce the two parties to each other ..

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel as those a cure like this wont be available for 15/20 years sadly. When I first started losing hair I kept reading threads like this hoping and praying near future something would come out and here we are 3 years later and nothing.
Need something as I fear what my hair will really look like in 15-20 years :(
Probably best to think in decades when talking about this sort of stuff. I can stand being bald for a few years as long as I can get hair when I’m like 32 or something

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel as those a cure like this wont be available for 15/20 years sadly. When I first started losing hair I kept reading threads like this hoping and praying near future something would come out and here we are 3 years later and nothing.
Need something as I fear what my hair will really look like in 15-20 years :(
3 years later nothing? There are literally 3 finished or near finished pre-clinical cloning programs that will be in human trials in the next 1-2 years. There are a dozen or so new drugs in the pipeline that didn't exist (or we phase 1/preclinical) in 2017, all of which will hit the market this decade.

What more can you ask for in 3 years?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 years later nothing? There are literally 3 finished or near finished pre-clinical cloning programs that will be in human trials in the next 1-2 years. There are a dozen or so new drugs in the pipeline that didn't exist (or we phase 1/preclinical) in 2017, all of which will hit the market this decade.

What more can you ask for in 3 years?
not to be a party pooper but do you have $150-200k saved for these hair cloning programs in case they do work and come out in the next several years? because most of us don't
even if these are successful and come out to the market, we are probably talking about 10+ years before the average person could afford it, now I don't know about you, but in 10 years I'm gonna be slick Norwood 7 without a single hair follicle on my scalp, and I'll also be old.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
not to be a party pooper but do you have $150-200k saved for these hair cloning programs in case they do work and come out in the next several years? because most of us don't
even if these are successful and come out to the market, we are probably talking about 10+ years before the average person could afford it, now I don't know about you, but in 10 years I'm gonna be slick Norwood 7 without a single hair follicle on my scalp, and I'll also be old.
Yeah I do and it wouldn't really have too much of an impact, but I realize that it wouldn't be affordable for most people. I also said earlier in this thread that I would also never pay that because the value isn't there for me and my life doesn't change very much whether I'm bald or have perfect hair. In 10 years I'll be 37 and I'd be happy to get perfect hair back at that age, as I'm sure anyone would.

Stemson shouldn't be more then 50k~ for a full head of hair, they've already quoted the number 30k-50k in reference to the market they're looking to capture. That will be their premium price at launch, after they have trialed the analogous procedure it will drop into the 10-20k range, I'm sure, which would be the 10~ years you're quoting.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
doesnt mean anything according to the price
It is indeed not like they said what their charging range will be. But reffering to "bad treatments" (in their pov) and calling them out as costly sounds like; "yeah, our treatment will be definitely curative and not as costly as a normal transplant (in terms of price-performance ratio). Hope this clarifies for you something. Imo we won't see Stemson charging six figures, they want to deliver for the masses, and Cellino can as well provide some good tech, for trying to achieve that.