Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heys guys
Iam new to this forum/talk,but I was wondering how promising this guy and his findings are.Is he going to clinch the deal with his method ?
More promising than others working on hair multiplication.

He has successfully grown cloned human hair on mice. Now the trials on humans are remaining. He still aims to finish R&D in 2020. Of course, that’s really optimistic.

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heys guys
Iam new to this forum/talk,but I was wondering how promising this guy and his findings are.Is he going to clinch the deal with his method ?

There's an organ technologies interview with a person translating somewhere, just google organ technologies interview. That'll get you almost up to scratch quicker. Organ technologies have a website to check out also. There's also riken (research institute which they spun off from).. go mad on internet searches and this site.

Bob9881

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do u guys think his approach will work?i look the guy up and he looks pretty serious to me and the kyocera guys arent the worse investors

H

Reaction score
Schedule
Under the plan, we will begin manufacturing samples for preclinical tests in July 2018 and we will conduct preclinical safety tests using animals. We plan to complete the safety testing in 2018. If the results of the preclinical safety tests are successful, we will apply for clinical research to the Certified Special Committee or Certified Committee for Regenerative Medicine. After receiving approval from the Committee, we will present a provisional plan to the Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare, and will shift toward implementation of clinical research. The details of the clinical research will be announced before the initiation of the research.

Wheres the March/April?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Schedule
Under the plan, we will begin manufacturing samples for preclinical tests in July 2018 and we will conduct preclinical safety tests using animals. We plan to complete the safety testing in 2018. If the results of the preclinical safety tests are successful, we will apply for clinical research to the Certified Special Committee or Certified Committee for Regenerative Medicine. After receiving approval from the Committee, we will present a provisional plan to the Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare, and will shift toward implementation of clinical research. The details of the clinical research will be announced before the initiation of the research.

Wheres the March/April?
@Noisette posted that Dr. Tsuji has mentioned that to him in his email. See page 1 of this thread.

I’d post it here, but I can’t multi-quite from my phone.

H

Reaction score
@Noisette posted that Dr. Tsuji has mentioned that to him in his email. See page 1 of this thread.

I’d post it here, but I can’t multi-quite from my phone.
Okay I found now thank you kindly. So they don't actually know they still have to get it approved but ol Tsuj projects March sounds reasonable.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I found now thank you kindly. So they don't actually know they still have to get it approved but ol Tsuj projects March sounds reasonable.
Yeah. Basically, the per-clinical tests to prove safety were supposed to take only a couple of months, and with that, they were going to apply to the concerned ministry in Japan for clearance for human trials.

No news from there yet, and many of us on here are still hopeful.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
so this is not actually happening before 2030 for most of us right? I want to wish but the disappointments have been to severe in the past. it sounds like wishful thinking to expect this to be available(not even affordable) by 2025

All answers you will get will be pure guesswork by amateurs.
It depends on how you define availability as well. First patients might be treated way earlier.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
well I define it as everyone on the planet not just people from japan. price doesn't really matter since it won't be above 150k anyway

The plan is to treat 10000 people per year, whereas there was no mentioning of it being limited to Japanese patients, obviously waiting lists would be long once the treatment gains popularity. You will have to go to Japan as well.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The plan is to treat 10000 people per year, whereas there was no mentioning of it being limited to Japanese patients, obviously waiting lists would be long once the treatment gains popularity. You will have to go to Japan as well.
Big 3 till they commercialize!! It would b better to let some ppl try first just to observe if it works 100% like they say it would!

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, thats what clinical trials are for. they won't be able to commercialize if it doesn't actually work. here is the thing though, I think they will run into a lot of unseen and unpredicted problems like literally every single product we have seen before. although, tsuji has been working on this for almost 10 years and he seemed quite confident so who really knows
I’m sure they’ll encounter a few problems. Hopefully they don’t have any that impact the results and cloning amount. I have some faith in tsuji however. The fact that human trials are starting in march itself is just amazing.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
but we don't even know whether they will be starting in march right? thats just speculation
Who are you, friend?
Been around for quite some time, haven' cha?

They were the ones who mentioned March as their starting month, but we all know that the trial can be very easily postponed.
I agree that problems will arise most definitely in the process. It's almost inevitable. Nonetheless, we don't know if those hurdles will be easily overcome or hard ones.
Additionally, Jahoda and Christiano released a paper in December, whereby a similar approach (but with iPSCs) was described. What I found very disturbing in it was that the new "hairs" lacked the sheath cup cells (the ones Replicel engaged with). That's not good news, imo.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who are you, friend?
Been around for quite some time, haven' cha?

They were the ones who mentioned March as their starting month, but we all know that the trial can be very easily postponed.
I agree that problems will arise most definitely in the process. It's almost inevitable. Nonetheless, we don't know if those hurdles will be easily overcome or hard ones.
Additionally, Jahoda and Christiano released a paper in December, whereby a similar approach (but with iPSCs) was described. What I found very disturbing in it was that the new "hairs" lacked the sheath cup cells (the ones Replicel engaged with). That's not good news, imo.

What unwanted consequences do you have in mind derriving from this lack of sheath cup cells?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can people 15 years from now mocking us taking about tsuji as we are looking back at people in the early 2000 hyping up former potential treatments

Not a very original idea, users have stated such things literally dozens of times now (in a smug way, it got boring quick). I guess time will tell and that's all we can reliably say.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can people 15 years from now mocking us taking about tsuji as we are looking back at people in the early 2000 hyping up former potential treatments
Nah, it's not the same.
15 years ago iPSC technology was an imagination.
Also, technologically we are way more advanced.
Jahoda and Christiano specifically mention in their last paper that they got where they got because of new technology, especially 3D printing.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you see anything significant for pure maintenance coming out in the meantime(this should be much easier than cloning right?)? something like replicel? you seem to be knowledgable in the area
I'm not an expert, and definitely not a fortune-teller.
So, I can't answer your question.
Theoretically, new treatments should be out by 2022.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well I define it as everyone on the planet not just people from japan. price doesn't really matter since it won't be above 150k anyway

Not if the price will be 150 K but that seems to be if you want a full head of hair could be 150 k, I would settle only with 3000 follicles, would be happy with that. I'd rather be happy if my miniaturized hair went back to the past thickness.