Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't we going to run into the same problem with "cloned" hair as hair transplants.... i.e., it'll still be impossible to create natural packed density due to necrosis concerns

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Necrosis? Explain in depth how planting cloned hair follicles in the scalp could even potenitally cause Necrosis. THanks.....

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Necrosis? Explain in depth how planting cloned hair follicles in the scalp could even potenitally cause Necrosis. THanks.....

For the same reason that trying to get a hair transplant with native hair density of 80-100 grafts per sq. cm would cause necrosis and why hair transplant surgeons will never do it

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Reaching too much density during hair transplants can cause some collateral damages, skin is too much injured to recover and some complications can appear.

Here some examples :

dp0503a10g006.jpg hair-transplant-necrosis.jpg téléchargement.jpeg

But keep in mind, those injuries are also caused by the size of the grafts, Tsuji's grafts will be much much smaller, and they stated being able to reach a somehow natural density without those complications

Let's wait and see
They are aware of this

Last edited:

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the same reason that trying to get a hair transplant with native hair density of 80-100 grafts per sq. cm would cause necrosis and why hair transplant surgeons will never do it

How about 2nd or 3rd transplant to add density a year later ? by that time, all the injuries have been fully recovered ?

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reaching too much density during hair transplants can cause some collateral damages, skin is too much injured to recover and some complications can appear.

Here some examples :

View attachment 108225 View attachment 108226 View attachment 108227

But keep in mind, those injuries are also caused by the size of the grafts, Tsuji's grafts will be much much smaller, and they stated being able to reach a somehow natural density without those complications

Let's wait and see
They are aware of this
Man what a horror show :/

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't we going to run into the same problem with "cloned" hair as hair transplants.... i.e., it'll still be impossible to create natural packed density due to necrosis concerns
normal density is 200 hair cm². And we all know you start seeing balding AFTER you lost half the density. So we should be happy with everithing above 100 hair per cm². And the were able to give the rat 128 hair per cm². That suggests the density will be quite good :D

bald fighter

My Regimen
Reaction score
does any one knows how long will the human trials will last before commercialization the product ?

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Here some examples :

Let's wait and see
They are aware of this

That's due to too many, too closely packed in one sitting. And like someone said it's the size of the grafts also, this will be almost like injections. + you could get it done over a few sessions.

As for the trials- my understanding is that they can get to market after a year if it goes well, then although it's on the market it's still under trial like scrutiny for the next 5 or so years.

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been wondering. They can grow hair in the lab, they can grow skin in the lab.. why don't they fully grow the follicles on the skin and then transplant them in? Does their skin not have enough layers?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been wondering. They can grow hair in the lab, they can grow skin in the lab.. why don't they fully grow the follicles on the skin and then transplant them in? Does their skin not have enough layers?

What's the advantage besides having a Frankenstein scar?

Here some examples :

Let's wait and see
They are aware of this

Tsuji will not be like a hair transplant. We are not talking traditional grafts here.
Hair follicles from the back are extracted to gain mesenchymal and epithelial cells, these cells are then cultured to create hair follicle germs, which are then to delivered into the scalp. I reckon that these cells could be delivered through injections and not incisions, but to be honest I don't know.

Either way it is a very different procedure and traditional metrics are not applicable.
So far I am only worried about the implications of my retrograde alopecia.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Tsuji will not be like a hair transplant. We are not talking traditional grafts here.
Hair follicles from the back are extracted to gain mesenchymal and epithelial cells, these cells are then cultured to create hair follicle germs, which are then to delivered into the scalp. I reckon that these cells could be delivered through injections and not incisions, but to be honest I don't know.

Either way it is a very different procedure and traditional metrics are not applicable.

Don't forget the nylon threads, but you're right, there's still a whole bunch we don't know yet, but i'm pretty sure they will have to use grafts and not injections here, at least on mice they used grafts IIRC, they also mentioned about their new techniques for such small germs to be placed correctly.

It's also quite possible final procedure is not fully done yet and will evolve during next years and human trials results, i'm quite curious about it, so little data so far, and only Ex-vivos except from that mice experiment.

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I meant grow the hair follicles on lab skin and use that as the donor (fue) picking the best follicles.
Slapping a patch of skin on your head and stitching it up would be madness.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A brand new scalp (without calcification and fibrosis and with follicles not affected by DHT) would probably be the actual cure. 10+ years into the future (or more, I am not scientist or some medical person), but a new bioprinted scalp wouldn't need topicals or other drugs and would be a one time cure.

You know why there's not a single product or company in the current pipeline researching on this ? Because it's bullshit
L'Oreal is trying to 4D print follicles, Tsuji is trying to clone healthy follicles, Replicel/Shiseido are trying to kinda reinforce and refill what has been depleted in follicles themselves to quickly popularize.
You do not need a new scalp, you need resistant follicles, or new ones if science can't manage to do this

A real cure, if it's even achievable on a developed human being, will be genetic.

Just stop with this decalcification nonsense @Arrade, this is truly contagious