Tsuji Riken Hair Primordiums - Final 20 Questions

Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the current cell-culturing problem is not to mantain trihogenecity. In question number 13 it said:

"You fixed the DP cell culture problem and are able to restore full expression of DP cells."

So it means they solved a problem that was in previous research by another companies. Riken could be faced with another problem. Is it right?

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
I am VERY grateful to the few who research male pattern baldness. I'm glad not every researcher is a white knight because let's be honest if this affect women as widely as men it would've been cured DECADES ago. The ones who do are a credit to science.

Saying "caveman standard" is incredibly offensive to the people that you claim are a "credit to science".

This has nothing to do with women being affected or not. This would NOT have been cured decades ago if it affected women because this is a genetics problem and the type of research being done by tsuji wasn't possible even ten years ago.

JMS97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saying "caveman standard" is incredibly offensive to the people that you claim are a "credit to science".

This has nothing to do with women being affected or not. This would NOT have been cured decades ago if it affected women because this is a genetics problem and the type of research being done by tsuji wasn't possible even ten years ago.
Not really offensive at the minute we are at that standard and researchers are trying to change that. The fact the only real treatment we have had for the past 20 years is one which only delays inevitable loss, with possible severe side effects, is pretty basic compared to other tiers of science. Blame governments not funding hair loss treatments, but at least capitalism wins in the end- billion dollar funded companies / research will EVENTUALLY "cure" hair loss or have a better treatment than propecia at least.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
Not really offensive at the minute we are at that standard and researchers are trying to change that. The fact the only real treatment we have had for the past 20 years is one which only delays inevitable loss, with possible severe side effects, is pretty basic compared to other tiers of science. Blame governments not funding hair loss treatments, but at least capitalism wins in the end- billion dollar funded companies / research will EVENTUALLY "cure" hair loss or have a better treatment than propecia at least.

So stem cells are primitive? Do tell.

H

Reaction score
All they basically said was that they had their work cut out for them but they are doing well and JMS97 decided that was it there is no cure never was never will be and I think we should prolly listen to him guys. I mean if there's anyone who knows about reversing baldness it's not the guys working in the lab making hair it's the 19 year old guy with an Internet connection.

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
All they basically said was that they had their work cut out for them but they are doing well and JMS97 decided that was it there is no cure never was never will be and I think we should prolly listen to him guys. I mean if there's anyone who knows about reversing baldness it's not the guys working in the lab making hair it's the 19 year old guy with an Internet connection.
Lol this cracked me up!! :D

DDobler

Established Member
Reaction score
Please ban this stupid JMS97. What a douch. I mean seriously, how dumb can one be?

Back to topic - awsome news. We now know that with a very good chance, no more obstacles to Tsuji's team on their way to cure us. That's f*****g amazing!
I am eager to read the whole interview.

bboy4

Reaction score
If find it pretty interesting how myopic people get about hair loss. It's as if people think once all this bleeding edge biotech comes to fruition and we have ourselves a "cure" for Androgenetic Alopecia people are going to pack up and go home and nothing else will change. Everything is going to change. It's sh*t that people have had to wait for cell therapy for a decent treatment for hair loss (a good anti-androgen topical could have been developed decades ago) but here we are, on the cusp of the first wave of regenerative medicine, and it's going to be bigger than anything in history. A company like Riken is going to make Apple or Google look like a cottage industry. Never mind your hair, how long away do you think it's going to be before they can regenerate your skin? Your eyes? Your entire body? 20 years? 10? And you know what's great about all that is that everybody suffers from it, and by everybody I mean women, not just a subset of men. So just keep in mind how important and how big the ramifications of someone like TsujI's work are when you're considering the progress.

JMS97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So stem cells are primitive? Do tell.
Please ban this stupid JMS97. What a douch. I mean seriously, how dumb can one be?

Back to topic - awsome news. We now know that with a very good chance, no more obstacles to Tsuji's team on their way to cure us. That's f*****g amazing!
I am eager to read the whole interview.
if you're happy with nuking your DHT levels for the next 10 years then me saying current treatments are outdated definitely makes me a ""douch"". Tsuji is the only hope, beyond that it's bye bye DHT as only solution .

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, they didn't say that, we don't even have the interview and people are forecasting the damn apocalypse, saying it's a no go.

Remember what I said earlier about people taking information or a lack thereof and running with it?

LOL.... oh boy.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
if you're happy with nuking your DHT levels for the next 10 years then me saying current treatments are outdated definitely makes me a ""douch"". Tsuji is the only hope, beyond that it's bye bye DHT as only solution .

1. You're overreacting.
2. There are other companies working on a treatment as well.
3. The interview isn't even out yet. You're overreacting.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow you weren't messing about!! I find it unbelievable that people took one little quote made by Riken and think it's over lol.
Weirdos

No wonder people come in here asking for an update rather than reading through the thread... These last 2 pages are people crying doom despite knowing little to nothing regarding the science, or people trying to tell them to relax!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe Dr. Christiano's real name is Dr. Angela Christiano Ronaldo?

This is hilarious because I googled the Cristiano Ronaldo guy with Aclaris and that is exactly the joke I kept telling myself in my head. Got a little smile out of it a few times.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahahaha im sorry admin i meant dr cristiano

Oh! Yes Dr. Christiano will be in the interview. I met with her at Columbia university nearly 12 years ago so it was great to reconnect, and she has been really helpful organizing the call. We actually postponed it until next week so she could be present.

JMS97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. You're overreacting.
2. There are other companies working on a treatment as well.
3. The interview isn't even out yet. You're overreacting.
i hope you're right but if the interview states the same then i wont have looked like i was overreacting that much