Tsuji Riken Hair Primordiums - Final 20 Questions

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure I should even say "Final" as I didn't get the exact wording. And she did not indicate what it was just yet.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure whether to expect this to be out in 2020 or another 5 years from 2020 :(

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope it's not another aderans though

I think they're way too far into the project and way too close to a full on cure to pull an Aderans.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They also have way more $ than Aderans.

If anything can find the answer to a problem, it's money.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hope I am wrong, but in the end this is still far away from reality. They don’t even know if this treatment works on humans. Histogen and Replicel are our only hopes in near future. Tsuji is just a fantasy world for now.

Rofler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope I am wrong, but in the end this is still far away from reality. They don’t even know if this treatment works on humans. Histogen and Replicel are our only hopes in near future. Tsuji is just a fantasy world for now.

It depends on what is their current problem. If it's problem with mass production then they'll solve it easily. If it's problem with cell's culturing then it's way harder to solve.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be a little more optimistic - if they were finished now, they wouldn't need to wait until 2020 to start right? So in their minds, they have funding and time to figure out any current issues still. I guess the real question is whether the current issues are predicted to have any effect on the 2020 estimate. And i think we kind of asked that.

UPDATE:

Here is the challenge they are still facing:

"The development of the technology to cultivate mesenchymal stem cells, that is papilla cells, which can be applied to human clinical trials, is currently in progress. However, as for epithelial stem cells, it still globally remains as a significant challenge. We are currently still in the middle of the research and development portion of this project, but we have optimistic news: Based on our recent research results, we finally have some prospects to resolve this issue soon."

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed with admin. If they have solved all the issue they'd had announced a 2020 or earlier release. Now 2020 or later depends on the roadblock they're facing. They AIM to have a 2020 release means they AIM to solvethe issue within the next one to two years. Thought?

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As optimistic as I am trying to be. I am a little heartbroken over not getting my hair back in 2020 but I am happy that they have made the progress. may they be able to solve the challenges they are currently facing.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, they didn't say that, we don't even have the interview and people are forecasting the damn apocalypse, saying it's a no go.

Remember what I said earlier about people taking information or a lack thereof and running with it?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

Just had a conversation with the translator, and have some preliminary information for you all from the interview. She mentioned that in the interview they stated they *are* able to control the width of the resulting hairs, as well as the color. And ... the density (# of hairs) in a given area.

Regarding this issue, and his result in animals. Humans are very different

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23800212

Comparative study of hair follicle morphology in eight mammalian species and humans

Attachments

• IMP densidad cabellos diferentes mamiferos.JPG
    IMP densidad cabellos diferentes mamiferos.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 264

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
To be a little more optimistic - if they were finished now, they wouldn't need to wait until 2020 to start right? So in their minds, they have funding and time to figure out any current issues still. I guess the real question is whether the current issues are predicted to have any effect on the 2020 estimate. And i think we kind of asked that.

UPDATE:

Here is the challenge they are still facing:

"The development of the technology to cultivate mesenchymal stem cells, that is papilla cells, which can be applied to human clinical trials, is currently in progress. However, as for epithelial stem cells, it still globally remains as a significant challenge. We are currently still in the middle of the research and development portion of this project, but we have optimistic news: Based on our recent research results, we finally have some prospects to resolve this issue soon."

As @Swoop has pointed out prior posts, the biggest issue has always been culturing epithelial cells. If they overcome this, then that is it. This is the last piece of the puzzle