Tsuji - News Successfully Developed An Expansion Method Of Hf Derived Stem Cells

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would new AP instead be generated?
q5J3EgD.gif

like that baby doll spider thing from Toy Story.
Inb4 that doesn't look too bad

Michel F. II

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello :)

I have contacted Tsuji in order to have some news about their technology and since the last great interview made by HTT (published on september 2016).

News :
1. Recently, we successfully developed an expansion method of hair follicle-derived stem cells.
2. Next step: Trying to challenge of the expansion of human-derived cells
3. Clinical application in human at March 2019 (expected)

Here we go :

" Dear Doctor Tsuji,
I would like to thank you for all your hard work and spending your precious time to answer to many people.
I bought your book called "Organ Regeneration Based on Developmental Biology" and I read an interview with Riken and Organ technolgies about Hair Loss.

If it's possible, I would like to know if you have made some progress with the technology to cultivate epithelial stem cells of follicles, because last year it still remains a significant challenge globally.

Many thanks dear Doctor
" .

" Dear (John Doe),

Thank you for your contact regarding our work.

I am grateful that you had read my book and have interests to our hair follicle regeneration. Recently, we successfully developed an expansion method of hair follicle-derived stem cells, although the results are unpublished. We are now trying to challenge of the expansion of human-derived cells and plan to do the clinical application in human at March 2019.

I appreciate that you will continue to watch our study.

Sincerely,

Takashi

Takashi Tsuji, PhD
Team Leader
Laboratory for Organ Regeneration
RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology
2-2-3, Minatojima-minamimachi,
Chuo-ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650-0047, JAPAN "

Screenshots

View attachment 58208
View attachment 58416

Edit: Delete Email of Takashi Tsuji
Why has the email of Takashi Tsuji been deleted?

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In the end biggest question from all:

- How do we know that this method will work on humans? It is still tested on animals, but we know that many treatments show good results on animals, but failed to produce results on humans.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
bizarre how Michel F. II dislikes useful posts randomly, and answers to posts with his kind-of-agressive attitude, even after getting badass schooled by others.
looks like we have another type of nameless here. two of them in a single forum is going to be fun.

And we have you posting attacks against a few other posters wthout any provocation.

Last edited:

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok.
Let me clarify.
In my opinion, skin is epidermis (keratinocytes), dermis (connective tissue+follicles, glands, etc), vessels and neural endings.
If you happened to have read the paper, you would know that Tsuji's team managed to generate an integumentary organ system, that's what they called it, via manipulating iPS cells.
Is what they made skin?
Hmm...
Shouldn't it resemble skin structurally and physiologically so that it can be named as such?
Does it?
If you read the paper, you would know.
Moreover, by no means did they transplant all that organ system onto murine skin.
Once again, if you read the cited paper, you would know what they did.
Please, read the paper, it's available on Pubmed, and, then, we can have a serious confrontation.
Tsuji and Cotsarelis may have used the term "skin" merely so that they not use all the terms that best describe what that actually is. It's called metonymy.
Trust me, if I hadn't read the paper, I would have apologized already.
I don't usually take things to heart.

What a wonderful opinion and thank you for clarifying.

The pics I've provided are from the Abstract you cited earlier and yes I did read all of it by the way.

Read the pics I posted from your own abstract citation and they themselves clearly state that the integumentary organ system includes SKIN and its appendages as well so hair, sebaceous glands, etc... the epidermis is a layer of the SKIN which is part of the integumentary organ system that they stated in that abstract as comprising of the SKIN and its appendages. So they basically are defining the term for you so that you understand what they have created which is a 3D Bioengineered Integumentary Organ System.

The other photo I uploaded here (again from your own abstract citation,) said they made a Bioengineered 3D Integumentary Organ System that was fully functional following transplantation into mice. Yes they did transplant it and your own citation says so.

It also says it PROPERLY connected with the host's tissues such as the EPIDERMIS and NERVE FIBERS. How do you think they established a PROPER connection into existing epidermis? You just said in your opinion that skin is an epidermis (part of it) which I'd agree because the epidermis is a layer that is a part of the skin and if they defined it for us by telling us that their integumentary organ system INCLUDES SKIN, then it has an epidermis as well as other layers that allow it in general science to be called skin.

No, you don't call something a metonymy when you can't come up with a name for it. I'll help you out here and I'll tell you that it already has a name.

It's called 3D Bioprinting. What they made was a 3D Bioprinted Organ System using the host's own cells that are original and from the host alone.

Regenerative Properties

Attachments

• IMG_1522.PNG
    IMG_1522.PNG
    301 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1526.PNG
    IMG_1526.PNG
    300.2 KB · Views: 238

Michel F. II

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a wonderful opinion and thank you for clarifying.

The pics I've provided are from the Abstract you cited earlier and yes I did read all of it by the way.

Read the pics I posted from your own abstract citation and they themselves clearly state that the integumentary organ system includes SKIN and its appendages as well so hair, sebaceous glands, etc... the epidermis is a layer of the SKIN which is part of the integumentary organ system that they stated in that abstract as comprising of the SKIN and its appendages. So they basically are defining the term for you so that you understand what they have created which is a 3D Bioengineered Integumentary Organ System.

The other photo I uploaded here (again from your own abstract citation,) said they made a Bioengineered 3D Integumentary Organ System that was fully functional following transplantation into mice. Yes they did transplant it and your own citation says so.

It also says it PROPERLY connected with the host's tissues such as the EPIDERMIS and NERVE FIBERS. How do you think they established a PROPER connection into existing epidermis? You just said in your opinion that skin is an epidermis (part of it) which I'd agree because the epidermis is a layer that is a part of the skin and if they defined it for us by telling us that their integumentary organ system INCLUDES SKIN, then it has an epidermis as well as other layers that allow it in general science to be called skin.

No, you don't call something a metonymy when you can't come up with a name for it. I'll help you out here and I'll tell you that it already has a name.

It's called 3D Bioprinting. What they made was a 3D Bioprinted Organ System using the host's own cells that are original and from the host alone.

Regenerative Properties
Have you read the whole paper?
If so, what did they transplant?
You guessed it, I'm not convinced you read the whole paper.
As I've said already a couple of times, the whole paper is available for free.
Check it out, please.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Patents take years to expire and they will not be able to "buy" the formula from Tsuji anyways.

Tsuji doesn't own it; RIKEN does and there is no way they will sell it away. Kyocrea will own all of the proprietary machines.

People can keep dreaming — this is not going to rapidly travel across the world overnight.

Botox was first put to use for cosmetic treatment in 2002 after first being developed and tested in 1989. 15 years later it is available and approved in only 40% of the world.

Correct...because it was a toxin. This is not a toxin. I remember the sheer panic people had when hearing to inject themselves with botulism.

I dont think it's going to be in US or even Europe overnight---I think other countries where regulations are low they will spread out...I find it to be bad business for them not to spread out while they can.
If I see it that way I am sure the huge brains on their part will see it that way and find a way to spread out and maximize results quickly.

Last edited:

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you read the whole paper?
If so, what did they tranplant?
You guessed it, I'm not convinced you read the whole paper.
As I've said already a couple of times, the whole paper is available for free.
Check it out, please.

Lol

Answer your own question since you know or are you asking me because you can't figure out what they transplanted?

You got handled already.

Go be annoying somewhere else.

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Man all of these hair loss forums are dead....no mthing excited coming out for a while f*****g sad!
f***.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check back in in 19 then.
Nah we are getting close. Can't wait to hear about Shiseido's results. Can you imagine if they actually release it next year and that it halts hair loss and gives like 30% regrowth or something? Peace of mind my brother

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remain encouraged by the progress and what I have left will mostly still be around in five years. Less than that then it's gravy. My future hairline:

image.jpeg

I will kick *** with this! Warning! Unlimited pussy ahead!

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah we are getting close. Can't wait to hear about Shiseido's results. Can you imagine if they actually release it next year and that it halts hair loss and gives like 30% regrowth or something? Peace of mind my brother

Not only that but if by some miracle it can turn vellus hairs terminal, then follica+sheisido is a cure for a lot of us!