Tsuji - News Successfully Developed An Expansion Method Of Hf Derived Stem Cells

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to be the buzzkill, but how many 17 - 18 year olds (presently) are likely going to be able to afford this in 3-4 years?

Likely none, unless they have rich parents.

and everyone is forgetting that they said in the interview that they "aim to treat 10,000 globally". At that number, they could have exclusively Japanese citizens fill up the list for decades. Of course, they will ramp up the production, but that will take years and it will still be very expensive.
e.

Why do you say it will take years for them to expand production?

Everything I know about business tells me this will not be the case.

Demand is high, if it works they will expand, very very quickly IMO (before something else breaks we dont know its unpredictable what is going to be out in five years even by accident they could potentially miss window for a less expensive alternative).

the comment in interview 'aim to treat 10,000 global' was this said by the scientist/R&D teams or the actual CEOS of the investing companies?

Isn't it several companies invested? I think they will all push to make it more available than this sooner.

Last edited:

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
after implanting the primordiums, there will for sure be some weeks to wait before the hair sprouts. the primordiums basically mimic the hair development process when you're a baby. tsuji's method creates new hair follicles (organs) from scratch. they need time to fully develop. after that, they will go through the same cycles like normal hair, which i think is a pity. better would be to find the right gene switches and modify future hair cells with CRISPR so that they produce hair non-stop, compared to all the cycling bullshit. hair growth cycling phases are just a flaw of nature. one of many many flaws which are present in humans.

Every hair cycles. Why would that be a problem? It isn't in healthy hair.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you say it will take years for them to expand production?

The technology to actually perform the procedure outpaces the plan of implementation.

They want to automate the whole process, but they have already said it will initially be done in Japan by leveraging transplant surgeons.

The smart move on their part is to just treat people this way within Japan until Kyocera is able to successfully automate the process.

Then, there is the matter of building these facilities elsewhere to carry out the procedure; they're not going to license out an automated technology because that defeats the purpose of the automated tech; which is to funnel as much revenue to you as possible.

You're also forgetting that this is only possible in their timeframe because of Japanese laws regarding stem cells. It will have to undergo analysis and likely even separate trials elsewhere because of this.

This is not like mass-producing any old cosmetic.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to be the buzzkill, but how many 17 - 18 year olds (presently) are likely going to be able to afford this in 3-4 years?...

Very good point! And probably the best motivator to get a 17-18 year old off their ***, get an education and a good effin' job.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Besides what they have said and so on...come on guys Tsuji says we have the cure, but will just treat 10k Japanese citizens...

What would you do? I think millions of people would go on the barricades and try to kill them for this sh*t.

They HAVE to get the cure as fast as possible all over as Asia before anyone else solves the problem and aims to reproduce the results for less money and without any restrictions. İt's just a damned capitalist world and such big companies do that for god's sake or just 1-10k people

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it's the same old sh*t...really nothing close to being in our homes or at our doctors office. f*****g sad! Why is technology in entertainment and retail f*****g racing ahead but bio tech is moving slow as sh*t. It's sad. Regulations and testing in the health field slow down progress tremendously.

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
He never said that he would only treat Japanese citizens.

Also, 10000 in a year isn't such a low number. Most people don't even know this exists.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wenn need this as fast as possible in Turkey or another country that is less expensive for less than 10k :)

Toccata

Banned
Reaction score
It's so close, yet so far away at once.

We're ready Tsuji. Just say when.
DFCq7_Rh_Xc_AAg9c_X.jpg-large.jpg

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We're ready Tsuji. Just say when.
View attachment 58294
I can already picture it.

Breaking News: Eggheads lose their minds as the cure is released.

Local angry bald man and meme lord "Momogee" was spotted in over 20 sperm banks this week as he tries to raise enough money to ascend to the hair loss heavens and have Lord Tsuji bring him back his glorious Norwood 1 days.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and everyone is forgetting that they said in the interview that they "aim to treat 10,000 globally". At that number, they could have exclusively Japanese citizens fill up the list for decades. Of course, they will ramp up the production, but that will take years and it will still be very expensive.
Why are we assuming that only Japanese citizens will have access to this when it first comes out or that they would even have priority over anyone else in the world?

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
ALL of the issues you guys are bringing up are totally insignificant in the scheme of things... Price, location, demand, corporate alliances, procedure details...etc

Only one thing matters... Is this treatment actually possible now???

If it is I will move f*****g mountains to get to Japan, with whatever money this costs, and annihilate the hair loss. Making money is possible... Lots of people have done that. Baldness has never been beaten, making money is small potatoes in comparison.

And I'm not entirely sure I wanna ride the hype train. All he said was hair follicle stem cells, which could be just mesenchymal cells not epithelial cells... Which we already knew about...
Although he did say recent unpublished expansion method for hair follicle stem cells in response to a question about epithelial cells. So that in combination with the confidence they had about having prospects obtained from studies they done last year on epithelial cells, would indicate that the big hurdle is handled...
Okay scootch over and let me on the hype train with you guys...
All aboard, destination Japan ETA 2020!

I don't want to sh*t on anyone's parade, but do you think if they solved the biggest hurdle in hair multiplication that no one has done before, they would tell it in an email to a random guy first?...

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if it really turns out they are too slow with ramping up the capacity, i have no doubt there will be many companies and license deals to make this treatment available in different countries. they will need to buy the equipment from kyocera and get the technology know-how and license from riken to replicate everything, but this will happen very quickly.
if riken is not able to ramp up the capacity they will for sure agree to make license deals with other companies. it's not realistic for them to supply the whole world on their own, so they need many partnerships.
once the world gets to learn that a REAL hairloss cure is out there, the hell will break out overnight. it's a billion dollar business after all, and the first ones who manage to get a license from riken will be the winners.
i don't see the availability issue as a problem at all.

also, it's unreasonable to think there will be exclusive access to japanese people.
yes, it will be expensive, but if you have the money it doesn't matter from where in the world you arrive.
i still believe the whole treatment will cost less than 100k and quickly come down to the range of 20 to 40k once all lab-automation is in place and running well.
i think, unless you have huge depts already, everyone will be able to afford it. after all, you can (almost) always get a bank loan and pay it back over the next 10 years or so, depending on your situation.

I agree with a lot of this.

Plastic surgery is often financed to people who really 'can't afford it' I am sure even hair transplant are often financed.

It is not logical to me they would keep this small and or slow.

Also--keep in mind how quickly bio and technology is moving now--WHY would they take a chance something less expensive or less difficult may come out over next few years?

If they were unaffordable and or unattainable for too long, they run risk of becoming obsolete being 'passed' for newer technology.

Strike when iron is hot as they say, you don't know what unexpected find or competition is coming around corner-if they have so much invested they are not going to risk being obsolete over a few years time.

I don't think any business people would take that chance.

Last edited:

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's keep it that way until we're treated first.
S̶n̶e̶a̶k̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶b̶b̶i̶t̶s̶e̶s̶!̶ Agreed.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can already picture it.

Breaking News: Eggheads lose their minds as the cure is released.

Local angry bald man and meme lord "Momogee" was spotted in over 20 sperm banks this week as he tries to raise enough money to ascend to the hair loss heavens and have Lord Tsuji bring him back his glorious Norwood 1 days.

Dat irony when you realize that you wouldn't get accepted to be a sperm donor because you're bald... :eek: