Tsuji - News Successfully Developed An Expansion Method Of Hf Derived Stem Cells

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We need to make sure Hellouser gets to Japan for this conference. With so much happening in Japan and the conference being held there omg! We need to make sure he has a translator with him on the ground there. I have a feeling we are going to be over the moon after the Riken and Shisedio presentations and hopefully Hellouser interviews.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
of course it's possible. the small primordiums are injected via a thin syringe. incision size, trauma and redness will probably be much lower than with a traditional transplant.
lol, imagine tsuji comes out with a cure but people have to wait until they are full NW7.

Could you please explain me how this procedure will done after the multiplication? Will there be grafts or something like replicel?

İf grafts then patients will have to do multiple hair transplant from NW7 till NW0
İf replicel like procedure they will just get injections

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's like baby-grafts without a hair shaft. the two required cell types are put together in-vitro to let them play with each other to become a hair primordium, the early stage of the hair follicle organ. those primordiums are injected then. this means, if you want 30.000 hairs there will be 30.000 syringe incisions. no big deal.
how they solve the growth direction issue is still not exactly known but seems to be no real problem. years ago tsuji already stated that with a nylon guide the problem is solved. could be a small string of nylon sticking out of your scalp for a few days or weeks until the primordium formed the real follicle.

So in the end it's like baby graft hair transplant? They won't thicken thinning or minituarized hair or will they? So we have to get bald as soon as possible to get maximum hairs back am I'm right?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
UTps2W8.gif

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
the news provided from noisette is fantastic, but there is one thing i don't want to believe: did tsuji, so far, test his cell expansion techniques only on animal cells, really? highly unlikely i guess. human cell types, although they are similar to those of animal hair cells, could probably again behave totally different through the expansion process and require different chemical signaling during expansion to make them retain their gene characteristics. so tsuji never took fresh human cells through a biopsy and then tried to expand them with his techniques?
that would be f*****g careless and stupid. could be wasted years all along, unless the human cells behave 100% identically with his method. i hope tsuji just didn't explain himself well enough.

İ think they have gone through trials how to proceed and found finally THE way to mutiply human cells without injecting them back to see the results. Further tests and so on will start later like they have said.
Just like you said any other research could lead to years of failure and won't get to the market until 2020

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
So in the end it's like baby graft hair transplant? They won't thicken thinning or minituarized hair or will they? So we have to get bald as soon as possible to get maximum hairs back am I'm right?
Hopefully we won't have to wait until we're bald. The best solution would be shave the head, transplant 30000 primordiums over the NW7 area, thereby killing the old hair, after that the primordiums start to grow and you have a thick NW1 head.

Don't know if that's possible though.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully we won't have to wait until we're bald. The best solution would be shave the head, transplant 30000 primordiums over the NW7 area, thereby killing the old hair, after that the primordiums start to grow and you have a thick NW1 head.

Don't know if that's possible though.

I know from my FUE that if you plant a graft over an old hair you definitely kill the old one, maybe the surroundins AND the transplanted hair.
So even a primordium could kill the old ones without surviving. Just speculating would be a nice question for Tsuji

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
Now everybody can't get bald fast enough!

Seriously I hope they can do that on a still semifull head of hair. Imagine if you have to wait 10 years for this until you're NW7 to get this. The Horror.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Maybe you could do laser hair removal or electrolysis to get rid of the miniaturized hair first? No idea. I have a ton of (sickly, disgusting, miniaturized) hair left so I'd be worried about this.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now everybody can't get bald fast enough!

Seriously I hope they can do that on a still semifull head of hair. Imagine if you have to wait 10 years for this until you're NW7 to get this. The Horror.
İmagine you never get to NW7 and stay as a diffuse thinner between NW3-6, my dad is 55 and stayed at NW3-4 since he was 30

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how they solve the growth direction issue is still not exactly known but seems to be no real problem. years ago tsuji already stated that with a nylon guide the problem is solved. could be a small string of nylon sticking out of your scalp for a few days or weeks until the primordium formed the real follic
They said in the interview the nylon guide is not necessary, the hairs follow your natural hair growth pattern through signals from the skin

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
that's exactly how it would be done. if the process works great and consistent, just override the old hair. wherever you can place a primordium, just do it. old hair will either co-exist between the new grown hair, or they will be destroyed by the syringe. you could first epilate the scalp to get rid of old weak hair to make it easier for the Doctor to place as many primordiums as possible. if the epilated (pulled out) hairs want to regrow again, they will find their way through the skin between the primordiums.
i don't see old hair as a problem at all. if it' still strong and good for some years, then leave it like it is or place only few primordiums in between (and maybe renew this area after few years), or if the old hair is weak and useless already, just override them.

The problem is that hair that is strong today can be weak in a few months. I'd like to get this done once and then forget about f*****g hair loss. Would be awesome if they could just plaster over the whole NW7 area at once. Would be a great question for a future interview for Tsuji.

Also, does anyone know if the primordiums have the same dormant phase as regular grafts after transplanting?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if the primordiums would grow in/over FUE scars. Would be really nice if they manage to do this.

Would help millions of people that had a bad hair transplant or/and lost thousands of grafts due to the procedure.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, even better then (not sure why i missed this from the interview). this also means there remains no open wound after doing all the incisions with the syringe. as the needle diameter will be smaller than today's hair transplant needles, the damaged area will also be much smaller (circular area decreases with the square of the diameter size), thus resulting in ultrafast healing time, less blood, less trauma, and much less redness. they could inject those primordiums and the wound would close itself within 1 or 2 hours, unlike it is the case with today's hair transplants. closed wounds means not even a bandage would be required, or maybe only for few hours during the same day, but before going to bed you could already take it off. redness and healing time is often horrible with transplants, which forces you to wear a cap for many weeks/months. won't be the case with tsuji's method. i believe all redness will disappear after 2 weeks max. or so, so you're work off-time is not that long.
Wearing a cap would kill your new transplants. Had to be cautious not to hit my head for a month and shouldn't touch and shower it for 3 days. After that i could gently pour water and use special shampoo till 1 month was over. Had to sleep like an idiot and mustn't move my head...f*****g 4-6 weeks :( even several days for healing would be great!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to get too hyped... But just the thought of getting all my hair back by age 21/22... My life would be amazing

I hate to be the buzzkill, but how many 17 - 18 year olds (presently) are likely going to be able to afford this in 3-4 years?

Likely none, unless they have rich parents.

and everyone is forgetting that they said in the interview that they "aim to treat 10,000 globally". At that number, they could have exclusively Japanese citizens fill up the list for decades. Of course, they will ramp up the production, but that will take years and it will still be very expensive.

This is exciting news because a true cure for hairloss may indeed be near to being a reality; not that we're all going to be NW1s from this in a few years.

It's so close, yet so far away at once.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to be the buzzkill, but how many 17 - 18 year olds (presently) are likely going to be able to afford this in 3-4 years?

Likely none, unless they have rich parents.

and everyone is forgetting that they said in the interview that they "aim to treat 10,000 globally". At that number, they could have exclusively Japanese citizens fill up the list for decades. Of course, they will ramp up the production, but that will take years and it will still be very expensive.

This is exciting news because a true cure for hairloss may indeed be near to being a reality; not that we're all going to be NW1s from this in a few years.

It's so close, yet so far away at once.
Yeah that is very true, maybe a tad too optimistic right now, but at least the knowledge that a treatment is out there that works great is nice.