Treatment of male pattern baldness.... results from 1988!

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately. I attribute the increased thinning directly to the soy isoflavones. I used LEF's Mega Green Tea Extract years before with no adverse effects. After adding soy isoflavones, my thinning increased. Fact.

Green tea extract, I have found, is not necessary to maintain your hair. I drink four - five cups of leaf (not bag) green tea daily.

Soy isoflavones are worthless for our purposes. There are better ways to spend your hard-earned money. That stated, soy beans are a good source of Omega 3, which may be helpful for our purposes.

thank goodness they've added the editing pane to change the font size and color of your responses. anywho

Same thing with DIM.

I read in wikipedia how it was an ANTI ANDROGEN.
One of the most potent plant forms of it.

And NOTHING else, no other 1 thing, has given me the biggest shed as DIM.
I tried it SEVERAL times and it made me shed HORRIBLY!

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
This whole natural movement is hilarious. like every single plant in the Amazon is poisonous. Its the only way vegetation can survive there, sort of a natural defense mechanism, the place is loaded with ravenous hungry animals and plants can't move or run so the ones that survive do so by being insanely toxic. All of the plant eating animals that live there all have to eat clay like literally dirt by the handfuls and handfuls to survive since the clay detoxes the poisons. Like you'll see monkeys etaing handfuls of dirt, parrots, deers, boars. etc you name it. Like half the **** that exists in nature would kill you or make you seriously sick if you ate it. Its amazing how people will act like something from nature is safe and any scrip is evil.

LOL Natural

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just because something increased a shed temporarily doesnt mean it would increase your baldness long term.

^ good point on the naturalistic fallacy.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Thelema, have you ever tried soy isoflavones. You'll excuse me momentarily while I shelve your inexperience and ignorance (in this particular subject) right along side that of 2020's.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
I will take that answer as a "no" (you have never supplemented your diet with a soy seed or bean extract).

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have not, but I wouldnt let the anecdote of one person dissuade me. At this stage I really don't intend to supp with daidzein and genstein isoflavones, but rather I intend to supplement with actual s-equol, which is not a weak in vitro inhibitor of 5ar like daidzein and genstein, but rather an in vivo antagonist of DHT. I'll keep you posted on the result.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Nor should a person, ignorant of soy bean extract's effect on the hair and scalp, be so quick to post (proffer) advice and recommendation. Just allow the member his experience, and be on your merry way.

Look forward to reading about your experience with s-equol.

Conpecia

Reaction score
The Natural:

Your regimen was recommended to me. I'd been on finasteride for 5 years then suddenly got slammed with gynecomastia and epididymitis 6 months ago. Been off ever since but now I've lost all the gains I'd gotten from finasteride. Desperate for a new regimen to maintain for a few years until a superior and safer treatment arrives. Is the regimen in your signature your entire regimen? Anything I should add to it (omega 3, tocomin, shampoos, topicals, etc.)? Thanks in advance for any help.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Conpecia,

But for some Chinese herbs (fo ti, jiaogulan) that I occasionally take for endurance, etc. during sporting activities, my entire regimen has been included in my signature.

I take 1 vitamin C capsule (Thorne Research or Docotor's Best, ascorbic acid), 1 MSM (OptiMSM), and 1 aged garlic extract (Kyolic) together in the morning with breakfast; 1 curcumin (Meriva) and 1 cayenne pepper/ginger (Nature's Way) together during the mid morning with a snack; 1 algae extract (Ovega, an omega 3 plant supplement) in the early afternoon after lunch; and aged garlic extract in the evening after dinner.

I'd be really interested to know how your hair/scalp responds to this regimen. If you do decide to try it, please keep us abreast as to your progress.

Thanks, TN

P.S. By the way, I read that curcumin can been used to reverse some of the negative side effects (e.g. gynecomastia) associated with finasteride. I hope it will help you in this area as well.

Conpecia

Reaction score
Conpecia,

But for some Chinese herbs (fo ti, jiaogulan) that I occasionally take for endurance, etc. during sporting activities, my entire regimen has been included in my signature.

I take 1 vitamin C capsule (Thorne Research or Docotor's Best, ascorbic acid) and 1 aged garlic extract (Kyolic) together in the morning with breakfast; 1 curcumin (Meriva) and 1 cayenne pepper/ginger (Nature's Way) together during the mid morning with a snack; 1 algae extract (Ovega, an omega 3 plant supplement) in the early afternoon after lunch; and aged garlic extract in the evening after dinner.

I'd be really interested to know how your hair/scalp responds to this regimen. If you do decide to try it, please keep us abreast as to your progress.

Thanks, TN

P.S. By the way, I read that curcumin can been used to reverse some of the negative side effects (e.g. gynecomastia) associated with finasteride. I hope it will help you in this area as well.

Excellent. I will gather these up over the next week and begin around a week from today. Thanks a ton for breaking everything down. I'll report back every few months with updates. Honestly, if I can just make it 3 more years I think I'll be able to take advantage of something, be it Histogen or the like. Several exciting treatments are being discussed over at btt. It's only a matter of time, but I'd love to keep what I have now instead of making the battle further uphill. Thanks again.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
the natural, no resveratrol? or was it the garlic that replaced that?
Yes, that is correct. I started a thread about this somewhere around here, I think. In addition, the Wakunaga company (that makes Kyolic aged garlic) has included a curcumin - garlic supplement (inflammation response) to their list of products.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool..TN is taking algae oil as well :cool:
Yep, been taking it for almost a month now. Actually, it was this thread that made me reconsider my position on EFAs. Still not entirely convinced that I need to supplement my diet with Omega 6 though, so the primsrose oil will remain on my kitchen shelf.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
DIM DOES INDEED help with estradiol but with balding it makes it several times worst. Everytime I took it, it helped the estrogen and made my hair shed like 2 cheap rugs.

By EPO I guess you are saying evening primrose oil? I've seen ladies say it helps them. I'm thinking of trying it myself.

Yes, Evening primrose oil. It probably might help something in your body but it isn't enough to add it to a daily regimen. It simply is a waste of money.

As for DIM it didn't give me a shed but I drink alot of broccoli smoothies so I don't see any reason to adding the supplement.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you have to take a fair amount of EPO. taking several dose could help if you believe the patent in the OP

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
you have to take a fair amount of EPO. taking several dose could help if you believe the patent in the OP

One's belief in the patent has no bearing on whether or not EPO will work. Belief is irrelevant. A newbie may very well believe that this patent is correct, begin taking six grams of EPO every day, but unfortunately, experience an acceleration in hair loss. That is why I caution you about habitually discussing from the point of ignorance. Why not just try some Evening Primrose oil at six grams a day, report your experience in a couple of months, and then, advise others accordingly.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the one I mentioned earlier- the Ascenta NutraVege. May add that NanoEPA again as well..wish their NanoOmega was a liquid too.

This one looks like a good combo: http://www.iherb.com/Minami-Nutriti...n-DHA-Formula-Orange-Flavor-60-Softgels/21001

http://www.minami-nutrition.us/website/

where do you find all these obscure products?!?! You're the weirdest character of any forum I have ever visited.... seriously, mention anything around Jacob and he will supply you with links about some weird barely relevant or useful products :D :D :D

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I actually bought the maine omega one he linked earlier. I am on the second month. No noticed change in daily shed. Energy does seem better though (not taking as many or as long naps), and my gums never bleed when I floss now, but compared to hair I dont really care about that. Have yet to rub it into my head as I had planned. I actually just found a bottle of high lignan flax oil which gives me three of four of the planned ingredients for my mixture. Would just need to buy the black currant seed oil.