Treatment of male pattern baldness.... results from 1988!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Ok good. Let me know how it works out. How long have you been taking it?

..coming up 3 months...it's helped a bit as the hair I have seems healthier...but I have still thinned although it seems to have slowed down a bit...need something to slam the DHT...if Equol does that, I'd still stay on EPO and fish oil...

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
..coming up 3 months...it's helped a bit as the hair I have seems healthier...but I have still thinned although it seems to have slowed down a bit...need something to slam the DHT...if Equol does that, I'd still stay on EPO and fish oil...

afaik anything that drastically lowers DHT will have the same side effects as finasteride/dutasteride. Thats what causes most of the sides of those two...systemically lowered dht levels...not the fact that they were produced in a lab and not by mother nature.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Humm. Doesn't sound so good. I'm looking for something to make a dent in my shedding. And then I'll drop some of this stuff that isn't. This doesn't seem to be working so well for you. I'm going to try it for about 2 months and if it does work ill let you all know if it doesn't, I'm dropping it.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Based on my experiences so far, I have not found a need to supplement with Omega 6 (e.g. EPO, Borage oil).

Mr Blonde

Reaction score
Based on my experiences so far, I have not found a need to supplement with Omega 6 (e.g. EPO, Borage oil).

Hey Natural can I ask about your sig. I joined up just to message you but it looks like I'm not allowed to PM ppl yet. I am interested in a natural vitiman regiem for fighting baldness, I wont go near finasteride or minoxidil etc, and another user said your treatment has worked for you for years. Could you tell me or PM me the dosage level you take those vitimans at, mg etc...

Also many of those vitimans and extracts seem to be geared towards joint pain. Was this a problem you suffered from or just a coincidence or pattern you noticed in the supplements that work best for your hairloss?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Humm. Doesn't sound so good. I'm looking for something to make a dent in my shedding. And then I'll drop some of this stuff that isn't. This doesn't seem to be working so well for you. I'm going to try it for about 2 months and if it does work ill let you all know if it doesn't, I'm dropping it.

Yeah...I wouldn't say EPO and fish oil has stopped my loss in its tracks....my frontal area is still thinning...

But I am staying on the Fish Oil for the health factor...probably will drop EPO once my Equol arrives..

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Natural can I ask about your sig. I joined up just to message you but it looks like I'm not allowed to PM ppl yet. I am interested in a natural vitiman regiem for fighting baldness, I wont go near finasteride or minoxidil etc, and another user said your treatment has worked for you for years. Could you tell me or PM me the dosage level you take those vitimans at, mg etc...

Also many of those vitimans and extracts seem to be geared towards joint pain. Was this a problem you suffered from or just a coincidence or pattern you noticed in the supplements that work best for your hairloss?

Any help would be much appreciated.

vitamin C - 500 mg. of ascorbic acid
aged garlic extract - 300 mg.
cayenne/ginger - 780 mg.
turmeric extract (Meriva) - 500 mg.
algae extract (Omega 3) - 500 mg.
MSM (OptiMSM)- 1000 mg.

You can buy these online at iHerb.com or vitacost.com. Please refer there for more information about brands and their availability. Actually, I have found that supplements that have worked well on my hair are also very good for joint pain and flexibility. They increase circulation and reduce inflammation. Aged garlic extract and turmeric (curcumin) will also reduce some DHT.

Hope they help,
TN

Mr Blonde

Reaction score
cayenne/ginger - 780 mg.
MSM (OptiMSM)- 1000 mg.

You can buy these online at iHerb.com or vitacost.com. Please refer there for more information about brands and their availability. Actually, I have found that supplements that have worked well on my hair are also very good for joint pain and flexibility. They increase circulation and reduce inflammation. Aged garlic extract and turmeric (curcumin) will also reduce some DHT.

Hope they help,
TN

Thanks man. The only trouble I'm having finding exact matches for are Algae extract and OptiMSM.

When I search for Algae extract I get Spirulina is that correct? the closest I can get is http://www.vitacost.com/klamath-blue-green-algae-superfood and Omega 3 searches just throw up fish oils results which I dont think is something you take?

The only exact OptiMSM result I can get is http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-liquid-glucosamine-chondroitin-and-optimsm

Please advise on those two if you get the chance and thanks for the help so far, much appreciated.

Mr Blonde

Reaction score
cayenne/ginger - 780 mg.
MSM (OptiMSM)- 1000 mg.

Hope they help,
TN

cayenne/ginger - 780 mg.
MSM (OptiMSM)- 1000 mg.

Hope they help,
TN

Thanks man. The only trouble I'm having finding exact matches for are Algae extract and OptiMSM.

When I search for Algae extract I get Spirulina is that correct? the closest I can get is http://www.vitacost.com/klamath-blue-green-algae-superfood and Omega 3 searches just throw up fish oils results which I dont think is something you take?

The only exact OptiMSM result I can get is http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-liquid-glucosamine-chondroitin-and-optimsm

Please advise on those two if you get the chance and thanks for the help so far, much appreciated.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Specifically, it is Omega 3 derived from an algae plant source. I use the Ovega brand, but there are others. Go to iHerb.com, do a search of "OptiMsM" or "MSM," and plenty of brands will come up.

Hope this helps,
TN

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
LOT,

Not a vegetarian. Just wanted to supplement Omega-3 from other than a fish source. I am actually very thankful that this thread re-educated me as to the necessity of EFAs.

TN

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
pow!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
..sorry, but this thread is going nowhere's...this isn't the magic bullet, not by a long-shot...

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried prescription grade fish oil known as Lovaza, they claim its the purest. Also, another prescription fish oil, Vascepa, is going to be available soon. Im not sure if this study has been posted,

Attenuation of niacin-induced prostaglandin D(2) generation by omega-3 fatty acids in THP-1 macrophages and Langerhans dendritic cells.

Niacin, also known as nicotinic acid, is an organic compound that has several cardio-beneficial effects. However, its use is limited due to the induction of a variable flushing response in most individuals. Flushing occurs from a niacin receptor mediated generation of prostaglandins from arachidonic acid metabolism. This study examined the ability of docosahexaenoic acid, eicosapentaenoic acid, and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), to attenuate niacin-induced prostaglandins in THP-1 macrophages. Niacin induced both PGD[SUB]2[/SUB] and PGE[SUB]2[/SUB] generation in a dose-dependent manner. Niacin also caused an increase in cytosolic calcium and activation of cytosolic phospholipase A[SUB]2[/SUB]. The increase in PGD[SUB]2[/SUB] and PGE[SUB]2[/SUB] was reduced by both docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid, but not by oleic acid. Omega-3 PUFAs efficiently incorporated into cellular phospholipids at the expense of arachidonic acid, whereas oleic acid incorporated to a higher extent but had no effect on arachidonic acid levels. Omega-3 PUFAs also reduced surface expression of GPR109A, a human niacin receptor. Furthermore, omega-3 PUFAs also inhibited the niacin-induced increase in cytosolic calcium. Niacin and/or omega-3 PUFAs minimally affected cyclooxygenase-1 activity and had no effect on cyclooxygenase -2 activity. The effects of niacin on PGD[SUB]2[/SUB] generation were further confirmed using Langerhans dendritic cells. Results of the present study indicate that omega-3 PUFAs reduced niacin-induced prostaglandins formation by diminishing the availability of their substrate, as well as reducing the surface expression of niacin receptors. In conclusion, this study suggests that the regular use of omega-3 PUFAs along with niacin can potentially reduce the niacin-induced flushing response in sensitive patients....

...The data indicated that omega-3 PUFAs can effectively inhibit niacin-induced synthesis of PGD
[SUB]2[/SUB] and PGE[SUB]2[/SUB], the key mediators of flushing caused by niacin intake. The possible inhibitory mechanisms appear to be diminished niacin receptor expression and reduced availability of AA, a substrate for PGD[SUB]2[/SUB] and PGE[SUB]2[/SUB] synthesis. These effects are mediated within cellular membranes and are based on the enhanced incorporation of omega-3 PUFAs into membrane phospholipids. Therefore, this study suggests that regular intake of fish, fish oil supplements, prescription grade DHA and EPA formulation (GlaxoSmithKline) or other commercially available DHA-, and EPA-enriched preparations, will not only be beneficial in reducing the flushing response of niacin, but also provide several known cardio-beneficial effects.

http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC3308705