Topical Zinc Thymulin For The Treatments Of Androgenetic Alopecia

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if I'm getting this right, this thymulin decreases the inflammation caused by DHT and thus we would not need to use an anti-androgen alongside this treatment and it also promotes neogenesis which allows for the growth of existing and new follicles?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if I'm getting this right, this thymulin decreases the inflammation caused by DHT and thus we would not need to use an anti-androgen alongside this treatment and it also promotes neogenesis which allows for the growth of existing and new follicles?

it's important to point out that "inflammation" represents tenths or possibly hundreds of different molecular pathways with a similar outcome: put the cells in attack mode against an agressor and solicit intervention of aggressive white cells. While beneficial in the short-term, could accelerate aging, oxidation, and death of useful cells in the long-term.

So, DHT is probably an initiatior of inflammation, causing more than one activated pathway. In some people some pathways are more used/relevant than others to kill hair, the probable explanation why therapies work or not in a very case-by-case fashion.

"thymulin increases the anti-inflammatory activity of a specific inhibitor of the NF-κB signaling pathway, IκB kinase (IKK) inhibitor XII, in mice with acute septic inflammation"

it's possible that if thymulin blocks one pathway activated by DHT, there's still others to block. I conceive a future without finasteride when you have to use between 5 and 10 different topicals, covering all pathways, but remaining NW0 for life.

lothar972

Reaction score
I will ask about question 1, but I do not think there would be a worsening of the condition. Read the full study and let me know what you think, if you haven’t already. As for question 2, there are no side effects, as our body already produces thymulin but at very low levels after puberty. The only “side effect” is a strengthening of the immune system, and tissue repair - search “bodybuilding tb500”. It is a peptide almost identical to this one, professional bodybuilders use it for muscular injuries and report miraculous recovery times. They also report reversal of hair loss in many cases I’ve found online, and they aren’t even applying it to their scalp. In fact, hair growth is a side effect of what this peptide is actually used for.

It is identical to tb500? There are some cancer worries about tb500. Could u ask about this

paracelsus

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead Do you know anything about the stability of this compound? How heat and light stable is it?

It is going to take a lot of time to get it shipped from Australia and ideally it should remain stable during the transit time.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead Do you know anything about the stability of this compound? How heat and light stable is it?

It is going to take a lot of time to get it shipped from Australia and ideally it should remain stable during the transit time.
the product is sold as a powder which is stable at room temperature. You just need to mix it with distilled water.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is identical to tb500? There are some cancer worries about tb500. Could u ask about this
Not really an expert on tb500 but i remember it was found around cancer cells , so they originally thought it caused cancer but then they concluded it helped supress it , but i might be wrong.
I wouldnt worry too much though , its pretty mainstream to link everything to cancer nowadays

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really an expert on tb500 but i remember it was found around cancer cells , so they originally thought it caused cancer but then they concluded it helped supress it , but i might be wrong.
I wouldnt worry too much though , its pretty mainstream to link everything to cancer nowadays
Early on, scientists noticed that there were high levels of thymosin beta 4 (aka tb500, which is the name of the synthesized peptide that is basically thymosin beta 4) around cancer cells and thus thought that it was the cause of the cancer - however, further researched proved the exact opposite. Thymosin beta 4’s primary action is to generate healthy white blood cells, which actually fights cancer cells. This is the immune systems natural response to fight cancer. If anything, this peptide would decrease the risk of cancer. Keep in mind that the peptide we are talking about (thymulin) is basically the same as thymosin beta 4 / tb500.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's important to point out that "inflammation" represents tenths or possibly hundreds of different molecular pathways with a similar outcome: put the cells in attack mode against an agressor and solicit intervention of aggressive white cells. While beneficial in the short-term, could accelerate aging, oxidation, and death of useful cells in the long-term.

So, DHT is probably an initiatior of inflammation, causing more than one activated pathway. In some people some pathways are more used/relevant than others to kill hair, the probable explanation why therapies work or not in a very case-by-case fashion.

"thymulin increases the anti-inflammatory activity of a specific inhibitor of the NF-κB signaling pathway, IκB kinase (IKK) inhibitor XII, in mice with acute septic inflammation"

it's possible that if thymulin blocks one pathway activated by DHT, there's still others to block. I conceive a future without finasteride when you have to use between 5 and 10 different topicals, covering all pathways, but remaining NW0 for life.
You bring up a solid point about DHT’s role in multiple inflammatory pathways, there could be more in which we are not aware of. However Thymosin beta 4 / thymulin is an antioxidant and extremely anti-apoptic. The main point is even though this peptide is anti- inflammatory and antioxidative, it triggers a powerful response from stem cells to regenerate tissue and in this case, hair follicles. So, my point is, DHT is causing apoptosis (cell death)through multiple pathways in hair follicles - but this peptide is regenerating cells and preventing apoptosis where it is applied. Keep in mind this a relatively new peptide and I wouldn’t be surprised to see this being used in FDA approves regenerative medicine in the future.

BlueHorseshoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this clinic/doctor able to sell to individuals at $6-800 for a year supply, or is that price only through a group buy?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The price he gave me was $500-$575 (the manufacturing lab has not reached a final price but just an estimate for now) per individual for a years supply. No group buy is needed.

Thanks for the info. 500$ is peanuts if this is truly a solid treatment.

d974

My Regimen
Reaction score
The price he gave me was $500-$575 (the manufacturing lab has not reached a final price but just an estimate for now) per individual for a years supply. No group buy is needed.

Is that USD or AUD?