Topical Zinc Thymulin For The Treatments Of Androgenetic Alopecia

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean isn't seti just for maintenance anyway?

No, this guy thinks it was supposed to give a thick NW0, and he's disappointed that it doesn't, so now he goes around shitting on Seti everywhere he goes. Not even estrogen + CPA give a NW0 most of the time, and Seti blocks one teeny tiny receptor. Just like his avatar says - "OK" indeed...

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you missed something about Westonci's thread about Seti ... the title is clear :

"Update On Prostaglandin Protocol. Officially An Alternative To Finasteride And Minoxidil."

Finasteride and Minoxidil, sorry Captain Obvious, are supposed to give regrowth .... if Seti (his prostaglandin protocol) can be an alternative to Finasteride and Minoxidil, in the mind of Westonci, we can suppose that Seti can give regrowth like Finasteride and Minoxidil do.

Now you will stop to cry everytime I critic or mock Seti or Prostaglandin protocol... live your life.

It’s a potential alternative to those who can’t handle finasteride sides. Most get minimal regrowth if anything from finasteride. Many get some growth from minoxidil but eventually you will end up below baseline without finasteride or an anti-androgen (and eventually, regardless). They really aren’t great options for long term regrowth unless you have extremely mild male pattern baldness and it’s caught early.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's stick to the subject, if you want to talk about seti ... let's do it privately.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on the parade but this is a ton of money to spend on an unproven topical. This was an extremely small study. 18 subjects and only 11 made it to 6 months. Only 3 over 9 months and it appears like 2 of those subjects may have lost ground.

Why did so many subjects stop teatment early? Why does this cost so much money considering the price of the materials? Why is there a consultation fee for what is essentially an over the counter, natural, cosmetic treatment? Finally, it’s so hard to trust studies when the author has $ riding on the outcome.

Edit- I know the composition and process is different and this is just one man making the topical on his own, but you can find solutions with Zinc and Thymulin for under $100 online.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on the parade but this is a ton of money to spend on an unproven topical. This was an extremely small study. 18 subjects and only 11 made it to 6 months. Only 3 over 9 months and it appears like 2 of those subjects may have lost ground.

Why did so many subjects stop teatment early? Why does this cost so much money considering the price of the materials? Why is there a consultation fee for what is essentially an over the counter, natural, cosmetic treatment? Finally, it’s so hard to trust studies when the author has $ riding on the outcome.

Edit- I know the composition and process is different and this is just one man making the topical on his own, but you can find solutions with Zinc and Thymulin for under $100 online.
I addressed this via the email he sent me.

It’s expesnive right now because he’s the sole producer of it and he hand makes it in his own time. There’s a consultation fee because Jen operates out of a clinic. He’s a stem cell surgeon. He’s very open about how he makes it, so it’s not like he’s hiding information so that no one else can make it.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase this very soon, is this group buy happening or should I go ahead on my own? I’ll even split a years supply with one person.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
@IdealForehead Just curious to see what you think of this treatment?

Thanks for tagging me on this. This is really cool looking stuff. Thanks @Georgie for the great find.

This stuff should be incredibly easy to have made up and very cheap too. The original article made synthesis seem more complicated than it needs to be because they were synthesizing their thymulin from scratch. In actual fact, thymulin appears to be plentiful and cheap on Alibaba (CAS #63958-90-7):

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=63958-90-7

Once you already have thymulin, lab synthesis of zinc-thymulin is incredibly simply:

1) Attach zinc ion to thymulin by mixing thymulin with zinc oxide (1:3 w/w) in 10% acetic acid (ie. vinegar).
2) Lyophilize (freeze dry) to yield zinc-thymulin.

That's literally it. This stuff should therefore be incredibly easy for any lab to produce and not expensive at all either.

From raw zinc-thymulin powder, you then would have the following steps to produce a solution matching theirs:

1) Dissolve ZT in distilled water with preservatives benzoic acid, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate - In honesty any preservative could be used here. Lotioncrafter and making cosmetics sell plenty. eg. Optiphen. Just a drop would probably be needed. Or adding 5% or more of ethanol to most solutions works well as a preservative. I doubt alcohol would react with the zinc-thymulin but this would need to be confirmed first. Will post on a chem site to ask.

2) Add citric acid and sodium bicarbonate as buffers to result in a colorless and odorless solution at pH 5.4 - This would be very slightly trickier as you would have to figure out the right amount of each to add to get to this pH, but this honestly wouldn't be hard either. Citric acid is easy to buy and so is sodium bicarbonate (ie. baking soda). pH test strips are cheap and easy to buy also.

Their final result was that they created: "a 100 ml spray bottle containing 0.0005% ZT as the active test agent. Subjects were instructed to spray 1-2 ml of solution, twice daily, and rub into the scalp. Subjects were resupplied with fresh solutions every 6-8 weeks during the trial."

This is an incredibly tiny amount of ZT applied daily. Their concentration suggests only 0.5 mg of ZT is needed in 100 mL of water to make the composition. It would honestly be hard to even measure out this tiny amount. Probably the best way would be to mix 1 litre at a time with 5 mg added to even come close to the correct solution concentration.

I typically have mixed my topical solutions with 20% water. To get the same concentration of ZT into my existing topical, I figure I could add 5 mg ZT to 200 mL water (ie. 5x their concentration), buffer this if needed, and then use that solution as the "water" that I put into my topical base. This would result in a final topical solution concentration again of 0.0005%. It would also avoid requiring any sort of preservative, as I use 20-30% alcohol in my standard topicals, and that works as a perfect preservative already.

This has definitely piqued my interest. I've emailed Luo to see how much he would charge per gram for synthesis of this stuff. If his price is very bad, I'll try someone else. It should be relatively cheap. Like I said, all they have to do is get the thymulin premade from another neighboring factory, test it to confirm structure, add to zinc oxide in vinegar, and then freeze dry it.

Could be a good new growth stimulant. I've always wanted a good peptide in my hair formulations. I also would like the idea of zinc given that we have some people that claim good results with it. This could be good for providing both.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for tagging me on this. This is really cool looking stuff. Thanks @Georgie for the great find.

This stuff should be incredibly easy to have made up and very cheap too. The original article made synthesis seem more complicated than it needs to be because they were synthesizing their thymulin from scratch. In actual fact, thymulin appears to be plentiful and cheap on Alibaba (CAS #63958-90-7):

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=63958-90-7

Once you already have thymulin, lab synthesis of zinc-thymulin is incredibly simply:

1) Attach zinc ion to thymulin by mixing thymulin with zinc oxide (1:3 w/w) in 10% acetic acid (ie. vinegar).
2) Lyophilize (freeze dry) to yield zinc-thymulin.

That's literally it. This stuff should therefore be incredibly easy for any lab to produce and not expensive at all either.

From raw zinc-thymulin powder, you then would have the following steps to produce a solution matching theirs:

1) Dissolve ZT in distilled water with preservatives benzoic acid, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate - In honesty any preservative could be used here. Lotioncrafter and making cosmetics sell plenty. eg. Optiphen. Just a drop would probably be needed. Or adding 5% or more of ethanol to most solutions works well as a preservative. I doubt alcohol would react with the zinc-thymulin but this would need to be confirmed first. Will post on a chem site to ask.

2) Add citric acid and sodium bicarbonate as buffers to result in a colorless and odorless solution at pH 5.4 - This would be very slightly trickier as you would have to figure out the right amount of each to add to get to this pH, but this honestly wouldn't be hard either. Citric acid is easy to buy and so is sodium bicarbonate (ie. baking soda). pH test strips are cheap and easy to buy also.

Their final result was that they created: "a 100 ml spray bottle containing 0.0005% ZT as the active test agent. Subjects were instructed to spray 1-2 ml of solution, twice daily, and rub into the scalp. Subjects were resupplied with fresh solutions every 6-8 weeks during the trial."

This is an incredibly tiny amount of ZT applied daily. Their concentration suggests only 0.5 mg of ZT is needed in 100 mL of water to make the composition. It would honestly be hard to even measure out this tiny amount. Probably the best way would be to mix 1 litre at a time with 5 mg added to even come close to the correct solution concentration.

I typically have mixed my topical solutions with 20% water. To get the same concentration of ZT into my existing topical, I figure I could add 5 mg ZT to 200 mL water (ie. 5x their concentration), buffer this if needed, and then use that solution as the "water" that I put into my topical base. This would result in a final topical solution concentration again of 0.0005%. It would also avoid requiring any sort of preservative, as I use 20-30% alcohol in my standard topicals, and that works as a perfect preservative already.

This has definitely piqued my interest. I've emailed Luo to see how much he would charge per gram for synthesis of this stuff. If his price is very bad, I'll try someone else. It should be relatively cheap. Like I said, all they have to do is get the thymulin premade from another neighboring factory, test it to confirm structure, add to zinc oxide in vinegar, and then freeze dry it.

Could be a good new growth stimulant. I've always wanted a good peptide in my hair formulations. I also would like the idea of zinc given that we have some people that claim good results with it. This could be good for providing both.
fascinating keep us updated

Olgu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pictures look really good! I would be interested in a group buy - depending on the price.

Maybe the doctor can give us some price indications for different quantities ( for example supply for 1, 10, 20, 50, 100 years)

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would also be in for a group 6 month supply! I think maybe if there is enough of us he would waive the fee?