Topical Finasteride - User Experiences

getting_back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update.. I do see some regrowth on my temples. minoxidil + topical finasteride seems to do the trick for me. Progress is slow but steady

JohnS6512

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I get topical finasteride in the U.S. (can/will Farmacia Parati ship here)?

If the answer is yes, how much does it cost?

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used the Finasteride Liposomal 1,5% (from Parati) for about 4 to 5 months. Quit 2 months ago after my hairline only got progressively worse even when combined with oral finasteride 1,25 mg.

Started with 2,5%, quit oral finasteride 1,25 mg 3 weeks before to make sure my DHT levels were sort of normal. I got massive sides, on the 2,5% formula much worse than I ever had on oral. After 2 weeks I dropped to 1,5% and had barely any sides.

From that point on I combined the topical with oral finasteride 1,25 mg. Had the same mildish sides I've always had on oral. Reason I combined them was that the oral alone was not saving my hairline over the years. So I figured using both together would surely have the best results. After I started with the topical my hairline started to get progressively worse. In about 4 months I lost a quarter to a half an inch on my hairline (not exaggerating in the slightest).

This is my personal experience, maybe someone else will have better luck. But the fact that the topical made my hairloss worse even while I was on oral at the same time makes me very skeptical.

I have seen posts here and on reddit that also showed skepticism towards the liposomal formula. It seems that almost everybody on the internet who used 2,5% got massive sides. The official 'study' done may as well have had positive results because these people wouldn't have sides from finasteride to begin with and their serum DHT was lowered enough to stop their hairloss.

This also does not bode well for the Italian lotion, since it intends to do something similar. Lowering DHT with S-eqol and combining it with liposomes to prevent it from affecting serum levels.

Did your hair go back to normal after stopping topical finasteride? I am 8 weeks on it and seeing it only getting worse

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did your hair go back to normal after stopping topical finasteride? I am 8 weeks on it and seeing it only getting worse

I am not sure, my hairline is still aggressively receding. It might be related to the topical, it might not be. I'm hopping on CB soon, hopefully it will help stabilize.

As for you case, I do not know if shedding on finasteride after 2 months is normal. I personally never experienced shedding on finasteride, which for me was the reason to drop the topical. Some people do experience shedding on finasteride, so it's hard to draw any conclusions.

On thing to note is that I have a mild allergic reaction to the topical. My forehead suddenly got deep wrinkles (dehydration) and I got dark circles. It always happened directly after application. Generally this is a sign that there is an allergic reaction something.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I will contact the Doctor after New Years
and just use it on one side.

On no medication I had never such a thinning hairline as on this stuff. Sides are only low Libido instead of complete ED

I hope that the hair will go back to normal after dropping it

I am using Minoxidil on the back o the head, can this be caused by it?

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone got a prescription for topical from the UK ?
You don't need prescription for topical finasteride from UK if you order from eBay (there's cheap generic minoxidil+finasteride called morr f sold from India).

If you want to go with liposomes then you will need a prescription, in such case I got it from an online doctor. Sent the prescription to Farmacia Parati and they had it done and sent over to me.

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using Minoxidil on the back o the head, can this be caused by it?

Yes absolutely. I used Minoxidill for beard growth for a while in the past and even that affected my hairline negatively. If you apply it to you scalp, you need to cover all balding areas at least. Otherwise the surrounding hair will be affected.

Leydig4

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, be nice this is my first post but I've been stalking these forums for months.

I currently use a 0.2% finasteride 5% minoxidil in a liposomal base made by a compounding pharmacy in Canada. You do need a prescription but honestly it is so worth it. I've had very minimal sides and other than a decreased libido that fixed itself within a week I have 0 sides as of now. Liposomal is the way to go. The pharmacy I used was Ultima Apothecary in Windsor, Ontario if anyone is interested. They are really quick with everything which is nice since it seems like they've been doing this kind of stuff for a while.

br1

Reaction score
Hey guys, be nice this is my first post but I've been stalking these forums for months.

I currently use a 0.2% finasteride 5% minoxidil in a liposomal base made by a compounding pharmacy in Canada. You do need a prescription but honestly it is so worth it. I've had very minimal sides and other than a decreased libido that fixed itself within a week I have 0 sides as of now. Liposomal is the way to go. The pharmacy I used was Ultima Apothecary in Windsor, Ontario if anyone is interested. They are really quick with everything which is nice since it seems like they've been doing this kind of stuff for a while.
How long have you been using it? Does it work like the pill?

USF813

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Morrf is sold in Bangkok? Heading to Thailand in February and would be great to bring back a dozen bottles. Willing to try anything other than oral finasteride before I break the bank with a hair transplant.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this isnt allowed on here...but I've moved from topical to internal finasteride and have four x 30ml of the topical finasteride (2.5%), from the Italian pharmacy, that im willing to sell. PM please if interested. US based only (mailing internationally is $$$).

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started with 0.1% finasteride in 5% minoxidil today. There was nothing on the bottle to indicate how many “pumps” from the foam applicator to use, so I just did three quarter-sized dollops around my hairline and crown.

I’d also like to point out that some people have said 0.1% is the equivalent of 1mg oral. This is not true. Most literature would suggest that at most 30% of the solution will be absorbed systemically, which comes out to 0.3mg orally. But with the tendency of finasteride to accumulate over time, it doesn’t really matter anyways.

I’m planning on starting with three times a week, will update you guys if I get any sides. FWIW I got sides on 0.25mg ED oral finasteride

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started with 0.1% finasteride in 5% minoxidil today. There was nothing on the bottle to indicate how many “pumps” from the foam applicator to use, so I just did three quarter-sized dollops around my hairline and crown.

I’d also like to point out that some people have said 0.1% is the equivalent of 1mg oral. This is not true. Most literature would suggest that at most 30% of the solution will be absorbed systemically, which comes out to 0.3mg orally. But with the tendency of finasteride to accumulate over time, it doesn’t really matter anyways.

I’m planning on starting with three times a week, will update you guys if I get any sides. FWIW I got sides on 0.25mg ED oral finasteride

.3 mg orally yields similar results to 1 mg. No need for more imo if ur dodging oral in the first place.
Did you get ED in the first few weeks? Bc that’s naturally and fades away overtime. In my case rn the only side im experiencing MAYBE (it might just be the anxiety or the nocebo effect) is chest or maybe breast pain. I already had pubertal gyno prior to taking finasteride & decided to take the risk. Starting week 2 and that’s the one fear I have.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.3 mg orally yields similar results to 1 mg. No need for more imo if ur dodging oral in the first place.
Did you get ED in the first few weeks? Bc that’s naturally and fades away overtime. In my case rn the only side im experiencing MAYBE (it might just be the anxiety or the nocebo effect) is chest or maybe breast pain. I already had pubertal gyno prior to taking finasteride & decided to take the risk. Starting week 2 and that’s the one fear I have.
On the contrary my libido shot up for the first couple weeks before going down to baseline then way past it until my dick might as well have fell off

TakenYouth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys!
I am 24 years old about nw2 and i would like to try topical finasteride.I would dump some powder in minoxidil solution.Anything else i could add to minoxidil to enhance the results?
Thanks for ur time