Topical Finasteride - User Experiences

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's one guy who claims success with topical fina and no sides

That vape guy who responded has been collaborating with me on making my transition from oral to topical. He says it has been a god send for him.

I’ve been 13 years on oral and I’m two weeks into topical. I’m phasing out oral at a lower dose (0.5mg EOD, soon to be 0.25mg EOD for 2 more weeks, then nothing) so I don’t lose any efficacy until I realize topical (0.025%) works for me. I’m optimistic.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used .01% formulation of topical finasteride from Murray apothecary from 11/20 to 8/21 but had to stop because my schwanz felt like cold, numb bologna in my hand. It ramped up slowly over time, but the sides were undeniable. I switched to micro-needling, RU and minoxidil only. My libido came charging back in about 6 weeks. Not sure how effective this new regimen is yet. The finasteride worked on my hair (obviously since the sides come from killing DHT, which is killing the hair) but it just wasn't worth it.

I am hopeful for Kintor's Pyrilutamide topical. Got in on a group buy last week. Should be receiving in February.
can you not taln like a total degenerate? seriously almost throw up to read this boomer sh*t. 0.01%? so you did homeopathy?

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You realize that's 1mg per ml right? That's plenty to give sides
it is not.

with topical systemic impact is much lower, only 10-15% can penetrate the skin and pass the blood. peak plamsa concentration with 1mg oral vs topical is 50times less with topical

also importantly, 0.01% solution is 1mg per 10ml or 0.1mg per ml.

say 20% of this goes systemic then you look at 0.002mg per day. sure this can impact dht but we know that 0.001mg only suppresses it by about 10% vs 6% suppression in control group.

so it is a ridiculous small impact, peobably less than 200 fold less than 1mg oral ED and thats a fact

Jackshtbro

My Regimen
Reaction score
it is not.

with topical systemic impact is much lower, only 10-15% can penetrate the skin and pass the blood. peak plamsa concentration with 1mg oral vs topical is 50times less with topical

also importantly, 0.01% solution is 1mg per 10ml or 0.1mg per ml.

say 20% of this goes systemic then you look at 0.002mg per day. sure this can impact dht but we know that 0.001mg only suppresses it by about 10% vs 6% suppression in control group.

so it is a ridiculous small impact, peobably less than 200 fold less than 1mg oral ED and thats a fact
Yeah you're right, had 0.1% in my mind.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using topical minoxidil and finasteride for over a year now. The sides aren't as bad as before, but it's still there. I haven't seen any new hair, but it's kept me from losing any more hair. We just have to wait for better stuff that actually gives us hair... Sucks.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using topical minoxidil and finasteride for over a year now. The sides aren't as bad as before, but it's still there. I haven't seen any new hair, but it's kept me from losing any more hair. We just have to wait for better stuff that actually gives us hair... Sucks.
whqt sides oral vs topical?

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is topical as effective as oral? I wouldn't mind getting off the oral version for a topical if it works as well and doesn't go as systemic

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Is topical as effective as oral? I wouldn't mind getting off the oral version for a topical if it works as well and doesn't go as systemic
Supposedly. Many people have had the same efficacy as oral but with much less or no side effects. I'm going through the transition now.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost 4 months in and still going strong. No sides and hair is great. I just ordered a customized solution from Happy Head, 0.025% finasteride and 6% min. I've been making my own and it's working great so far, but I figure I want a pure version from a pharmacy.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Never seen any photo evidence of topical working better than oral. Anyone have a case to post with photos?

dahman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm taking 0.1% topical finasteride, have been since late November. I'm actually experiencing some regrowth too. However I do have side effects, I'm going to attempt to get topical liposomal finasteride for my next prescription

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm taking 0.1% topical finasteride, have been since late November. I'm actually experiencing some regrowth too. However I do have side effects, I'm going to attempt to get topical liposomal finasteride for my next prescription
Drop it to 0.05% or 0.025%. 0.1% is overkill especially if you're getting sides.

bsmith

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use it. It works really well. I only use .1% topical mixed with 15% Minoxidil. Use it twice daily. Sometimes I take oral Finasteride.