Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on that study:

Our study suggests that topical application of finasteride does not result in significant systemic absorption. Despite daily application of 2.5–5 mg of topical finasteride, there was no increase in circulating testosterone or decrease in DHT levels over 6 months.

They hypothesize topical finasteride doesn't work because they had no results. But they also saw almost no systemic absorption. This seems to bring them to the conclusion that inhibiting 5-alpha-reductase locally has no effect, but also that topical finasteride doesn't systemically absorb.

But they don't know whether they even inhibited 5-alpha reductase locally. It's unlikely because we already know that applying finasteride topically to the scalp results in significant systemic absorption, reducing circulating dht levels. Studies show it and our own experiences show it. The much more likely answer is that their finasteride didn't reach the follicle and wasn't absorbed properly. And you should note that this is a study on women, applied to their upper abdomen for hirsutism.

All of this is aside from the fact that other studies support the idea that dht is a paracrine hormone.
yes the hirutism I know about, and I should have noted that, but penetration into the abdomen is alot harder than the scalp so it makes sense that it didnt penetrate deep enough to have an effect and they didnt mention any microneedling either...but still who said it was enough to block scalp DHT and not serum DHT to keep or regrow hair? moreplatesmoredates said that ORAL dutasteride outperformed topical dutasteride and even mesotherapy, so this proves that only reducing local DHT may not be enough for some people. Atm I have only heard about mustang and sonictemples on this thread that have had results. so yeah. and more and more people dont even trust mustang anymore.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I needle .75-1mm every other week, will I be increasing systemic absorption if I do it 3-4 days apart from application? Would the long half life effect it

Last edited:

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello People, i have some (maybe ?) important news about Trichosol and Dutasteride.
Few days ago i was reading the Fagron PDF about Trichosol and saw it was written they advices to use a simple alcohol based vehicule ( eth/pg/water) for the use of dutasteride instead of Trichosol.

So...i sending Fagron an email about this...

They answered me ( i won't paste the mail there since it was in french), but i have to summarize they told me Dutasteride was unstable after a FEW DAYS in trichosol, yes, Dutasteride in trichosol, in a few day , create lumps, so according to Fagron, it's very not a good idea to use Dutasteride in their Trichosol.

So, since i want to do my own topical dutasteride, i will work on a self made vehicle with cyclodextrine.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The person that told you that clearly has zero understanding of what he is talking about. Their website even recommends it.

Dutasteride is stable for 90 days on Trichosol or more, I've been using it for 10 months with Trichosol with better results than any other carrier and it has never gotten lumpy.

Fragon's compatibility chart is here: https://es.fagron.com/sites/default...bla_compatibilidades_trichoconcept_2019_0.pdf

They list Dutasteride up to 0.25% as compatible which is what the Andorran Pharmacy has been selling for years. They also add Cremophor RH40 which avoids Dutasteride or Finasteride getting lump and makes it completely stable for 120 days.

Last edited:

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The person that told you that clearly has zero understanding of what he is talking about. Their website even recommends it.

Dutasteride is stable for 90 days on Trichosol or more, I've been using it for 10 months with Trichosol with better results than any other carrier and it has never gotten lumpy.

Fragon's compatibility chart is here: https://es.fagron.com/sites/default...bla_compatibilidades_trichoconcept_2019_0.pdf

They list Dutasteride up to 0.25% as compatible which is what the Andorran Pharmacy has been selling for years. They also add Cremophor RH40 which avoids Dutasteride or Finasteride getting lump and makes it completely stable for 120 days.
@Seuxin and @Mustang we need to figure this out since I’ve been using trichosol and need to know if I should stop

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Seuxin and @Mustang we need to figure this out since I’ve been using trichosol and need to know if I should stop

Why would you stop? Trichosol was designed for these compounds and it's sold worldwide by Fragon for years. It has been tested on hundreds of patients and is offered by dozens of Pharmacies here in Spain.

One idiot in France is saying it is not stable. Chill. I don't mean you @Seuxin but the guy that answered your email

You should post his entire email to see if he is talking about lumps. Dutasteride is stable for 90-120 days regardless of the vehicle (Liposomal, Alchool, DMI, Trichosol, PG/ETH, sterile solution). What expires or loses potency is the drug, not the vehicle. If he just meant lumps of the product then yes. RH40 has to be used which is what all pharmacies here in Spain do.

Last edited:

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you stop? Trichosol was designed for these compounds and it's sold worldwide by Fragon for years. It has been tested on hundreds of patients and is offered by dozens of Pharmacies here in Spain.

One idiot in France is saying it is not stable. Chill. I don't mean you @Seuxin but the guy that answered your email

You should post his entire email to see if he is talking about lumps. Dutasteride is stable for 90-120 days regardless of the vehicle (Liposomal, Alchool, DMI, Trichosol, PG/ETH, sterile solution). What expires or loses potency is the drug, not the vehicle. If he just meant lumps of the product then yes. RH40 has to be used which is what all pharmacies here in Spain do.
What do you mean by lumps? Isn’t it already in a liquid gel when you dump the tablets in the solution anyways

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I originally asked the trichosol guy when I bought it and he said it works fine but I can ask again

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Dutasteride is made from powder. Not liquid gel. Pharmacies purchase pharma grade raw powder.

I think what this guy means is that it can get solidified or not properly dissolved by "lumps".

This can't happen if using RH40. I think the French employee probably has no idea about this but this is actually what Fagron recommends for Finasteride and Dutasteride.

I have a bottle of Parati's here and one from the Andorran pharmacy (trichosol). Cristal clear liquid.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

>>>> It's directly Fagron who told me that.... Want proof ? They clearly told me they saw Dutasteride created lumps in a few days after and they don't recommande to use dutasteride in Trichosol anymore actually..... Why should they lie ?

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
>>>> It's directly Fagron who told me that.... Want proof ? They clearly told me they saw Dutasteride created lumps in a few days after and they don't recommande to use dutasteride in Trichosol anymore actually..... Why should they lie ?
There website says otherwise and a guy I asked said otherwise. Also, I mix mine with the gel tablets so I don’t have these lumps. I don’t know if the gel tablets are better to mix with though but it could be true

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is the FAGRON PDF about Trichosol use....they speak about Dutasteride and.....

1620302761087.png

Then, after :

1620303156408.png

Here is the email they send me :

1620303141190.png

Now.....Red pill vs Blue pill......

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's crazy. The same table on their Spanish site is indicated with Trichosol.

Their UK website also states Dutasteride in Trichosol as a standard formula: https://uk.fagron.com/en-gb/knowledge/compounding-matters/formulas

I don't think she is lying. She just doesn't know what she is talking about.

Dutasteride is so stable on Trichosol that I got a significant reduction on serum DHT when using 0.5% 3 months after the bottle was made and I kept it in a suitcase. So much for it losing potency ... . Same happened with Parati's at 0.5%

Kevin Mann (the youtuber on hairloss) used Dutasteride on Trichosol for 4 weeks and posted his scalp DHT. It continued to decline more and more each week.

Attachments

• tabla_compatibilidades_trichoconcept_2019_0-page-001.jpg
    tabla_compatibilidades_trichoconcept_2019_0-page-001.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 132

grg19ggls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the FAGRON PDF about Trichosol use....they speak about Dutasteride and.....

View attachment 161722

Then, after :

View attachment 161724

Here is the email they send me :

View attachment 161723

Now.....Red pill vs Blue pill......
I had the same discussion with : - the Fagron Branch in France, -the Fagron Branch in Spain, - the Fagron Branch in Netherlands, - the Fagron Branch in Greece.
The ONLY Fagron Branch that claimed that "Dutasteride can not be dissolved in Trichosol/Trichofoam" was the the Netherlands Branch.
ALL the Rest Branches attached me the "Compounding Instruction for Dutasteride + Trichosol Solution".
So I guess the Branch in Netherlands misses some Information.
I attach you the compatibility table by the Greek Branch.

1620304607927.png

Attachments

• Dutasteride in Trichosol.png
    Dutasteride in Trichosol.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Dutasteride+Minoxidil in Trichosol. .png
    Dutasteride+Minoxidil in Trichosol. .png
    390.6 KB · Views: 83

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had this bottle for 2-3 months
No lumps. Hair loss stable.

Attachments

• IMG_3708.jpg
    IMG_3708.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3707.jpg
    IMG_3707.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 159

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's weird the french chart seems fairly new i have never seen it before compared to all the previous one . is trichosol the vehicle that prevents systemic absorption the most ?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that's weird the french chart seems fairly new i have never seen it before compared to all the previous one . is trichosol the vehicle that prevents systemic absorption the most ?
Until having real data we cannot know about systemic absoption comparaison. I think i will do myself a vehicle : Eth/pg/tween80/cyclodextrine