Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it me or is it becoming more and more evident that Mustang may be a representative of Dr. Mwamba, if not himself? Another person said this in a rather insulting fashion a few messages before, I don't agree with his manners but I don't really trust Mustang either, started to get suspicious when he didn't share his blood work and agreed to sell bottles to forum members at the beginning of the thread.

I read a few parts of the thread but seems like you guys keep going over and over a single successful case for 68 pages in a row, despite some people claiming bad side effects from topical dutasteride... I wanted to use it but I'm not too sure after reading this. Also, I read that liposomal reduces the chance of sides, but on the tresless subreddit they've mentioned some clinics withdrawing the liposomal presentation due to increased sides. Who can we believe in?

Are there any other success stories here appart from Mustang's?
Apart from Mustang, I think only Sonic has claimed that he got results. From his pictures, you can see some change but very minor so to say. He makes his own batch with Avodart capsules, and as I said earlier, it seems logical to me.

Paul C

My Regimen
Reaction score
The discord has been organised somewhat (props to sonic) into specific channels e.g results, side effects etc but cmon you gotta put in a lil bit of effort man lol. There is no general consensus rn mate... but me, I’ve personally decided its a way more common sense application than taking any 5arI orally:) Efficacy is my biggest concern atm too!
Ok mate I’ll get off my butt and check it out.

Can you or someone send the link?

Delriver

My Regimen
Reaction score
topical duta has proven his ability to reduce scalp dht, so if ur hairloss is hormonal, it works
Do you have any reference to this information? An skin biopsy, a scientific study, any kind of hard data. Thank you
Apart from Mustang, I think only Sonic has claimed that he got results. From his pictures, you can see some change but very minor so to say. He makes his own batch with Avodart capsules, and as I said earlier, it seems logical to me.
But the excipients from the pills might get in the way of the mix, doesn't it? Even if you buy the vehicle and do it exactly like the compounding pharmacy, you don't have access to the "pure" original active compound, but a pill with solid excipients already added that make for 90% of the pill weight and could complicate the dilution...

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any reference to this information? An skin biopsy, a scientific study, any kind of hard data. Thank you

But the excipients from the pills might get in the way of the mix, doesn't it? Even if you buy the vehicle and do it exactly like the compounding pharmacy, you don't have access to the "pure" original active compound, but a pill with solid excipients already added that make for 90% of the pill weight and could complicate the dilution...
Its gel not pill

losingbattle88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(00)00600-2/fulltext pretty interesting study from 2000, this shows that topical isnt enough for some people, cause there is plenty of circulating DHT in the blood that reach the folicle that isnt being blocked, and this could be a problem for people who are overly sensitive to DHT and have high DHT in blood.

"finasteride may partially inhibit type 1 5α-reductase and decrease the production of DHT at the level of the hair follicle. Of course, the action of finasteride may also involve a combination of these methods. The lack of effect of topical finasteride suggests that oral finasteride works by decreasing circulating DHT levels."

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Kaneshop sells dutasteride powder. https://thekaneshop.com/product/dutasteride-2/

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(00)00600-2/fulltext pretty interesting study from 2000, this shows that topical isnt enough for some people, cause there is plenty of circulating DHT in the blood that reach the folicle that isnt being blocked, and this could be a problem for people who are overly sensitive to DHT and have high DHT in blood.

"finasteride may partially inhibit type 1 5α-reductase and decrease the production of DHT at the level of the hair follicle. Of course, the action of finasteride may also involve a combination of these methods. The lack of effect of topical finasteride suggests that oral finasteride works by decreasing circulating DHT levels."

I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on that study:

Our study suggests that topical application of finasteride does not result in significant systemic absorption. Despite daily application of 2.5–5 mg of topical finasteride, there was no increase in circulating testosterone or decrease in DHT levels over 6 months.

They hypothesize topical finasteride doesn't work because they had no results. But they also saw almost no systemic absorption. This seems to bring them to the conclusion that inhibiting 5-alpha-reductase locally has no effect, but also that topical finasteride doesn't systemically absorb.

But they don't know whether they even inhibited 5-alpha reductase locally. It's unlikely because we already know that applying finasteride topically to the scalp results in significant systemic absorption, reducing circulating dht levels. Studies show it and our own experiences show it. The much more likely answer is that their finasteride didn't reach the follicle and wasn't absorbed properly. And you should note that this is a study on women, applied to their upper abdomen for hirsutism.

All of this is aside from the fact that other studies support the idea that dht is a paracrine hormone.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on that study:

Our study suggests that topical application of finasteride does not result in significant systemic absorption. Despite daily application of 2.5–5 mg of topical finasteride, there was no increase in circulating testosterone or decrease in DHT levels over 6 months.

They hypothesize topical finasteride doesn't work because they had no results. But they also saw almost no systemic absorption. This seems to bring them to the conclusion that inhibiting 5-alpha-reductase locally has no effect, but also that topical finasteride doesn't systemically absorb.

But they don't know whether they even inhibited 5-alpha reductase locally. It's unlikely because we already know that applying finasteride topically to the scalp results in significant systemic absorption, reducing circulating dht levels. Studies show it and our own experiences show it. The much more likely answer is that their finasteride didn't reach the follicle and wasn't absorbed properly. And you should note that this is a study on women, applied to their upper abdomen for hirsutism.

All of this is aside from the fact that other studies support the idea that dht is a paracrine hormone.
yes the hirutism I know about, and I should have noted that, but penetration into the abdomen is alot harder than the scalp so it makes sense that it didnt penetrate deep enough to have an effect and they didnt mention any microneedling either...but still who said it was enough to block scalp DHT and not serum DHT to keep or regrow hair? moreplatesmoredates said that ORAL dutasteride outperformed topical dutasteride and even mesotherapy, so this proves that only reducing local DHT may not be enough for some people. Atm I have only heard about mustang and sonictemples on this thread that have had results. so yeah. and more and more people dont even trust mustang anymore.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I needle .75-1mm every other week, will I be increasing systemic absorption if I do it 3-4 days apart from application? Would the long half life effect it

Last edited:

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello People, i have some (maybe ?) important news about Trichosol and Dutasteride.
Few days ago i was reading the Fagron PDF about Trichosol and saw it was written they advices to use a simple alcohol based vehicule ( eth/pg/water) for the use of dutasteride instead of Trichosol.

So...i sending Fagron an email about this...

They answered me ( i won't paste the mail there since it was in french), but i have to summarize they told me Dutasteride was unstable after a FEW DAYS in trichosol, yes, Dutasteride in trichosol, in a few day , create lumps, so according to Fagron, it's very not a good idea to use Dutasteride in their Trichosol.

So, since i want to do my own topical dutasteride, i will work on a self made vehicle with cyclodextrine.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The person that told you that clearly has zero understanding of what he is talking about. Their website even recommends it.

Dutasteride is stable for 90 days on Trichosol or more, I've been using it for 10 months with Trichosol with better results than any other carrier and it has never gotten lumpy.

Fragon's compatibility chart is here: https://es.fagron.com/sites/default...bla_compatibilidades_trichoconcept_2019_0.pdf

They list Dutasteride up to 0.25% as compatible which is what the Andorran Pharmacy has been selling for years. They also add Cremophor RH40 which avoids Dutasteride or Finasteride getting lump and makes it completely stable for 120 days.

Last edited:

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The person that told you that clearly has zero understanding of what he is talking about. Their website even recommends it.

Dutasteride is stable for 90 days on Trichosol or more, I've been using it for 10 months with Trichosol with better results than any other carrier and it has never gotten lumpy.

Fragon's compatibility chart is here: https://es.fagron.com/sites/default...bla_compatibilidades_trichoconcept_2019_0.pdf

They list Dutasteride up to 0.25% as compatible which is what the Andorran Pharmacy has been selling for years. They also add Cremophor RH40 which avoids Dutasteride or Finasteride getting lump and makes it completely stable for 120 days.
@Seuxin and @Mustang we need to figure this out since I’ve been using trichosol and need to know if I should stop

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Seuxin and @Mustang we need to figure this out since I’ve been using trichosol and need to know if I should stop

Why would you stop? Trichosol was designed for these compounds and it's sold worldwide by Fragon for years. It has been tested on hundreds of patients and is offered by dozens of Pharmacies here in Spain.

One idiot in France is saying it is not stable. Chill. I don't mean you @Seuxin but the guy that answered your email

You should post his entire email to see if he is talking about lumps. Dutasteride is stable for 90-120 days regardless of the vehicle (Liposomal, Alchool, DMI, Trichosol, PG/ETH, sterile solution). What expires or loses potency is the drug, not the vehicle. If he just meant lumps of the product then yes. RH40 has to be used which is what all pharmacies here in Spain do.

Last edited:

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you stop? Trichosol was designed for these compounds and it's sold worldwide by Fragon for years. It has been tested on hundreds of patients and is offered by dozens of Pharmacies here in Spain.

One idiot in France is saying it is not stable. Chill. I don't mean you @Seuxin but the guy that answered your email

You should post his entire email to see if he is talking about lumps. Dutasteride is stable for 90-120 days regardless of the vehicle (Liposomal, Alchool, DMI, Trichosol, PG/ETH, sterile solution). What expires or loses potency is the drug, not the vehicle. If he just meant lumps of the product then yes. RH40 has to be used which is what all pharmacies here in Spain do.
What do you mean by lumps? Isn’t it already in a liquid gel when you dump the tablets in the solution anyways

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I originally asked the trichosol guy when I bought it and he said it works fine but I can ask again