Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no consensus since there was no strong study but some analysis reported by customer show a nuke of scalp dht or a big reduction without/ with minimal serum dht reduction

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long would a bottle of topical dutasteride from fue clinics (60ml, 55 euro) last me?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else haveacne on topical dutasteride or is it just me

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if u take oral duta and you have no health issue with it i don't even know why you still on hairloss forum since it's for sure one of the most powerfull treatment with a decent safety/benefice profile
Oral duta? With safety/benefic profile? No sir, you need to do more research. It might definitely be benefic in terms of regrowth, but the long term safety and side effect profile is definitely not worth it.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
in term of ratio safety/effectivness, and when you think about all hairloss treatment used here (flutamide, trans drugs, experimental drugs) i think duta has a good ratio. I never said it's a safe treatment.

inmyhead

Reaction score
there is no consensus since there was no strong study but some analysis reported by customer show a nuke of scalp dht or a big reduction without/ with minimal serum dht reduction
Reported by who? Do we have only mustang reporting those things?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reported by who? Do we have only mustang reporting those things?
Someone else got scalp biopsy, scalp DHT lowered by a lot

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!

The next months I will try buy a bottle to make a test.

I want to known how much is the shipping of the topical dutasteride 0.1% from fue clinic and how many days take to receive the product in home Europe(Portugal).

Thank you

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because oral dutasteride failed to regrow temples.
you want to add in topical dutasteride combined with oral? thats what I have been doing but no regrowth on temples and barely any thickening as of yet. but wanted to try to add topical twice weekly this time combined with oral duta everyday but im not sure
Oral duta? With safety/benefic profile? No sir, you need to do more research. It might definitely be benefic in terms of regrowth, but the long term safety and side effect profile is definitely not worth it.
chicken!

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I shaved my head yesterday as I had surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira in Portugal for zone 2 and reinforcing the hairline. 1200 grafts in total (awesome experience, highly recommend this surgeon)

We did not requite to touch the crown has he told me there was no miniaturization and nowhere to place grafts. I had a big empty spot in my crown 18 months ago so this is obviously working very well with just Topical Dutasteride 0.1% and my serum DHT is unchanged. This is where I apply Dutasteride.

Dr asked me to go on low dose Finasteride (2mg a week) but given the horrible sides I have with it I will be trying Topical Finasteride 0.025% from FUE CLINIC 3 times week. Thus one ML on Mon, Wed and Fridays which is when I normally wash my hair. One 60ml bottle is about 45 euros and would last me 3 months so we are looking at 15 euros a month.

I will stop Topical Dutasteride 0.1% for 2 months as this is a perfect opportunity for me to assess what kind of serum DHT reduction 0.025% presents and if it's really just 20% or so and if it I can tolerate it well without sides. If this works my treatment would potentially be Topical finasteride 0.025% EOD and Topical Dutasteride 0.1% or 0.25% once a week to nuke scalp DHT.

Blood test will be taken 1st of June for baseline and at 1 month and 2 months and I shall report back.

Some pictures of the evolution of my crown on Topical Dutasteride.

Before treatment. 4 months in. Shaven at 18 months. Bare in mind the swirl is cut shorter than the rest.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 4-months-topical-dutasteride.jpg
    4-months-topical-dutasteride.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 264
  • shaven 18 months.jpg
    shaven 18 months.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

nico76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I shaved my head yesterday as I had surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira in Portugal for zone 2 and reinforcing the hairline. 1200 grafts in total (awesome experience, highly recommend this surgeon)

We did not requite to touch the crown has he told me there was no miniaturization and nowhere to place grafts. I had a big empty spot in my crown 18 months ago so this is obviously working very well with just Topical Dutasteride 0.1% and my serum DHT is unchanged. This is where I apply Dutasteride.

Dr asked me to go on low dose Finasteride (2mg a week) but given the horrible sides I have with it I will be trying Topical Finasteride 0.025% from FUE CLINIC 3 times week. Thus one ML on Mon, Wed and Fridays which is when I normally wash my hair. One 60ml bottle is about 45 euros and would last me 3 months so we are looking at 15 euros a month.

I will stop Topical Dutasteride 0.1% for 2 months as this is a perfect opportunity for me to assess what kind of serum DHT reduction 0.025% presents and if it's really just 20% or so and if it I can tolerate it well without sides. If this works my treatment would potentially be Topical finasteride 0.025% EOD and Topical Dutasteride 0.1% or 0.25% once a week to nuke scalp DHT.

Blood test will be taken 1st of June for baseline and at 1 month and 2 months and I shall report back.

Some pictures of the evolution of my crown on Topical Dutasteride.

Before treatment. 4 months in. Shaven at 18 months. Bare in mind the swirl is cut shorter than the rest.
If topical Dutasteride is working so well, why go back to topical finasteride?

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
It's explained on my post.

Is it though? I've seen you mention that you got horrible sides on (topical) finasteride so often now that it really makes me wonder whether this is all some elaborate lie or fantasy. Assuming your experiences with topical finasteride are true, why would you ever consider going back on it? What's the point if topical dutasteride is working so well for you? Why not just increase the dosage if you need more 5-ar inhibition? What's the point of using them both at the same time?

I sincerely appreciate your willingness to provide bloodtests but at this point I really don't know what to make of it.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally i wouldn't even trust a success story because we never know what other factors could lead to less shedding etc, we need a biopsy to show that it is actually effecting dht levels in the scalp. Not like people are lying, we just don't know whether their success has anything to do with topical dutasteride or not.
Well, since I had complete crown regrowth on monotherapy I can't seem to find another reason. It didn't magically happen or reverse itself.
People have posted scalp biopsy results with a reduction of 80% of scalp DHT. (Kevin from Youtube). I find his topic a little bit weird to be honest. Don't trust anybody, just try it. Quite simple.
Is it though? I've seen you mention that you got horrible sides on (topical) finasteride so often now that it really makes me wonder whether this is all some elaborate lie or fantasy. Assuming your experiences with topical finasteride are true, why would you ever consider going back on it? What's the point if topical dutasteride is working so well for you? Why not just increase the dosage if you need more 5-ar inhibition? What's the point of using them both at the same time?

I sincerely appreciate your willingness to provide bloodtests but at this point I really don't know what to make of it.

I had horrible sides with both oral and topical finasteride. Did you read my post? I am trying it at 0.025% EOD. Not 1%, not 0.5%.

The point would be the same as for people that use oral finasteride daily and oral dutasteride once a week.

I am all up for experimenting and thankfully I recover well when I stop treatments so why not.