Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have or had PFS you should not touch any Anti Androgen for the rest of your life. Even minoxidil does inhibit 5r reductase

Its like child constanly touching a hot stove and never learning from it

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
All,

Just a warning/heads up for anyone following this topical dutasteride thread.

It's been pointed out that Dr. Mwamba is currently one of our only sources of obtaining this Liposomal formula because he offers over the phone consults.

Well I emailed Customer.care@mywhtc.com, which is the email I found on his site. Spoke with someone who called herself Justine who had me transfer $50 via Paypal to "tshinos@hotmail.com" and set up a consult for today at 11AM. The time came and went with neither of them answering my calls or attempting to call me.

The person at this email has a Skype ID of of Clarakal and gave me Dr. Mwamba's ID of Drmwamba. If I hear anything back from them I will update here.

Anyone else attempt a consult with this guy?

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
All,

It's been pointed out that Dr. Mwamba is currently one of our only sources of obtaining this Liposomal formula because he offers over the phone consults.

Well I emailed Customer.care@mywhtc.com, which is the email I found on his site. Spoke with someone who called herself Justine who had me transfer $50 via Paypal to "tshinos@hotmail.com" and set up a consult for today at 11AM. The time came and went with neither of them answering my calls or attempting to call me.

The person at this email has a Skype ID of of Clarakal and gave me Dr. Mwamba's ID of Drmwamba. If I hear anything back from them I will update here.

I had a consultation with him almost a month ago. He agreed to prescribe topical duta. Since then, despite repeatedly chasing WHTC, I've had nothing other than a holding email, with no explanation for the delay.

dgadgdea

My Regimen
Reaction score
I jumped through these hoops. After some email back and forth Dr. Mwamba eventually forwarded me an email that he had sent directly to the pharmacy giving them my name and RX. After which I picked up the convo with the pharmacy.

A couple things: 1) any doctor can send an RX to this pharmacy for a "dutasteride 0.5% liposomal gel"; they will know what you're talking about, you can pay and they will send. 2) as mentioned by someone previously Dr. Mwamba is a bit of an upseller, play his game and he might move faster.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a consultation with him almost a month ago. He agreed to prescribe topical duta. Since then, despite repeatedly chasing WHTC, I've had nothing other than a holding email, with no explanation for the delay.

That's because the pharmacy where they compound it as supply shortage since COVID.

Jesus man, cut the man some slack. I am his patient and have been waiting as well. Apparently they will have stock for September

Last edited:

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All,

You should email the Dr directly, DM me and I'll give you his email. Strange that you couldn't connect.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any studies on the minimal effective dose of dutasteride in inhibiting 5ar.

I would like to try the smallest topical dosage possible, as I got PFS few years ago and never went 100% back to normal.

thanks for your help

There is currently no studies but one will be conducted with 30 patients this year.

I can only speak for myself and another guy that did bloodwork and we both had less than 20% DHT reduction on plasma DHT

If you had PFS I would recommend you don't take Dutasteride in any form.

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's because the pharmacy where they compound it as supply shortage since COVID.

Jesus man, cut the man some slack. I am his patient and have been waiting as well. Apparently they will have stock for September
OK, no worries. Thanks for letting me know - I didn't realise there was such a long delay with supplies, so that was probably unfair on my part.

Last edited:

Vaha

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is currently no studies but one will be conducted with 30 patients this year.

I can only speak for myself and another guy that did bloodwork and we both had less than 20% DHT reduction on plasma DHT

If you had PFS I would recommend you don't take Dutasteride in any form.
Hi
Just to make sure, a couple of posts back you said you had around 50% systemic DHT inhibition, going from 500 to 250, but now you claim less than 20%. Just wondering why those numbers changed, did you change the dosage or application frequency and then measured your systemic DHT levels multiple times? Could you maybe show us those measurements, if you by chance measured any other hormones etc.?
Thank you, appreciate it, as I'm sure many other new users do.

Vaha

My Regimen
Reaction score
You said you measured your systemic DHT levels and they were 250. You also stated you had around 50% reduction in your systemic DHT levels, which means your levels before starting the treatment would be 500. I'm sure there is also a post somewhere where that was stated. The last post here you said you had only 20% reduction. Those are two vastly different numbers.

sito

Reaction score
I remember some people on the greek forum using topical dutasteride.
They were taking avodart pills, cut them open, and applied the gel that is inside the pills on their scalp.

If I remember right they mentioned systemic sides.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think at 0.1% sides are unlikely.

If 0.5% (1.5ML) which translates into 7.5MG a day of Topical Dutasteride reduced plasma DHT only by 20% then at 0.1% 1ML (1MG of Topical Dutasteride a day) will probably have no reduction at all or within 10%.

This said, we are all different. Best to try it.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
I think at 0.1% sides are unlikely.

If 0.5% (1.5ML) which translates into 7.5MG a day of Topical Dutasteride reduced plasma DHT only by 20% then at 0.1% 1ML (1MG of Topical Dutasteride a day) will probably have no reduction at all or within 10%.

This said, we are all different. Best to try it.

But are we talking daily or weekly application? I thought you were applying it weekly, but you say '7.5mg a day' here.

I believe that Vaha was referencing these quotes by the way:

From another thread:
My DHT normally is around 300 ng/dl, which is within range but on the lower side
With oral finasteride it's 100 ng/dl
With topical finasteride it was 90 ng/dl
With oral dutasteride is was below 30 ng/dl
With topical dutasteride it was 235 ng/dl and that was after a MEGA dose of 50MG. 10ML

From this thread:
When I took oral dutasteride at 0.5mg I had 0 DHT (Below 30)
With topical dutasteride I take 20mg (2ml at 1%) which is 40 times higher the oral dosage and my DHT stands at 250 ng/ml (range is 250 to 750)
Without topical dutasteride my DHT stands at 450 ng/ml
With oral finasteride my DHT stands at 170 ng/ml

I think that's what Vaha meant when he said 500 (450 rather). Judging from the first quote from the other thread, a 50mg megadose of topical dutasteride reduced your dht-levels from 450 to 250, which is indeed a reduction of roughly 50%. However, in the second quote you say that a 20mg dose (daily, weekly?) of topical dutasteride reduced your dht-levels from 300 to 235, which is a decrease of roughly 20%. Now you're saying that a daily dose of 7.5mg results in a reduction of 20%.

I don't mean to be critical and I say this in the nicest way possible, but the numbers you are giving us are very hard to follow. Of course, you are by no means obligated to tell anyone anything here, you don't owe us anything and I sincerely appreciate that you're sharing your success here at all. But I do feel it's important to point this out to others reading the thread. No offense meant.

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
All,

I was emailed back by the Customer Care email on Friday night asking me if I wanted to reschedule for Saturday at 11AM. I responded that I couldn't but that I could reschedule for any day this week at 11AM. Got an email back from that saying I had been refunded my $50 and nothing more. I responded asking about rescheduling.

Very odd. Not sure what kind of operation this guy is running but this isn't what I'm accustomed to when working with Doctor's offices. Pretty sure most everyone would agree.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score