It's crazy.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My DHT normally is around 300 ng/dl, which is within range but on the lower side
With oral finasteride it's 100 ng/dl
With topical finasteride it was 90 ng/dl
With oral dutasteride is was below 30 ng/dl
With topical dutasteride it was 235 ng/dl and that was after a MEGA dose of 50MG. 10ML
I purposely did this to see how much of it would go systemic, just a little should have nuked my DHT. I was surprised by the result

Of all 4 variations my plasma DHT was the highest with Topical Dutasteride

Of all 4 variations my side effects were the least on Topical Dutasteride

Of all 4 variations my male pattern baldness improved the most, completely halting hair loss and re-growing my crown (got several pics) with Topical Dutasteride.

So, for me, it's the best treatment I have tried and I wish it would have been around 15 years ago. It saved me from a second crown surgery which is amazing.

Now, this is ME. Other people have to try and measure their DHT, side effects and how it works for you on hair loss. They might not be so lucky.

So far, many have tried it with no side effects which is encouraging but not conclusive. I don't want to be the advocate for this product but since I have had 12 hair transplants and have suffered male pattern baldness all my life of course you want to at least help and people give it a try

The worse that can happen is that it doesn't work and you waisted 50 bucks.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My DHT normally is around 300 ng/dl, which is within range but on the lower side
With topical dutasteride it was 235 ng/dl and that was after a MEGA dose of 50MG. 10ML
I purposely did this to see how much of it would go systemic, just a little should have nuked my DHT. I was surprised by the result

Of all 4 variations my male pattern baldness improved the most, completely halting hair loss and re-growing my crown (got several pics) with Topical Dutasteride.

So, for me, it's the best treatment I have tried and I wish it would have been around 15 years ago. It saved me from a second crown surgery which is amazing.

Now, this is ME. Other people have to try and measure their DHT, side effects and how it works for you on hair loss. They might not be so lucky.

So far, many have tried it with no side effects which is encouraging but not conclusive. I don't want to be the advocate for this product but since I have had 12 hair transplants and have suffered male pattern baldness all my life of course you want to at least help and people give it a try

That's very interesting.

Sorry if you already mentioned it, but what were the sides with topical dutasteride?

It would be very interesting to see others try it and measure their DHT levels before and after.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score

Don't worry, I don't think anyone is doubting your good intentions, but people are naturally hesitant to take dutasteride (especially if they've had side-effects on finasteride). Out of curiosity, you say that many have tried it with no side effects; do you have any forum posts or something so we can see for ourselves? If there are indeed multiple people claiming it works with no side effects, perhaps people here would be more willing to try it themselves.

gman3

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have tried topical dutasteride by puncturing a capsule and draining the liquid into 1ml of kirkland minoxidil. I don't know if it had any effect but it burned my scalp when I applied it. I'm sure that's the wrong way to do it anyway. How do you mix yours?

I have continued to recede after being on oral finasteride and dutasteride, minoxidil oral and topical, and several naturals. I can tell when a treatment is working because my scalp itch behind the hairline and dandruff goes away, and it is accompanied by mild-moderate sides.

Perhaps I would be a good candidate to test a bottle of topical duta? I am about to get a blood test as well so I'll have a solid objective baseline.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
It isn't, but someone suggested that that may actually be preferable

That person suggested it because he thought dutasteride would then only penetrate through the hair follicles and not the rest of the skin, thereby avoiding systemic absorption. However, I remember reading that the hair follice route is actually helpful for drugs that are intended to go systemic because the follicle is in close proximity to blood vessels. And perhaps more convincingly, I've read multiple reports of people trying it with regular vehicles and ending up with side effects anyway. The liposomal vehicle has to make the difference for it work, I'd say.

I also read about some method that involved applying the dutasteride and then removing it after three minutes by washing the scalp, which made me laugh. People get creative when it comes to hairloss.

I have tried topical dutasteride by puncturing a capsule and draining the liquid into 1ml of kirkland minoxidil. I don't know if it had any effect but it burned my scalp when I applied it. I'm sure that's the wrong way to do it anyway. How do you mix yours?

I have continued to recede after being on oral finasteride and dutasteride, minoxidil oral and topical, and several naturals. I can tell when a treatment is working because my scalp itch behind the hairline and dandruff goes away, and it is accompanied by mild-moderate sides.

Perhaps I would be a good candidate to test a bottle of topical duta? I am about to get a blood test as well so I'll have a solid objective baseline.

If you'd be willing to test it out, that'd be super interesting. Mustang gets his from a hair transplant surgeon I think, but he offered to send bottles out to anyone who was interested in trying. I'm sure he can hook you up. The hope is that it doesn't go systemic because it's liposomal, so I wouldn't mix your own.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's very interesting.

Sorry if you already mentioned it, but what were the sides with topical dutasteride?

It would be very interesting to see others try it and measure their DHT levels before and after.

No sides 9 months in.
I do take precautions and apply once weekly max.
No reason to do it more frequently

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no such thing as Mustang's version but no. I have not send anybody a bottle yet.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not yet but I am on the waiting list to get a bottle . After having sides on oral/topical finasteride and ru, very eager to try it.

Please do let us know how it goes.

Also, not to take the thread on a tangent, but what kind of sides did you get with RU?

The_Dragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will do!

Same sexual ones I got on finasteride. Loss of morning wood, weaker erections and c*m all thick. But I've only been on it about 10 days now, using stemox as vehicle if that makes a difference. Will see if they persist. I also dermaroll 1mm every 2 weeks.

I had blood work done a couple weeks ago. My T levels on the low side, so have started taking zinc & vitamin d supplements, as well as exercising more as per doctor's recommendation to boost levels

edddys08

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any studies on the minimal effective dose of dutasteride in inhibiting 5ar.

I would like to try the smallest topical dosage possible, as I got PFS few years ago and never went 100% back to normal.

thanks for your help