Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

jackisback

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is currently no studies but one will be conducted with 30 patients this year.

I can only speak for myself and another guy that did bloodwork and we both had less than 20% DHT reduction on plasma DHT

If you had PFS I would recommend you don't take Dutasteride in any form.

Mustang, how are you getting 0.1%? I opted for the 0.5%, as Farmacia told me it was the lowest dosage they did. Finally got it after trying for months.

Anyone who’s used it know how tf I am supposed to use this? It has this lid that does absolutely nothing and would fall out if I turned it upside down (even some product had come out in the packaging in the mail—super disappointing). I turn the thing at the bottom and it clicks but does nada. I feel like they gave me the wrong fuckin lid or something. No clue how I’m gonna be able to dose this.

Attachments

• 5B4F09B4-401F-44B4-8285-596CF16EC764.jpeg
    5B4F09B4-401F-44B4-8285-596CF16EC764.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 308

sito

Reaction score
Interesting.

I think the key here is the "liposomal" part. Pure topical duta will probably still give you side effects.

If you want you can check through the greek forum. Since we have easy access in Greece to all kind of meds without a prescription, the greek community has tested a lot of stuff.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mustang, how are you getting 0.1%? I opted for the 0.5%, as Farmacia told me it was the lowest dosage they did. Finally got it after trying for months.

Anyone who’s used it know how tf I am supposed to use this? It has this lid that does absolutely nothing and would fall out if I turned it upside down (even some product had come out in the packaging in the mail—super disappointing). I turn the thing at the bottom and it clicks but does nada. I feel like they gave me the wrong fuckin lid or something. No clue how I’m gonna be able to dose this.

I get it compounded by another pharmacy, they confirmed I can have some extra bottles but it's not Liposomal. I have been using it with no sides at a much lower dose (0.5% is 5MG of dutasteride. You also need like 2ML to cover everything so you are applying 10MG of dutasteride which might bee to much)

Yes, that packaging is crap. I had the same issue, it comes out or you have to twist it hundred times to come out of the bottle.

I get some bottles with a dropper, 0.1% or 0.05%. 60ML
Much smoother and easier.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was emailed back by the Customer Care email on Friday night asking me if I wanted to reschedule for Saturday at 11AM. I responded that I couldn't but that I could reschedule for any day this week at 11AM. Got an email back from that saying I had been refunded my $50 and nothing more. I responded asking about rescheduling.

Very odd. Not sure what kind of operation this guy is running but this isn't what I'm accustomed to when working with Doctor's offices. Pretty sure most everyone would agree.

So they emailed you back, they refunded your money and offered you to re-schedule.
What can of operation do you think he is running?

You do realize he has operated over 6.000 patients with outstanding results for 20 years and his probably the best BHT surgeon in the world right?

I really dislike it when people like you do stuff like this. He is an honest man, I had surgery with him 3 times. They are the nicest and most humble clinic you would ever meet and here you come questioning him or his practice.

Find yourself another doctor to prescribe you something. Good luck finding a world class surgeon willing to do a video consultation for 50 bucks.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get it compounded by another pharmacy, they confirmed I can have some extra bottles but it's not Liposomal.

So wait, the topical dutasteride you are using for yourself is not liposomal? That's odd, I have seen plenty of threads with guys complaining about sides with topical dutasteride and was hoping liposomal could improve that.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is this a liposomal version you got?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used both and had no sides with either
I was using Liposomal first and then changed to a standard vehicle as I couldn't get any for a while.
No change so far 3 months in. Systemic DHT reduction is less now than when on Liposomal dutasteride but I also changed to 0.1% from 0.5% so that would probably was the cause. Scalp DHT reduction is still the same, 80%
Still no hair loss which is what matters and still no sides.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
If you use Topical Dutasteride with a regular vehicle you will end up with systemic side effects.
Been there, done that.

Liposomal or nothing for me.

I have used both and had no sides with either
I was using Liposomal first and then changed to a standard vehicle as I couldn't get any for a while.
No change so far 3 months in. Systemic DHT reduction is less now than when on Liposomal dutasteride but I also changed to 0.1% from 0.5% so that would probably was the cause. Scalp DHT reduction is still the same, 80%
Still no hair loss which is what matters and still no sides.

Wait, so we're not talking about a liposomal solution? You literally said less than a month ago that it's liposomal or nothing for you because a standard vehicle results in systemic effects. Now you're using a standard vehicle. What am I missing here?

jackisback

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this a liposomal version you got?
It’s supposed to be. But given they seem to have shipped me 1/3 what I ordered, in a container that wasn’t sealed and isn’t functional, and they misspelled my address. If they made this many mistakes, I don’t really have full confidence in what they’ve sent me. For all I know, they put the wrong drug, wrong amount, or no drug into the solution. Honestly, I’d have more confidence in Kane sending his products as labeled this point.

I would advise to try to get a script from a hair doctor who works with this pharmacy. I just asked my regular Doctor to prescribe so I don’t have a knowledgeable doctor to assist me with the pharmacy.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have an update from Vincent, who currently doesn’t have access to his account. @FilthyFrancis @Mustang

Thanks. It's great news.

Let Vincent contact me on reddit. My ID is FranzTurtle. We can share my HairLossTalk.com login credentials as there is nothing to hide/risk anyway. I trust this guy

+ I'd be down to create a reddit private thread with the little few here who are solely interested in hair loss research/drugs without feeling the need to speculate/flame others. I believe, half of the relevant content I read today comes from reddit and I always somehow transfer it to HairLossTalk.com.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's super interesting. Great news indeed! It would be great if we could get Vincent back on here to share the rest of his story as it progresses. Good call on sharing your account with him Francis.

Vincent, if you're reading this, thanks for trying this out and actually getting back to us with your results.

Thanks. It's great news.

Let Vincent contact me on reddit. My ID is FranzTurtle. We can share my HairLossTalk.com login credentials as there is nothing to hide/risk anyway. I trust this guy

+ I'd be down to create a reddit private thread with the little few here who are solely interested in hair loss research/drugs without feeling the need to speculate/flame others. I believe, half of the relevant content I read today comes from reddit and I always somehow transfer it to HairLossTalk.com.

Count me in, although I would argue that speculation is the name of the game ;). A lot of this is uncharted territory.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Extremely interesting. Thanks for sharing.

And keep us up to date Vincent!

I think you should bite the bullet an give it a shot, much more effective than zix, i know you are terrified of pfs but i think giving it a chance is worth the risk. But if you are happy with zix that's fine too.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. It's great news.

He has been monitoring this thread so he will see this

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still fine with zix for now though but yes if things get worse topical (liposomal) duta seems better and better. Hope we'll get more people trialling this.

Im really happy you have found something like lipsomal duta to possibly try if zix doesn't work out. Wishing you all the best. If you do start it it i hope you get zero noticeable sides since DHT serum levels don't drop that much from what little i have read.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
God I hope everyone gets the same benefits as Mustang

This misery is hopefully ending