Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on oral minoxidil it's way stronger than topical. I never had a shedding phase using topical minoxidil despite using it for months or results. Now I'm on oral for 3 weeks and the shedding has started losing up to 100 in the showers before it was 30 or so. This means the minoxidil is working, some people lack the enzyme in their skin for minoxidil to work but oral minoxidil goes to your liver and creates it there instead so then it works.
Minoxidill has been working very well on me, i used it for 3 years straight the i developed psoriasis and i had to stop.
I lost everything i gained but my face returned normal, i didnt feel everything until i stopped.
Minoxidill is a big no for me, i dont wanna mess with that anymore.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on oral minoxidil it's way stronger than topical. I never had a shedding phase using topical minoxidil despite using it for months or results. Now I'm on oral for 3 weeks and the shedding has started losing up to 100 in the showers before it was 30 or so. This means the minoxidil is working, some people lack the enzyme in their skin for minoxidil to work but oral minoxidil goes to your liver and creates it there instead so then it works.
I know and I agree, but topical minoxidil gave me pretty good results. I couldn't believe how I was looking after 8 months on it. Eventually though, at 11 months, I started receding again very fast and the minoxidil effects were wearing off. So, I jumped to 5AR inhibitors, because I knew that minoxidil won't last me long, if DHT was not inhibited.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh, calm down trust me, you have to give some time for the solution to work.
Im applying approximately 10ml of topical dutasteride a week. Sometimes i will apply 15ml total of wich 5-6ml applied just after bleeding to death from microneedling.
Trust me give it some time, i started noticing less hair fall at the 8th week, now im on 9 week and noticing more improvements in terms of hair fall.
I know that treatments need time, but I can't stand it right now. The thing is that I am receding fast, especially on my temples. Hair feels like threads, so thin and weak. Same when I experiment to increase my topical finasteride application as I described. I think there is a problem with T for me. I am scared to continue on it.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
T
I know that treatments need time, but I can't stand it right now. The thing is that I am receding fast, especially on my temples. Hair feels like threads, so thin and weak. Same when I experiment to increase my topical finasteride application as I described. I think there is a problem with T for me. I am scared to continue on it.
Talk to an expert dermatologist, its the only way... im sorry by the way, must feel like crap

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just get on oral dutasteride drop the topicals entirely and add in oral minoxidil too. If u can handle oral finasteride then probably u can handle duta.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your reasoning seems pretty inconsistent re: what adding RU catalog implies about their dutasteride products?

so somehow they simultaneously have such a positive brand image that people will trust the products they sell - yet their huge margins from being legit aren't enough and they'll risk their entire business reputation and repeat customers by selling untested, contaminated products?

and they already sell prescription-only medications to anybody with a credit card, I'm not sure how selling RU (which again, is generally regarded as safe by much of the hairloss community) makes it worse at all?

so they always sold potentially damaging products - e.g. would you rather a 15 year old buy RU than dutasteride for example? dutasteride is probably more damaging to them

but do you have some other information about the quality of minoxidilmax products that I'm missing? They seem to actually remove an element of risk of people incorrectly mixing these products at home
Dutasteride for a 15 year old isn't life threatening Bro. But RU can litteraly kill you if using high enough dosage.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT mediates a lot of growth during puberty. dutasteride would 100% cause (likely permanent) tissue development problems at that age

again, not a fan of RU specifically because of safety issues. But 5% topical RU might be unsafe for an adolescent, dutasteride definitely is

and all this is pretty irrelevant to my original point - the action of selling prescription drugs in a grey market is not made meaningfully shadier by selling one more that the community generally views as safe...

just trying to understand the hate @Mustang seemed to have for minoxidilmax specifically

e.g. here in Canada there's not really easy (quick) access to doctors nor compounding pharmacies. Turning to grey market solutions is often a net benefit for people here (especially in hair loss), even though it's not my first choice
Like I always said before and will say again and I will never get tired of saying this. Mustang is a mwamba shill he only recommends dutasteride from a trustworthy source which may not even be true at all. He does this to earn money he's a business man. Being a shill puts more money in his pocket so he can finally buy that sport car he always wanted.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't read the 100 pages leading up to this, so maybe I'm missing a backstory here...but I don't really care if Mustang is literally selling it himself or profiting in some way

if his point is that you should get topical dutasteride from a more trusted source when possible (modulo access and affordability), then I agree with him

but if his point is that the formula from a derm is better in some way in terms of efficacy, then I'm going to disagree until some data is presented by one of them e.g. this "Dr. Mwamba" - no evidence yet that I can't just mix the contents of a dutasteride capsule into ethanol and call it a day

if anything, derms have an even higher incentive to lie about "increased efficacy" of their proprietary vehicles than minoxidilmax does about purity

and re: quality control - kind of a mixed bag. Some kind of "artisanal" topical dutasteride made-to-order from a pharmacist by hand is not necessarily more likely to be better quality than a larger batch made at once, because it introduces a lot of possibility of human error and variation

tl;dr - if @Mustang has a real point on any of those topics, I'd be interested in hearing it

You are ignoring the most important bit which is that Strut, Parati, FUE Clinic, Andorra etc... use pharma grade dutasteride purchased directly from a pharmaceutical company while MM uses Chinese Dutasteride powder (if it's that at all). Big difference.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your reasoning seems pretty inconsistent re: what adding RU catalog implies about their dutasteride products?

so somehow they simultaneously have such a positive brand image that people will trust the products they sell - yet their huge margins from being legit aren't enough and they'll risk their entire business reputation and repeat customers by selling untested, contaminated products?

and they already sell prescription-only medications to anybody with a credit card, I'm not sure how selling RU (which again, is generally regarded as safe by much of the hairloss community) makes it worse at all?

so they always sold potentially damaging products - e.g. would you rather a 15 year old buy RU than dutasteride for example? dutasteride is probably more damaging to them

but do you have some other information about the quality of minoxidilmax products that I'm missing? They seem to actually remove an element of risk of people incorrectly mixing these products at home

Do you honestly believe this Chinese company gives a f*** about your health or possible side effects?

They don't. Contact them and tell them you have suffering from heart failure or extreme brain fog with one of their products and see if they reply. They can barely type in English.

If you believe that RU is safe I invite you to do a little more research on it.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe this Chinese company gives a f*** about your health or possible side effects?

They don't. Contact them and tell them you have suffering from heart failure or extreme brain fog with one of their products and see if they reply. They can barely type in English.

If you believe that RU is safe I invite you to do a little more research on it.
They are already aware of the possible side effects of ru. That's why they state for research purposes only and don't tell you how to use it even due to it being a research chemical and possibly also state use it at your own risk. Telling them you got heart failure from RU don't make any sense. They just sell it you are the one using it, they never forced you to apply it to your head. But I still think they shouldn't sell it in the first place. There are safer alternatives.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
This happened right now after putting topical dutasteride and massaging my head.
I dont understand if shedding just started or my dht is rising...
Ita my 9 week on topical dutasteride, when does shedding phase start usually?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 142

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want you guys to beware some things with fueclinic - before you send them money they are fast with replies, afterwards they start ignoring you, unproffessional.
Its so f kin true, the same happened to me!
As soon as i made payment they magically disappeared i had to write 3 email and they got me back after a week!

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most important fact is im getting results with topical dutasteride from minoxidilmax. Still waiting for joshuas topical dutasteride to test

This happened right now after putting topical dutasteride and massaging my head.
I dont understand if shedding just started or my dht is rising...
Ita my 9 week on topical dutasteride, when does shedding phase start usually?
For me personally it started right away.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want you guys to beware some things with fueclinic - before you send them money they are fast with replies, afterwards they start ignoring you, unproffessional.
I noticed that too but is because they are waiting for stock to make a bottle and send to you, that's why they take some time to answer you.

Fueclinic needs to be more profissional like Parati, since they are very respected clinic in the hairloss world

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed that too but is because they are waiting for stock to make a bottle and send to you, that's why they take some time to answer you.

Fueclinic needs to be more profissional like Parati, since they are very respected clinic in the hairloss world
Parati is a pharmacy, fue clinic is a hair transplant clinic that sells bottles on the side, Big difference. You can't really expect much from them.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This reads like a reply to a completely different post than I wrote...you obviously didn't even bother to read either of my (short) posts that quoted you

How you use your time (or not) is of course up to you, but it's a shame that we'll never know if you had any interesting counterpoints that weren't just emotion-driven

did the CEO of minoxidilmax run over your dog or something?

So the fact that they use unregulated chinese impure dutasteride powder and DMI on their bottle is not enough for you?

What happened to me is that I experienced the worst side effects of my life with their Topical Finasteride. Not even taking it orally gave me the severe side effects I had with their unregulated crap. After finding out they use DMI on their bottle I contacted them about they just decided to ignore me.

They use a fake address, fake name, fake company registration and could not give a f*** if they harm somebody or not.

So yeah, I have stopped hundreds from buying their poison and will continue to do so.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I believe each bottle is made fresh every time you order.
I send a wire transfer, they send a prescription to the pharmacy and one or two weeks later they send me a tracking code and I get it usually within 10 days in Spain or less. When I am abroad in Brazil it takes 3 to 4 weeks.

I don't see why there would be a need to email them more than once. It's pretty straightforward.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the fact that they use unregulated chinese impure dutasteride powder and DMI on their bottle is not enough for you?

What happened to me is that I experienced the worst side effects of my life with their Topical Finasteride. Not even taking it orally gave me the severe side effects I had with their unregulated crap. After finding out they use DMI on their bottle I contacted them about they just decided to ignore me.

They use a fake address, fake name, fake company registration and could not give a f*** if they harm somebody or not.

So yeah, I have stopped hundreds from buying their poison and will continue to do so.
Please what are you talking about, we want facts. Until its bla bla it doesn't prove nothing.
And yes i read all 100 pages before starting to comment on this forum and let me tell you that saying: "oh i dont have to prove nothing to anyone and whatnot" doesnt work because of you dont have to prove nothing to anyone than do not even bother commenting on a thread where everyone is looking for prof.

Last edited: