Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cazpers post some pictures man.. i wanna see how you have been holding up... arent u excited at this like you was before?

I've been swamped at work, some 12 hour days lately. I'm certain at this point cet's working but I'm trying not to hype it. I have a few hairs that are at least an inch long in bald areas that were not there 3 months ago. There is not a lot of them but this is in bald areas that have not had hair in years. I'll post overall pics as soon as I can show some real difference. That's not to say it's not working, just that it's not visible in pictures yet.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Exactly dont count chickens before they hatch. Disappear for some months and come back after you have substantial evidence like pictures and that to show as proof. I dont doubt that with more research and study a product making use of the pgd 2 discovery could become a treatment as important in hair loss as propecia was. It might not but the potential is certainly there. I just dont trust what a guy in his basement mixes up and all the personal stories are not very convincing people are not good at judging slow changing things like hair loss over long periods of time.

soma_72

Reaction score
Exactly dont count chickens before they hatch. Disappear for some months and come back after you have substantial evidence like pictures and that to show as proof. I dont doubt that with more research and study a product making use of the pgd 2 discovery could become a treatment as important in hair loss as propecia was. It might not but the potential is certainly there. I just dont trust what a guy in his basement mixes up and all the personal stories are not very convincing people are not good at judging slow changing things like hair loss over long periods of time.

Well, you see, this part of the forum is exactly for that, guys mixing up in their basement all kind of experimental crap. If you think it would be better to wait, then by all means, go to the minoxidil and finasteride sections of the forum.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright guys, I have been using a cetirizine solution for about 3 weeks, definitely got some darkening of vellus and weaker hairs. My solution however is a bit different, i mix 80 tablets with only 20ml ethanol/PG mix + 60ml distilled water ( i am using a bit of ethanol because i believe it helps with absorption but i am concerned by degradation, saw this in a study someone posted) and dryness caused by alchohol solutions + then i add 15ml careprost (5 bottles from alldayc) I only use it on the hairline for now, and whilst i do not have any bald areas i have lots of weaker blonder hairs, i have noticed a darkening of some of these and growth of vellus hair below the hairline, which i find cosmetically pleasing. I take photos every month and a half/two months, so i don't have any photos to show as of yet but i'll most definitely post in a month when i have some to compare to.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, you see, this part of the forum is exactly for that, guys mixing up in their basement all kind of experimental crap. If you think it would be better to wait, then by all means, go to the minoxidil and finasteride sections of the forum.

Totally agree with soma_72 on this one.

abcdefg, perhaps you are cynical about the whole thing and that is your right to feel that way should you chose. Personally, I *do* want to hear about peoples' experiences, their personal stories and if they believe they are seeing results or not with any given treatment. That's what it is all about. Please don't tell people when they can post and what they can post about. If you don't want to read about it, then don't read about it. The rest of us are interested in exchanging results and trying to put together a bigger picture of what is going on here.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Fan Halen, you use 75 cet pills in 3 0z water per day, or over a period of time?
Its over a period of time jimmy. Maybe around 3 weeks. I really don't track the length of time per bottle because its not that important to me.
I generously apply it (maybe you could say I saturate my scalp but not dripping wet) twice a day.

For all you guys still on the fence about starting CET my advice is DO IT.

Its just past 2 months for me now and things are honestly looking SWEET. Its now slowly starting to show more cosmetic evidence when I look in the mirror.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Its over a period of time jimmy. Maybe around 3 weeks. I really don't track the length of time per bottle because its not that important to me.
I generously apply it (maybe you could say I saturate my scalp but not dripping wet) twice a day.

For all you guys still on the fence about starting CET my advice is DO IT.

Its just past 2 months for me now and things are honestly looking SWEET. Its now slowly starting to show more cosmetic evidence when I look in the mirror.

Yeah..twice/day...you must shampoo everyday?? Twice/day is a real problem for me...

Reaction score
Still looking up for me. The hairs I initially shed are starting to come back and I don't have to strain so much too see the freshly sprouting hairs on the temples. I'm still a little astonished that anything is growing there and I look at them obsessively. I'm optimistic about it and can't wait to see what will happen.

soma_72

Reaction score
Oh man, if this works and doesn't give you limp dick like finasteride do, I could use it eight times a day if needed, I don' even care about somnolence, I'm gonna start right from january

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh man, if this works and doesn't give you limp dick like finasteride do, I could use it eight times a day if needed, I don' even care about somnolence, I'm gonna start right from january

Sounds like an excellent New Year's resolution soma.
Next year is gonna be a good year for us Cet'ers. I think Cet could be the answer we're looking for.

cloud952

Reaction score
Sounds like an excellent New Year's resolution soma.
Next year is gonna be a good year for us Cet'ers. I think Cet could be the answer we're looking for.
Hapen ! I am not new here I just haven't posted in a while . I have a question for you . If Cet is so good how come the German site haven't posted anything about it scents 12/07 ? It looks like Cet has failed their in the long run and the topic is now completely dead . I'm wondering why !

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hapen ! I am not new here I just haven't posted in a while . I have a question for you . If Cet is so good how come the German site haven't posted anything about it scents 12/07 ? It looks like Cet has failed their in the long run and the topic is now completely dead . I'm wondering why !

I have no idea whats going on at the German site. I've never visited it.
Why are you so concerned about the Germans anyway when you have people here like me, Casperz and others reporting great success?

What evidence do you have that Cet has failed the Germans? (Since you claim this in your post)

NONSENSE

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score

Who knows, perhaps they grew impatient and gave up, or maybe they are doing the right thing and playing the waiting game. You'd have to ask them. I'd suggest it needs to be given a good while to be able to judge it fairly, much like the other treatments out there.

It is definitely effective though, at least in my case. I'm now spending a lot of time looking in the mirror every day, thinking "damn, this is actually working!"

cloud952

Reaction score
I have no idea whats going on at the German site. I've never visited it.
Why are you so concerned about the Germans anyway when you have people here like me, Casperz and others reporting great success?

What evidence do you have that Cet has failed the Germans? (Since you claim this in your post)

NONSENSE
Because they were the first ones that started using it

Reaction score
Because they were the first ones that started using it

Look all I know is this the only thing that has ever given me any action. I'm gonna stick with it for at least a year and see what happens. Maybe it only grows baby hairs or maybe over time they will start growing healthy and at a normal rate, only time will tell.

cloud952

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying Cet some time in the future but I would like to wait an see how you guys do in the long run .
I read that many members on the German sit had great results at first with Cet but it quit working for them in the lone run . I read on another sit that when taking Cet orally the body builds an intolerance to it and will slowly loose its effectiveness in time . Hope that's not the case with this topical .

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
If it worked there would already be trials ages ago for it within pharmaceutical industry. They actually did studies with way stronger pgd2 blockers and even they aren't given the results these supposedly German sites were showing.

soma_72

Reaction score
If it worked there would already be trials ages ago for it within pharmaceutical industry. They actually did studies with way stronger pgd2 blockers and even they aren't given the results these supposedly German sites were showing.

But how?, if the pgd2 thing is just a couple of months old... and besides nobody tried the topical route before...