Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sparx444 i'm not seeing anything either, and have been on it for 6-7 weeks now. In fact, my hair looks much worse than when i started. Maybe it's the vehicle, i don't know. I might experiment with just cet and water (was using Cet/PPG/ethanol mix) on one temple and see if anything happens. But, i have a lot of doubts about this treatment. The german forum enthusiasm has died down and i think only one person should any type of response...but then again, he never showed a before photo so it's impossible to do anything other than take him at his word.

My hair is absolutely worse before I started this...but the bottom line is that those hairs were about to fall out very soon...

I am debating whether or not I should drop this and just load up on Niacin again....Niacin was showing more promise but those damn flushes are murder...

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
People using ethanol etc have not been getting as good results. There are fears the alcohol may be having a negative effect on the Cet. Those who have been getting results have been getting them with Cet and water. Best to avoid using alcohol.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
People using ethanol etc have not been getting as good results. There are fears the alcohol may be having a negative effect on the Cet. Those who have been getting results have been getting them with Cet and water. Best to avoid using alcohol.

Going to alcohol was not a good idea...I saw a distinct drop in hair quality after starting to mix in Vodka

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Those who have been getting results have been getting them with Cet and water. Best to avoid using alcohol.
This is absolutely my understanding as well.
Like you Chromeo, I keep my hair buzzed to 1/16 inch so it is easy to see the new vellus hairs over-taking my scalp and watching previous vellus hairs grow stronger as the weeks pass by.

My current batch is 75 Cet tablets in about 3 ounces of distilled water applied twice a day. I apply the Cet drops then lightly spread the Cet with two fingers to dispearse the Cet over my scalp. I apply it generously.

Sorry I don't do pics. Cet has done more in the first 2 months then anything else I've tried for any length of time.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
So what vehicle are you using for cetirizine? It seems like people that are suffering from shedding are using PPG/ethanol mix as vehicle.

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
i cant say that alcohol made it worse for me... my cet lotion contains issopropanol and proplene glycol and these are not giving me any problems.. my hair growth is reallys supreme and i will post pics soon... i have stopped using minoxidil for allmost a month now and thats why the picture update has taken some extra time.. the results are improving more and i will share a picture the next week or two... fan halen you told us about your results and its great to know... but you should really post some pics... that would be much better. Why arent you guys using PG anyway? it makes the liqiud enter the hair follicle better. I dont think that water and cet will give the best solution.. just my opinion.

soma_72

Reaction score
i cant say that alcohol made it worse for me... my cet lotion contains issopropanol and proplene glycol and these are not giving me any problems.. my hair growth is reallys supreme and i will post pics soon... i have stopped using minoxidil for allmost a month now and thats why the picture update has taken some extra time.. the results are improving more and i will share a picture the next week or two... fan halen you told us about your results and its great to know... but you should really post some pics... that would be much better. Why arent you guys using PG anyway? it makes the liqiud enter the hair follicle better. I dont think that water and cet will give the best solution.. just my opinion.

Maybe I'm wrong but, aren't you using dutasteride too?...

soma_72

Reaction score
you're wrong indeed... never touched that stuff... i have learned that one shall not mess with hormones.

I saw the pic you posted much earlier in this tread... are you meant to tell me that you got those results with nothing more than minoxidil and cetirizine? If so, then that is one of the most awesome things I've ever saw...

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw the pic you posted much earlier in this tread... are you meant to tell me that you got those results with nothing more than minoxidil and cetirizine? If so, then that is one of the most awesome things I've ever saw...

can you post a link to that post with the picture? there's 44 pages to sift through

soma_72

Reaction score
SAM_5858.jpg Just look at those temples. He said there was no hair in there before

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 18989 Just look at those temples. He said there was no hair in there before

yes i can assure you there was no hair at my temples.. and i got that growth.. right now its even better than that picture, I believe the reason i react like this is because it was only some years ago i lost hair... i will take a picture of my left temple too but it isnt very much growth there.. it was hair there allready from before so now it looks even stronger.. i got some regrowth but not as much as the right side. You guys will see soon how the cet topic works without minoxidil! cazpers post some pictures man.. i wanna see how you have been holding up... arent u excited at this like you was before?

what

Established Member
Reaction score
Soma, i'm also using rogaine foam, and nizoral about 1-2X/week

- - - Updated - - -

Sparx, I've come across information that says the Niacin flushes are mediated by PGD2. It's Possible that it could be a bad thing... i don't know for sure. But, that's not something i'm willing to risk.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Soma, i'm also using rogaine foam, and nizoral about 1-2X/week

- - - Updated - - -

Sparx, I've come across information that says the Niacin flushes are mediated by PGD2. It's Possible that it could be a bad thing... i don't know for sure. But, that's not something i'm willing to risk.

See the other thread on Niacin....Niacin is good for hair...it releases PGD2 but it doesn't accumulate in scalp cells...when I was taking it, I had a better feeling about my hair quality..

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
So what vehicle are you using for cetirizine? It seems like people that are suffering from shedding are using PPG/ethanol mix as vehicle.

This is exactly what I understand about PPG/ethanol alebaba.

I use only Cet and distilled water. That's it. No minoxidil, no internals.