Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

Avacfc

Reaction score
4 weeks in

Hi guys

Long time lurker been on cet with distilled water for 4 weeks today. Using it along side minoxidil but only using minoxidil on the temples. Had a pretty bad intial shed but i think it has died down now and i dont seem to be losing any hair. I have a few vellus hairs sprouting along my hairline and my overall hair on the top of my head feels better. The signs so far are encouraging, only time will tell.

marku

Reaction score
Really? I feel like I'm posting too much so I've tried to back off. You know the old "a pot that is watched, never boils"? Hair
growth is so slow that watching for changes daily or weekly is counter productive.

As long as you guys trying CET don't abandon us! There are so many experimental treatments people try out only to disappear.

I might give this a try, don't have much to lose atm, it's either this or cyperone acetate at this point. lol

yi0rgos

Reaction score
What happened to the initial people of the German forum, are they still reporting positive outcomes?

jimmy360

Reaction score
After following this thread for some time (props to Casperz, those Germans, and all others brave enough to try this) I began using cet about a week ago. I'm using it once a day and minoxidil once a night. Though it's only been a week, I seem to be shedding a little less. I'm probably a norwood 1.5 looking to maintain more than regrow. I couldn't put my hands through my hair before without catching at least one or two hairs on my fingers each time. Now I run my hands through and nothing falls out. I know it's early, and I don't want to seem too optimistic, just putting this observation out there, and am wondering how everyone else is doing on this. Good luck all.

soma_72

Reaction score
Hey Cazpers, I know this may sound like an stupid question but, how do you know if the ceterizine is the one thing that is working for you?

You had said you use minoxidil just a couple of minutes after you put the cetirizine on your scalp. Minoxidil tends to work stronger on a wet head, maybe it is the minoxidil the one that is doing all the work...

(Sorry if I sound like an idiot)

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Cazpers, I know this may sound like an stupid question but, how do you know if the ceterizine is the one thing that is working for you?

You had said you use minoxidil just a couple of minutes after you put the cetirizine on your scalp. Minoxidil tends to work stronger on a wet head, maybe it is the minoxidil the one that is doing all the work...

(Sorry if I sound like an idiot)

It's a reasonable question and I covered this earlier in the thread. I've been using minoxidil since 2007 so
unless it just started working magic I don't think it's the cause for the regrowth. I often used
minoxidil right after a shower so my head is normally damp. I also have never heard of minoxidil doing anything
for frontal baldness that has been that way for a long time.

That said there may be something to the minoxidil/cet combo that is working because I think everyone that has had some
success on cet is also using minoxidil.

soma_72

Reaction score
Oh, I see, thanks. I think I am going to give cetirizine+minoxidil a couple of months, I am willing to try everything before getting into finasteride. One more question, how much do you use a day (cetirizine)?

Thanks!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I just ordered NON PPG from MinoxidilMax...I haven't seen any gains from one/day CET in water application....it looks like a few very faint peach fuzzy sprouts are trying to take hold, but I just may be imagining things....the bottom line is there is nothing on the clear bald area on my temples, at all...

So going to give minoxidil a try...I have been able to use NON PPG minoxidil in the past without irritation, but it never did much for me....maybe adding CET will kick start everything...

soma_72

Reaction score
I just ordered NON PPG from MinoxidilMax...I haven't seen any gains from one/day CET in water application....it looks like a few very faint peach fuzzy sprouts are trying to take hold, but I just may be imagining things....the bottom line is there is nothing on the clear bald area on my temples, at all...

So going to give minoxidil a try...I have been able to use NON PPG minoxidil in the past without irritation, but it never did much for me....maybe adding CET will kick start everything...

Has cet done something about your shedding?

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I think everyone that has had some
success on cet is also using minoxidil.

I am having success with only Cet as well as a few others here that have bothered to post.

I actually tried minoxidil years ago and it was totally useless.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I am having success with only Cet as well as a few others here that have bothered to post.

I actually tried minoxidil years ago and it was totally useless.

At what stage is your hairloss??? I am diffuse thinning and approaching full on NW3....I think I have gotten past the point of salvage..

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
At what stage is your hairloss??? I am diffuse thinning and approaching full on NW3....I think I have gotten past the point of salvage..

I do not believe in a "point of no salvage" at all. That's total bs AFAIK.
I believe hair only goes dormant and can be revived.

I also have diffuse thinning in the typical horseshoe pattern and CET is kicking major butt for me and hair continues to thicken.
Its about 2 months for me now. Vellus hairs completely cover my scalp now and they appear thicker every week. I also have black hairs randomly appearing now.

Casperz has a Christmas card coming from me!

Blackout

Reaction score
ceterizine

I also have diffuse thinning in the typical horseshoe pattern and CET is kicking major butt for me and hair continues to thicken.
Its about 2 months for me now. Vellus hairs completely cover my scalp now and they appear thicker every week. I also have black hairs randomly appearing now.

Fan Halen would you be so kind to post pictures?

marku

Reaction score
Fan Halen, hair grows at 1/4 inch a month, so surely over the course of a week or two these vellus hairs would had grown longer, is this the case for you? How long are they now?

I second the request for a photo, would be much appreciated. None the less, congrats!

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Fan Halen, hairs popping up all over now. Cet is working an absolute treat. My new hairs are small and black, of no great cosmetic value as of yet but clearly visible up close in the bathroom mirror. I have noticed they taking longer to grow than the hairs that were there, I am assuming this is because the "new" hairs have been dormant for so long ...15 years or more in some places. Just seeing those hairs start to come back is a major positive for me. It's all about patience at this point. Some new black hairs are even beginning to sprout inches ahead of my existing hairline.

I can tell the new hairs are taking longer to grow as I keep my head shaved. The old hairs are growing back at a much quicker rate than the new ones awakened by Cet, at the moment. Cet is probably having a strengthening effect on the hairs that were already there, too. The new hairs are definitely there however...and in time (fingers crossed) they will get back into the swing of things and will be growing as quickly and as fully as the rest of the existing hairs. Superb stuff. I still can't believe we have found something so simple that has genuine effect.

I also agree that there is no such thing as a point of no return; we know now we all have the cells to regrow our hair. It's just a matter of finding and flicking the correct switch.

Good luck to all of you, let's hope more of you start having these kind of results soon!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
You guys are applying twice/day??? I am only applying once/day -- maybe that's why I got nothin'...

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you're right FH...I can't remember, are you applying twice/day??

what

Established Member
Reaction score
Sparx444 i'm not seeing anything either, and have been on it for 6-7 weeks now. In fact, my hair looks much worse than when i started. Maybe it's the vehicle, i don't know. I might experiment with just cet and water (was using Cet/PPG/ethanol mix) on one temple and see if anything happens. But, i have a lot of doubts about this treatment. The german forum enthusiasm has died down and i think only one person should any type of response...but then again, he never showed a before photo so it's impossible to do anything other than take him at his word.