Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Anyone with rashes using this topically.

nothing major...my frontal area gets roughed up wearing a ball cap and I don't have anything noticeable...

- - - Updated - - -

*yawn* Gotta love denial. Just because you happened to be in the minority who didn't respond to finasteride must make you grumpy. I had issues with minoxidil but as an intelligent person I do not discredit it as it works for the majority.

I took finasteride for 6 years -- that crap completely ****ed me up and stopped working towards the end...yes, it did save my hair for a few years -- but I am not sure at what price I paid

- - - Updated - - -

. You haven't dealt with real sexual side effects till you've taken an SSRI.

I loading up on beta-sit, Equol and CET -- had raging morning wood this morning...

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hapen ! I am not new here I just haven't posted in a while . I have a question for you . If Cet is so good how come the German site haven't posted anything about it scents 12/07 ? It looks like Cet has failed their in the long run and the topic is now completely dead . I'm wondering why !

The German forum closes threads and starts a new one when they get too long. Here is the latest: http://translate.googleusercontent....21719/&usg=ALkJrhhwR1-V2kEOjaXiCmBIXrrp-i1GWg on PGD2, posts from today.

There are in wait and see mode on the German forum is my take, just like I am. I'll know for sure around March and I'm not making any predictions but I'm pretty sure it's going to be positive.

- - - Updated - - -

If it worked there would already be trials ages ago for it within pharmaceutical industry. They actually did studies with way stronger pgd2 blockers and even they aren't given the results these supposedly German sites were showing.

Why would any drug company take this to market? It's too cheap and cannot be patented. They only want things that make their shareholders money.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, it's still early and there is still the possibility of Cet working like finasteride in that it stops further loss or at least slows it. But I'm not optimistic about it making a big difference as far as regrowth.

What he said. It's amazing to me that this is growing hair in bald areas, I've never seen anything like it but it's not made a overall
cosmetic difference for me yet. What it has done is completely (and I do mean completely) stopped my shedding. I've not
seen more than a hair or two in my sink since about the 3 week mark. I'm personally going to give it 6 months and make a call, if my hair does not show significant improvement I'm done. I'll post pics here of the before and after and let you guys make the call. Either way I'll have an answer yea or nay on March 1st.

- - - Updated - - -

so I have been using a topical for the past week which consists of cetirizine with isopropryl alcohol(91%), water, and acetyl carnitine. So far, I have noticed some vellous fuzz around my temples. It could just be my imagination, however time will tell. I will be sure to post updates weekly on my status. I am currently not on propecia or minoxidil but have been using nizoral with little success.

I'd drop the alcohol ASAP, I think we've found that does not work well and may degrade the Cet.

I ran across this regarding oral Cet:

I took Cetirizine orally for roughly 16 years @ 10mg a day. I had absolutely zero hair loss issues and had a thick head of hair. I stopped gradually almost 2 years ago due to dependence effects and hair loss ensued starting about 6 months later. Could be coincidence but I'm not willing to go back on Cetirizine Hydrochloride to test it out.

From here http://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/showthread.php?t=10018&page=3

Not any proof but a good example of Cet MAYBE working orally.

Everyone hang on for 75 more days and we will have photographic results at 6 months and we can all decide.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow Chromeo. You too!
I actually like the mirror now... lol

Hahaha yeah, man. I used to avoid looking in any kind of reflective surface whatsoever if I could help it, I didn't need a reminder of how bad things were. Now I can't pass a mirror in the house without stopping for a while to check out what's going on up there!

fastinjun

Reaction score
Ive been silently following the thread and have also been trying the Cetirizine/alcohol mix as well. Ive been on it for about 4 weeks now. Up until a week ago was shedding but that seems to have stopped or slowed down a lot. Am hoping for some regrowth now, lets see..

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
Why would any drug company take this to market? It's too cheap and cannot be patented. They only want things that make their shareholders money.
Sure it can. You create a topical delivery route and patent it. Oral would not be patented much like Minoxidil oral. Problem is it is an antihistamine so that already throws it out. But either way if you can get your hands on Xalatan you should try that topically if this doesn't work out for you. That would be guaranteed to work. You would have to be careful though because it will put any follicle on your body into anagen and you don't want to look like an ape.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sure it can. You create a topical delivery route and patent it. Oral would not be patented much like Minoxidil oral. Problem is it is an antihistamine so that already throws it out. But either way if you can get your hands on Xalatan you should try that topically if this doesn't work out for you. That would be guaranteed to work. You would have to be careful though because it will put any follicle on your body into anagen and you don't want to look like an ape.

There is no money in that, they want the big kill.

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
just switched from alcohol-cetirizine combo to water-cetirizine combo. I'll try to post results/pics in a few weeks

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
thanks Fan Halen. Perhaps one could apply the alcohol first and then the cetirizine/water mixture. I'm still a little doubtful that cetirizine can enter the skin without alcohol as a vehicle.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks Fan Halen. Perhaps one could apply the alcohol first and then the cetirizine/water mixture. I'm still a little doubtful that cetirizine can enter the skin without alcohol as a vehicle.

Those of us who have been seeing the best results are using water, so it must be effective that way.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Those of us who have been seeing the best results are using water, so it must be effective that way.

Also, I believe usage is 2xday application...I've been applying once/day and haven't seen anything...as of yet...going to apply to my temples in the morning as well as see if something pops up..

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score

I actually think applying alcohol is simply a waste of time and would do more harm than good.
You should be perfectly fine with just Cet and water. Its working for several of us just like that.

Here is a post previously made by poster Nograde about Cet and alcohol after he researched it.

"processing CET with alcohols does something that makes 40% of CET vanish at 40 Degree after three weeks. I would speculate that having Cetirizine in direct contact with alcohol like in my Vodka mixture would degrade CET even faster. Maybe after one week about half of the CET is gone! Haha, I was putting Vodka only on my scalp for several weeks ;-)"

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
if you are gonna use alcohol fastinjun, I would recommend applying the alcohol first then the cetirizine. the fact that cetirizine degrades rapidly in alcohol would probably render it innefective within a day or two if you were to combine the two.

Letines

Reaction score
If I were to use Minoxidil and Cet which would I apply first ? Would it matter ? If anyone knows I would appreciate the help.

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
from a logical standpoint, probably minoxidil first because it contains alcohol. For that reason, I would not mix cetirizine with minoxidil

- - - Updated - - -

casperz, got any recent updates?