Topical Cetrizine for Hair Loss instead of Finasteride (Propecia)

kamikaze2803

Reaction score
Hey casperz, I remember you mentioned applying cet first then letting it dry for a few minutes then applying minoxidil? this what i've been doing since u mentioned it

fastinjun

Reaction score
Its so strange because Ive been on it now for about a month with the alcohol mix it has slowed down my hairloss even with the alcohol...but yeah, I will switch to just distilled water and Cez.

cloud952

Reaction score
you have pics?? didnt on the german forum they are all giving up now? some of them are still shedding at 6 months
I posted about that earlier in this tread . Because of the German sit you have to take at close look at Cet for its long run effectiveness although I'm hoping that's not the final outcome .

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
didnt on the german forum they are all giving up now? some of them are still shedding at 6 months

Unfortunately some individuals here are making gross assumptions with no evidence or reason for it.

Here is what Casperz posted a few days ago about the German forum:

"The German forum closes threads and starts a new one when they get too long. Here is the latest: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...CmBIXrrp-i1GWg on PGD2, posts from today.

There are in wait and see mode on the German forum is my take, just like I am. I'll know for sure around March and I'm not making any predictions but I'm pretty sure it's going to be positive."

And you said "some of them are still shedding after 6 months"....
Really? Where did you see that michael?
AFAIK the Cet experiment has only been going on around maybe 4 months or so.
Its also discovered on this thread that Cet with alcohol/ppg could be the cause of shedding, but not Cet with water.

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
A agree with Fan Halen, patience is the key. Plus, the people who have been using the combo have been getting good results so I wouldn't be overly anxious to abandon cetirizine. However, the biggest thing people can do is take pictures. Without them, there's just word of mouth.

Reaction score
Fan halen how long have you been on it? Do you notice any new hairs coming in? Do you have any pics or is it to early to tell with a camera? Thanks

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Fan halen how long have you been on it? Do you notice any new hairs coming in? Do you have any pics or is it to early to tell with a camera? Thanks

Been on Cet/water about 9 weeks now.
Tons of new hairs coming in. Not scared of the mirror any more. lol
No pics. Very time consuming and frustrating to repeat pics with same lighting, angles, etc.

cuprous

Reaction score
Been on Cet/water about 9 weeks now.
Tons of new hairs coming in.

You've probably already answered this elsewhere but what sort of loss were you having (diffuse, NWx, etc)? Are you seeing any temple regrowth? I've been applying for several weeks now and while I am fairly confident I'm getting something that looks like longer vellus hair it's only apparent if I look really close and with the right angle.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you seeing any temple regrowth? I've been applying for several weeks now and while I am fairly confident I'm getting something that looks like longer vellus hair it's only apparent if I look really close and with the right angle.

Temple regrowth is very light but starting at the edges.
My diffuse thinning pattern is heavily regrowing with the vellus hairs becoming more prominent as the weeks pass by and dark terminal hairs are starting to make more of an appearance now.

I expect my temples will be the last area to show regrowth but hey... I've only just past by my 2 month point a week ago and everything is great for that short of a time frame.