Topical Cetirizine Is Still Worth A Try ?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zinc is very reactive and is gonna degrade your minoxidil, thats the issue.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
even when applied 12 hours apart?
I'm sure by that time, even less, your skin as already absorbed either the minoxidil or the zinc (what ever you took first)

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure by that time, even less, your skin as already absorbed either the minoxidil or the zinc (what ever you took first)

i think its more because of the ''residue'' of zinc before applying minoxidil. I could rinse my hair with water for 1 minute before applying the minoxidil. But i canno wash it every single time..

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so it should be avoided altogether?
I mean.. by the time you use the 2nd treatment, your body already consumed the first one so there is little chance that the zinc will interact with the minoxidil with the time span you gave (12h)... I think the advice was not to mix them in the same container

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean.. by the time you use the 2nd treatment, your body already consumed the first one so there is little chance that the zinc will interact with the minoxidil with the time span you gave (12h)... I think the advice was not to mix them in the same container

Yeah so as long as you enough time between them its all good?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think its more because of the ''residue'' of zinc before applying minoxidil. I could rinse my hair with water for 1 minute before applying the minoxidil. But i canno wash it every single time..
Sure, that would be what I call a practical issue. For instance, I do not use minoxidil simply because it makes my hair oily and smelly too. I tried the foam version too but well :p

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know of any pge2 agonists besides castor oil? It seems to me that everything listed as useful is blocking pgd2.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know of any pge2 agonists besides castor oil? It seems to me that everything listed as useful is blocking pgd2.
only one i can think of that are not pgf2a analogue are dinoprostone / ricinoleic acid ( so part castor oil)/ pure pge2 powder/ and maybe minoxidil

thedoubter

Reaction score

Is there anything to apply topically as a PGE2 agonist except castor oil? I’m not even sure the effectiveness of castor oil is enough

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I received my ceti powder a few days ago, 1% ml a day. No negative sides so far, so it will probably remain a staple in my regimen

For pge2, I'm using PGE2 powder and Latanoprost that I already had on hand until I run out. Also, L-Threonate powder since it supposedly helps with inhibiting DKK1.

I'll infrequently apply castor oil topically, no more than once a week or so, mainly because it's too gross (both topically and orally) to be a consistent daily thing for me.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I received my ceti powder a few days ago, 1% ml a day. No negative sides so far, so it will probably remain a staple in my regimen

For pge2, I'm using PGE2 powder and Latanoprost that I already had on hand until I run out. Also, L-Threonate powder since it supposedly helps with inhibiting DKK1.

I'll infrequently apply castor oil topically, no more than once a week or so, mainly because it's too gross (both topically and orally) to be a consistent daily thing for me.
interesting regimen you got there, did you use minoxidil before? and are you noticing any skin sides on pge2 + pgf2a analogues ( it's suposed to damag collagn aswell) or is it lesser than on minoxidil if you used it before? THANKS

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@LouisSarkozy

I've not noticed any skin sides. I've used minoxidil inconsistently before, which I noticed skin sides with and also puffy face/water retention, and really no benefit for hair in my case. The puffy face/water retention was definitely noticeable and I don't have that with PGE2/PGF2a powder. On top of that, it's been shown that minoxidil itself has anti-androgenic effects which is what I'm mostly trying to avoid. I don't use castor oil orally for the same reason.

I should also add that I started thyroid (T3) supplementation a few weeks ago, higher thyroid function increases PGE2 synthesis. I've also had hypothyroid symptoms for years, so it's also to treat that and ensure that any hair loss I'm having isn't due to low thyroid.

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Charger maybe Taurine would be helpful in such case too. Sorry for off-topic in this Ceti thread.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@balda

I get around 5g+ Taurine per day through diet and supplementation. Not sure if it's worth it to add it topically.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@LouisSarkozy

I've not noticed any skin sides. I've used minoxidil inconsistently before, which I noticed skin sides with and also puffy face/water retention, and really no benefit for hair in my case. The puffy face/water retention was definitely noticeable and I don't have that with PGE2/PGF2a powder. On top of that, it's been shown that minoxidil itself has anti-androgenic effects which is what I'm mostly trying to avoid. I don't use castor oil orally for the same reason.

I should also add that I started thyroid (T3) supplementation a few weeks ago, higher thyroid function increases PGE2 synthesis. I've also had hypothyroid symptoms for years, so it's also to treat that and ensure that any hair loss I'm having isn't due to low thyroid.
is your full regimen on your description? looks interesting really .

did you notice any increase in wrinkles using minoxidil and are you sure pge2 isn't causing you any increase in skin wrinkling cause if so it's a massive win for me ( but according to this thread pge2 should be detrimental too unfortunnately https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ol-will-make-your-face-look-like-sh-t.109593/)

can you tell me what's your supplier for pge2 powder and waht vehicle are you using . thanks you very much