Topical Cetirizine Is Still Worth A Try ?

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like aspirin, niacin, and castor oil.

Really, it all depends on your tolerance of each. Niacin strongly promotes nitric oxide, and serotonin which is usually correlated with lower testosterone levels.

Ricinoleic acid (castor oil) has been found to lower testosterone in rats. I use it topically occasionally, even if it didnt affect testosterone, it's too gross to take it orally everyday. And it's a pain to wash out when used topically.

Aspirin actually tends to be mostly pro-androgen and anabolic. The only issues with it are that it lowers PGE2 as well, and that it lowers estrogen which tends to be good for hair unless you're in the camp that believes estrogen drives hair loss and not DHT.
Like aspirin, niacin, and castor oil.

Really, it all depends on your tolerance of each. Niacin strongly promotes nitric oxide, and serotonin which is usually correlated with lower testosterone levels.

Ricinoleic acid (castor oil) has been found to lower testosterone in rats. I use it topically occasionally, even if it didnt affect testosterone, it's too gross to take it orally everyday. And it's a pain to wash out when used topically.

Aspirin actually tends to be mostly pro-androgen and anabolic. The only issues with it are that it lowers PGE2 as well, and that it lowers estrogen which tends to be good for hair unless you're in the camp that believes estrogen drives hair loss and not DHT.
I’m gonna stick with Castor and Niacin. I don’t wanna f*** stuff up too much. I love the niacin flush tho. Dunno if it’s a coincidence, but I feel like my shedding is WAY down since incorporating it

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m gonna stick with Castor and Niacin. I don’t wanna f*** stuff up too much. I love the niacin flush tho. Dunno if it’s a coincidence, but I feel like my shedding is WAY down since incorporating it
What's your dosage for niacin?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you suppose a systemic PGD2 reduction is required to achieve any effect? Cetirizine would seem to suggest it is not so.

Would aspirin work topically to any extent?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you suppose a systemic PGD2 reduction is required to achieve any effect? Cetirizine would seem to suggest it is not so.

Would aspirin work topically to any extent?
It's very hard to dissolve aspirin for topical application apparently

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've no doubt that Niacin is helpful as long as you tolerate it. I could deal with the flush, but it's serotonergic effects are noticeable. I don't like anything that breaks my 'zen', so to speak, and I feel noticeably irritable/aggressive after using it and it carries on in to the next day.

I might mess around with it more to see if I can find a sweet spot with it, maybe.

I've thought about topical aspirin but haven't looked into it much to know whether or not it dissolves well, vehicle, etc.

Not sure what you're getting at with the ceti comment. Anything you put on your skin is going systemic to some degree. Aspirin is probably the closest OTC drug we have to dealing with PGD2 without negatively affecting hormones or neurotransmitters.

Last edited:

thedoubter

Reaction score
I've no doubt that Niacin is helpful as long as you tolerate it. I could deal with the flush, but it's serotonergic effects are noticeable. I don't like anything that breaks my 'zen', so to speak, and I feel noticeably irritable/aggressive after using it and it carries on in to the next day.

I might mess around with it more to see if I can find a sweet spot with it, maybe.

I've thought about topical aspirin but haven't looked into it much to know whether or not it dissolves well, vehicle, etc.

Not sure what you're getting at with the ceti comment. Anything you put on your skin is going systemic to some degree. Aspirin is probably the closest OTC drug we have to dealing with PGD2 without negatively affecting hormones or neurotransmitters.

How does niacin influence serotonin?

I’ve just begun taking Luteolin - apparently this reduces PGD2, so I can avoid the Aspirin route. Would I need to take Niacin as well - I don’t like the thought of this messing with neurotransmitters mind?

I now need a PGE2 activator in my Arsenal - Castor Oil topically 2/3 times a week in the hairline and crown, would this be enough - and dermarolled to help absoroption

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does niacin influence serotonin?

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I bet in 50 years, our kids will look back and think we were nuts for all this sh*t we do to keep our hair.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bet in 50 years, our kids will look back and think we were nuts for all this sh*t we do to keep our hair.

Who gives a f*** what they will think - they will probably be eternal fullheads so they will never understand.
Oh and actually - unless I solve this hair loss sh*t they probably won't even exist, so f*** 'em :D.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is post-industrial society and with us at peace, the U.S., I mean, males aren't necessary any longer. You guys aren't MtF's but there is a calming aspect to being chemically female that many find really pleasant. When males are needed, it is always them doing the shitty work like lumberjack, steel worker, coal miner, stevedore, farmer, i.e. back-breaking work.

I still mostly think of myself as male though so it is an interesting dynamic. Half the time, I forget that I changed my name and I still use male pronouns but now I used them randomly so sometimes I use she and at times, they. The thing is that I ended up liking this so I don't know. I just don't know whether I only did this for the hair.

As to the baldness treatment debate, as soon as I put the wig on, I started get attention and I started making friends more easily and Covid19 ruined all of that. In my male person, still bald for months from the shed, I sometimes got treated like crap eh but romantically, women seemed to groove on the dress and now I have to decide if I am just going to keep going back and forth or pick a persona because it doesn't matter to me. I have noticed with my hair improvement that I never get clocked but it is probably more so my carrying around a pair of D-cups that I simply cannot hide any longer. They have gotten too large. So, everybody be careful what you wish for cause nothing in life is free.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might actually drop down to PGE2+Aspirin myself, it's the only one out of the 3 PGD2 OTC options we have that I don't know of any potential antiandrogenic effects.

Could be placebo, but I've felt low androgen symptoms some days that lead me to think that the Ceti had gone systemic. Unfortunately, some histamine receptors are beneficial for testosterone and dopamine.

Seems like everything that shows promise effects androgens whether directly or indirectly. Bleh.
Hi, sadly it seems Aspirin is anti androgenic too.. I have noticed a lack of sexual interest since starting high dose aspirin. I don't know if it's related but look at this study

"ASA reduced sperm count and movement maybe due to a decrease in androgen level. In this study, serum testosterone was decreased. Epididymis is the main site of sperm maturation and is an organ that is completely androgen dependent. Obviously, in episodes of decreased testosterone, the function of epithelium of epididymis is altered, which may also be due to the toxic effects of aspirin on epithelial cells

In conclusion, results of the present study showed that administration of ASA over the 14 days in dose of 5.00 mg increases sperm DNA fragmentation index and therefore reduces DNA integrity and in doses of 0.50, 1.00, 5.00 mg reduces serum testosterone level without having effect on LH. Generally ASA has deleterious effects on the male reproductive indices even in low doses."

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw your post over at RPF. Until I see data or a convincing enough rebuttal to it, I probably won't use it anymore myself. Thankfully, it was only a few days I did use it. The lack of sexual interest could've been down to it supposedly being anti-estrogen, but who knows.

Anyway, I have OC000459 on the way for dealing with PGD2. Hopefully any side effects are tolerable.

-edit-

Did some more reading on aspirin, and it seems that in the short-term it tends to be beneficial, whereas long-term it seems like it can go either way in terms of it's effects on androgens.

While reading more about aspirin, I stumbled upon this:

Which seems to imply that administration of PGE1 and PGE2 has a negative effect on spermatogenesis. So, seemingly everything at this point has a direct or indirect effect on androgens or general well-being in varying degrees and you really just have to weigh your options and gauge how you respond to each treatment.

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw your post over at RPF. Until I see data or a convincing enough rebuttal to it, I probably won't use it anymore myself. Thankfully, it was only a few days I did use it. The lack of sexual interest could've been down to it supposedly being anti-estrogen, but who knows.

Anyway, I have OC000459 on the way for dealing with PGD2. Hopefully any side effects are tolerable.

-edit-

Did some more reading on aspirin, and it seems that in the short-term it tends to be beneficial, whereas long-term it seems like it can go either way in terms of it's effects on androgens.

While reading more about aspirin, I stumbled upon this:

Which seems to imply that administration of PGE1 and PGE2 has a negative effect on spermatogenesis. So, seemingly everything at this point has a direct or indirect effect on androgens or general well-being in varying degrees and you really just have to weigh your options and gauge how you respond to each treatment.
Thank you for the pge effects on testis

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2591605

This study shows that pgd2 has a negative impact on testosterone production too, so if pge2/pge1 and pgd2 have an negative impact on testosterone production /Leydig cells, then we know the possible negative impact of aspirin on testosterone doesn't come from COX2 inhibition.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the pge effects on testis

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2591605

This study shows that pgd2 has a negative impact on testosterone production too, so if pge2/pge1 and pgd2 have an negative impact on testosterone production /Leydig cells, then we know the possible negative impact of aspirin on testosterone doesn't come from COX2 inhibition.

I'll need to look into it more, but I've seen some studies that imply PGD2 stimulates testosterone production.

"Production of PGD2 was indeed proven in freshly isolated hamster Leydig cells (2), which also respond to PGD2 by increased testosterone production."

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It probably improves scalp health by decreasing or keeping histamine decreased. In telogen effluvium it has been said that their is more histamine than normal. Maybe it reduces pgd2 to some extent. Is there really any other pgd2 inhibitors out there that are more affordable or easy to just pick up at the store? fluocinolone acetonide increases collagen type 2, is also an ant inflammatory, and has been used in .2% amounts successfully for alopecia areata.